Freebies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The young presenter with the vivid red hair told us that QVC "loaned" her a pair of £16 DIamonique earrings that she must return. She intends to then buy a pair of the same. Something sounds fishy here.
In the next hour (Elemis) she said she was lucky enough to be give a kit to try and wadda ya know?

She loved it!

Well she's hardly going to say it stunk and gave her massive spots is she?

They are not very bright. They know we are onto them but they are so stupid that they think we are going to be taken in by them allegedly buying their freebies. They need to just stop all this nonsense now. They are not returning items, at least I hope not because it’s all unhygienic and unbelievable. If they are buying them then they don’t need to suddenly start announcing it and let’s hope they are paying a realistic price and not a few pounds. Finally, in these difficult times their greed is highly offensive. I too was very saddened today to read about the man who was struggling to get by in these difficult times who took his life. There are too many stories like these and these idiots have turned their attention to pretending that they are buying their freebies so they don’t have to give them up. Shame on them. How do they feel being discussed in this way?

It’s one thing to get a freebie but which presenter is going to actually buy items out of their own pockets just because they have to present them on a show.

I can’t use perfumed products so if I was a Q presenter would I have to buy items which I wouldn’t use just to say how good it was . Neither would I use it if it was free.

Just describe the item, say the ingredient/size whatever and leave it up to the BA and models to slop it all over themselves. Job done - since we can’t smell, feel or taste what is the point anyway. They aren’t going to tell the truth anyway so just give the basics and then shut up!

QVC would be more credible if they sent out samples for customers to try instead and they forgot about giving freebies to the presenters. At least we wouldn‘t have to listen to presenters raving on about products that we know are naff and we’d actually get genuine reviews from customers. (I was thinking about all the LAB stuff they used to flog and the recent RIO gadget all of which got poor reviews, despite the presenters saying they couldn’t live without them.) 🙄
I believe they did try this at one time, many years ago.

I believe they did try this at one time, many years ago.

Yes, they had a “customer panel” which again was a total waste of money, not one panelist ever said they disliked what they were given, well let’s face it who ever is going to say that they don’t like what they’re given for free, amongst other things nobody wants to come off as ungrateful, QVC presenter freebies are different though, they won’t say they don’t like it because they want to keep their jobs and keep the customer buying.

Yes, they had a “customer panel” which again was a total waste of money, not one panelist ever said they disliked what they were given, well let’s face it who ever is going to say that they don’t like what they’re given for free, amongst other things nobody wants to come off as ungrateful, QVC presenter freebies are different though, they won’t say they don’t like it because they want to keep their jobs and keep the customer buying.
Since the presenters are the only ones who benefit from freebies as has been repeatedly demonstrated I would be quite happy if they declared these benefits to HMRC on their Tax Returns. I can’t let this go and I apologise to those who have no problem with hundreds of pounds of freebies being received weekly. I will repeat my grievances just as long as the presenters are Repeat Offenders. How has it helped us that Flint has £179+ of sample Le Creuset pans? The guest has the product knowledge all Del Boy had to do was ask questions

I think I'm gonna get more irked by the bs they come up with to try and convince us they're not getting given everything free or for keeps. Earrings? They have always been a non returnable item due to hygiene. Used cookware? What are they gonna do, wash it, put it back in the box and put it back on sale? Half finished skincare and bath products? The only thing they could do with those is to bin them - so they may as well let the presenter keep them. Possibly some of the electrical items could be reconditioned and re-sold as such. KP's mirror "Keep the box and the packaging luv, we'll be wanting it back in a couple of weeks".

I've come to the decision that we're flogging a dead horse here...All we can do is stop shopping with them - I have, and I'm feelin' goooood!

Stop shopping and shop them to HMRC.
One of the KP mirrors also found its way to the Roberts mansion. I hope that helps QVC customers.
Lightbulb moment! Yes of course it will help QVC customers but not the rational ones. If their idols have got it, then they want it - eg "I've got all Julia's books, I follow her on all the SM platforms, the mirror looks wonderful on her wall, so I've gotta have it, it's another step towards me living the Julia life" As crazy as this might sound, I think that's it! It's as much about the presenter as it is about the product. Having the same mirror, dress or what have you gives them some common ground, something to talk about and buries that customer even deeper into this rather sad equation. No wonder you hear so many horror stories about lonely folk passing and being found buried under piles and piles of often unopened QVC stock!

Bombarding emails to QVC might help. I've written about this freebie 'problem' many times to them, and made overtures to Craig and Flinty on their blogs about this as well. Perhaps if all of us on here fired off similar emails to qvc (there is a function on their website) objecting to their constant bragging, then we might see further comments from the presenters.

Apparently the presenters are to be loaned a selection of jewellery to wear each month, I caught Kathryn Goldsmith say yesterday
Try as I might I can’t see the point of loaning them jewellery. That’s why they have models on each show. Of course they will be emphasising that they will be returning their samples or that they love them so much they will be buying whatever it is. How much will that be £2.50? Who will want jewellery that they have been wearing for a month? Is that even allowed? I hope the male presenters won’t be left out. Maybe Craigie can sample some diamonique.
They are quite a determined lot and have no plans to give up on their freebies without a fight. No surprises there.

Interesting how this thread (and maybe the teensiest mention of HMRC) seems to have got all these denials. When did you ever hear of a nurse being offered a blood pressure monitor or other medical stuff to trial and keep because he or she had used it? No, you won't, either.

This is from Katy Pullinger's blog:

Diamonique – Escape Melissa Odabash Love Necklace

We have been trialling something new amongst the presenter team recently. The jewellery department and our stylist Stine have been putting together jewellery samples for us to borrow each month so that we are always in current stock on air and can keep up to date with all of our outfits and looks. One piece that I particularly liked this month is this Escape by Melissa Odabash necklace that has four gold-plated discs, spelling out the word ‘love’ in simulated diamonds. It’s so pretty and the perfect Valentine’s gift perhaps, or even Mother’s Day gift. Here I am wearing it with the Joules Elvina Shirt in red. It actually has Dalmatians on it, which is super cute, but it’s selling fast so you will have to be quick.

Latest posts

Back