A New Slant On The Presenters Free Clothing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Following on from the question on Jackies blog in April about what happens with all the clothing the presenters get provided with.

Jackies reply:

“Hi Helen, thanks for the kind words. And that’s such a good question about the samples! OK – so, If we’re asked to try consumable items like beauty/food, obviously they can’t be passed on to anyone else afterwards so we are allowed to use them up or dispose of them. In fashion, if we get samples of TSV clothes and shoes (the show samples usually only come in a couple of sizes so we need samples that fit all the various shapes and sizes of us presenters!), we can keep them in our on-air wardrobes if we want to, but when they sell out and are not coming back into stock they are cleaned and given to charity. We do big charity clear outs several times a year. Handbags are buyers’ samples that are lent to us and are them cleaned and go back to the buyers (also used for taking photos for the website and promo videos and so on). The buyers also give us new jewellery samples every month to wear on air and then at the end of the month these are cleaned and returned to the buyers and often back to the brands. Things like electrical items and technology are cleaned and returned to the brands or sometimes stay on site to be used for shows. I think that covers most of it! Thanks for getting in touch.
Jx”

Well during the fashion outlet last evening at 11pm, whilst presenting a Perceptions dress
Debbie Flint said:

”I’ve got a couple of Perceptions dresses in my wardrobe and I love them.
The big thing now is we have a lovely new stylist called Stine.
She is stinestylistQVC on Instagram go and look at what she does.
She makes sure we have up to date stuff in our wardrobes and we end up with a pile of stuff.
And she says put them in the charity box or take them home. Lovely thank you very much.”

Guest says something about taking the clothing home and Debbie agrees going on to say.

”My wardrobe at home ends up so many beautiful things I’ve kept cause I really like them.
So you know how you grade them cause you only keep what you really like.
I really, really like that, I really like that, but I will have to relinquish that,
cause I have all these that I really, really like.”

As for ditching the items no longer being stocked how does that stack up with the umpteen times presenters ,Julia in particular , state when tweets come in that it is stock from years ago?

I wonder how long spaniel ears sat up thinking that reply up - just like a politician how to avoid saying anything that can come back and bite you on the arse.

The number of times on their Facebook people asking about at item of clothing the presenter is wearing. Then told by the admin this item is no longer available. No mention of it coming back in stock. Or someone will say oh that dress top etc was last year's range and gone.

Strange then how they are still wearing them on air.

To be honest they`re welcome to as much Q clothing as they can get because 99% of it is dire. The polyester static in some of their wardrobes must be shocking in more ways than one. At least if it`s tucked away in a presenter`s wardrobe after being worn on air then it isn`t being sent out to some poor sucker who`s expecting new and pristine items.

It's a perk of the job and one that is to be expected. It is the same in any job where people are reviewing items. Once they've worn stuff it is no longer new so of no intrinsic value, but I'm sure they don't keep everything and a lot ends up being given away. There may also be some items that they buy with the staff discount. Of course it's a bit different when it comes to jewellery worth hundreds of pounds.

Claire Sutton posted this after she'd left the Q last summer. My first thought was whether anyone would buy that many polyester dresses from one company.

Claire Sutton posted this after she'd left the Q last summer. My first thought was whether anyone would buy that many polyester dresses from one company.

I can understand a shopping tv presenter needing to have a lot of clothes, as they wouldn't want to be seen wearing the same thing over and over, especially since a lot of viewers have a great interest in what they're wearing and often text and tweet asking where they bought things. Of course, when they're presenting "fashion" then they have to wear what's on air, so that gives them a wider onscreen wardrobe. What I don't understand though is why anyone working in a hot studio would off their own bat, opt to wear clingy, non breathable, polyester fabrics!

I can understand a shopping tv presenter needing to have a lot of clothes, as they wouldn't want to be seen wearing the same thing over and over, especially since a lot of viewers have a great interest in what they're wearing and often text and tweet asking where they bought things. Of course, when they're presenting "fashion" then they have to wear what's on air, so that gives them a wider onscreen wardrobe. What I don't understand though is why anyone working in a hot studio would off their own bat, opt to wear clingy, non breathable, polyester fabrics!
You are nice, she only worked a few hours every few days &, as you said, if it was a 'fashion' hour she'd be in the tat she was selling. IMO this washing line of 1960s psychedelic man made fabric is excessive.

As for ditching the items no longer being stocked how does that stack up with the umpteen times presenters ,Julia in particular , state when tweets come in that it is stock from years ago?

I wonder how long spaniel ears sat up thinking that reply up - just like a politician how to avoid saying anything that can come back and bite you on the arse.
She's dodging the issue, for sure.

Latest posts

Back