I am confused

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I walk every day I can. More often than not I'm the one moving aside but it depends on my mood. In compliant mode, I'll give way. In stubborn mode, I'll either make a big deal of giving way or just hold the middle ground, spread my elbows out just a tad and make sure they stay locked so I don't come off worse in a barging situation. Maybe someone will learn something from it*, maybe they won't, but it sure makes me feel better.

*Probably just what a bolshy female they just passed.

Just read the “relaxation rules” for us . Up until 12 April still nothing open will be reviewed then depending on numbers.

Thats another month of house arrest unless you are a golfer that is. What is it about sport that normal rules don’t apply to them, I see football, rugby, snooker, golf onTV continually and it isn’t all pre Covid .
There was something on at the weekend on the BBC. Seems England and Wales the infection figures really dropping. But N.I. have just levelled and have not really dropped off as expected. Mid-Antrim is still the hot spot for infections.

I was at the RVH last week for an ultrasound and scan, the imagining department was quiet 5 of us there well spread out for appointments. You had to wipe/sanitize the chair down before sitting down and also sanitize your hands.

There was something on at the weekend on the BBC. Seems England and Wales the infection figures really dropping. But N.I. have just levelled and have not really dropped off as expected. Mid-Antrim is still the hot spot for infections.

I was at the RVH last week for an ultrasound and scan, the imagining department was quiet 5 of us there well spread out for appointments. You had to wipe/sanitize the chair down before sitting down and also sanitize your hands.
Donna let’s hope we can get some respite as it’s getting us all down.
PS hope you are well and your scan was just routine.

Sorry to hear your Mr T is still going through the wars. Keep sane, eat cake, drink vino and buy a punchbag for the garage and go give it a good kicking every now and again !
Thank you Vienna, compared with many our problems are minor. The last time he went to the GP was 1999 to have rabies shots before a trek so I can understand that this has scared him & affected his confidence. However, he also has lost his sense of perspective, when I tried to find a positive from a negative & said that he wasn't really missing much because we're still under lockdown his reaction was that living with a Pollyanna/Thumper crossbreed was hard work :censored:

Thank you Vienna, compared with many our problems are minor. The last time he went to the GP was 1999 to have rabies shots before a trek so I can understand that this has scared him & affected his confidence. However, he also has lost his sense of perspective, when I tried to find a positive from a negative & said that he wasn't really missing much because we're still under lockdown his reaction was that living with a Pollyanna/Thumper crossbreed was hard work :censored:
That`s men for you. My Mr V has worked all through the pandemic but it still hasn`t stopped him moaning for Britain. He can`t go out for an Indian meal, he can`t go to the cinema, he can`t browse shirts in Marks, he can`t get a proper haircut, he can`t go to the theatre and so on and so on. I tell him its him and a few million other people in the same boat including ME and that life isn`t all about him and what he can`t do, so to shut the hell up and be happy with what he HAS got. We`ve both escaped the dreaded covid and at our ages we`re both still comparatively mobile and after seeing what covid did to my fit and healthy son I reckon we have a lot to be thankful for.
Anyway he was dutifully shamed after my giving him a first class verbal bollocking and seeing as I`ve been struggling with a fractured wrist and damaged tendons but still managed to cook and feed him then he ****** well knows which side his bread is buttered on !

I do try not to get down knowing full well I’m in a much much better position than many and a haircut isn’t worth one persons health.

2020 wasn’t a great year health wise for Mr L and both of us have gone from doing every thing inside and out to realising that we will have to get people in to do the hard physical stuff. Not helped by carrying lockdown lard due to biscuits and wine.

We have been trying to bring the garden around but find 2 hours is enough whereas this time last year we were out for 6 hours every day.

I see that vaccine centres have been told not to make appointments from 29 March and none for April so I hope that our younger members who haven’t had it will be lucky enough not to be effected.

im hoping appointments already made for April will be honoured.
So do I, that's when my 2nd is due, mid-April

This morning I couldn’t believe it, seen the criteria had changed to over 50s even though the husband is 55 on the 5th of April, I said to him book his and he did about about 7am online, he’s the 28th of March at 3.25pm, second June 15th. Thought nothing of it till this afternoon it said they were taking no more bookings after the 29th, so he just scraped in..........definitely doing the Lottery this week. 😜

Thanks T, the second being honoured is good news. 🙏❤️

Last edited:
I finally got my appointment for Sunday. I had to ring my surgery, Public Health Wales and my local health board - several times.

My neighbours and family have all had theirs at the local surgery a mile away. I'm being sent a 70mile, 90 minutes round trip for mine. Luckily, I don't need to use a bus as there are none!

According to the news, the delay is due to a hold up in the production of the vaccine in India.

What I think is dreadful is that so many countries have stopped giving the Astra Zeneca one because a small handful of people, out of millions, have experienced blood clots which may well have happened without a vaccination. The risk from a blood clot is far less than the risk of getting the virus. Presumably those doses will now go to waste.

Yet now, the EU is bleating on about not having the vaccines and pointedly saying that the U.K. should send some to them whilst threatening to stop the export of vaccine produced over there.

I voted to remain but I’m now glad we’ve left the EU. They were too slow to start their vaccination programmes and now they’re throwing their toys out of the pram. 😳

I had the Pfizer vaccine but if the EU hold those back then I’d be quite happy to have one of the others when I’m called for my second jab.

I was given a card with a return date 4/5 from my GP.

India has so many of their own country to vaccinate, I see on the lunchtime news they are saying they have a duty to supply their own people's needs. I get the idea they just cannot keep up the manufacturing supplies needed from both India and to the rest of the world.

The thing is the contracts are with the manufacturing companies Pfizer and AZ if they just cannot keep up with the worldwide demand nothing can be done. The Johnston vaccine or the US one as it is called is due to come to the UK in the next few months. The countries can stamp their feet and point fingers at each other, but it is down to the manufactures how quickly they can make and supply.

Didn't someone on here say that Ruth had 'extensions' ? I wonder if her hair is so fine / thin that its impossible to be swishy - at that length anyway, so her little enhancements help to give volume only.

My hair has been thinning for years, but its shoulder length, I keep it blonde, and only looks reasonably swishy the day its washed. If Ruth looks like this at 60, what on earth is she going to look like at my age - 72 ???
She'll probably keep on with the extensions, using more and more as time goes by and then maybe a full wig

Latest posts

Back