Scruffy presenters

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If someone wants to just come round and have a cuppa dressed in their slobby gear, not a problem... but if they want me to part with my hard-earned money I expect some evidence of effort and professionalism. That's a trend I can get on board with. I don't even mind if they are in jeans provided they are smart, unripped ones.
June always looks nicely turned out. But does she own any other trousers than the black and the cream colored ones?

I’ve just bought one for a wedding, hate the thing - it’s anything but fascinatingly but marginally better than a hat.
I love hats but it is years since I hired one for a wedding, great to have an excuse! I remember for my Mother’s funeral I had to have a hat it was so important to me! When wearing a hat you have to have gloves IMO. I remember Mrs Middleton at William & Kate’s wedding looking lovely, but no gloves?A fascinator would not suit my hairstyle anyway!

It doesn’t suit me either but it is the lesser evil than a hat and it’s the sort of church you have to have a hair covering although WTF it’s covering is beyond me.

What is this, or it is best left to my imagination?
I can't wear a hat, my hair gets crushed & because it's bobbed* there are very few styles that look right so I always wear a fascinator to a wedding. When our older daughter was getting married I saw one that was a huge black poppy & it would have complemented my dress perfectly, it was £200 so it remained in the shop. The one I bought has been worn by me, both daughters & a friend & will worn again in two weeks time.
* This is my style & colour.
1630084701254.png

I don`t suit hats or fascinators. I always think headwear should be down to personal choice but I know some brides insist on headwear. I once went to a wedding where the bride TOLD me I HAD to wear a hat but guess what, I didn`t and she was too busy to even notice.
I`m tall, not exactly stick thin, broad shouldered, have very short hair and a fascinator looks like I`ve just stuck a feather or a flower on top of my head like Little Weed from the Flowerpot men and a hat always makes me look bald because they hide my very short hair.
Thankfully none of my sons married into the Royal Family, in fact only one of them is actually married, the other 2 live with partners but haven`t tied the knot, so I`ve never felt forced into wearing a hat.
I know some religions require a head covering and if I was ever invited to such a religious environment then I`d wear a pashmina over my head and shoulders. We once went on a tour of a newly opened grand mosque in Turkey which was a stunning place so I wore a pashmina for that.
My late sister felt the same about headwear but when she was having her chemo she happily rocked bright scarves tied in various ways and she wore matching lippy and bright dangly earrings so as to make a feature of wearing the scarves. She had a favourite one which was real silk and ombre style with various shades of blues and turquoise and it had small crystals on it and she wore it in her coffin because she loved it so much.

I can't wear a hat, my hair gets crushed & because it's bobbed* there are very few styles that look right so I always wear a fascinator to a wedding. When our older daughter was getting married I saw one that was a huge black poppy & it would have complemented my dress perfectly, it was £200 so it remained in the shop. The one I bought has been worn by me, both daughters & a friend & will worn again in two weeks time.
* This is my style & colour.View attachment 22006
Lovely.

I like pashminas but I like hats, too. My mother used to say I had a "hat face" and although not all styles suit me by any means, in winter I'm rarely seen without a hat of some sort, even if it's just a beanie. I've got a wedding hat complete with hat box for just in case. Just in case hasn't happened for a good ten years now!

Some years ago Mr CC and I were in Singapore and we had booked afternoon tea at Raffles. The dress code was clearly stated and "closed shoes for men" was on the list. Mr CC carried his dress shoes half way around the world (to wear only once) and there we were all dolled up (along with many others) all set to have a lovely afternoon. What ruined it for Mr CC was the two Australian guys that turned up at the last minute dressed in tee shirts, shorts and flip flops and they were allowed in!!! He still goes on about it to this day 😁😁

it was lowering the tone I have to say 🤭

CC

In Italy we used to often stay in an hotel where no shorts or flip flops were allowed in the dinning room and it was nice to dress up a little (linen dresses type of thing). One evening a couple of men turned up in scruffy jeans and t shirt and a guest called the head waiter over and complained!

After that we noticed each year the dress code was lower and lower until it got to the point that we felt overdressed even though we were anything but.

OK ladies, this is what I do.

My head bands are created especially for ladies who cant/don't want to wear a hat or a star treck enterprise style 'fascinator', but feel the need to wear something on their head for a wedding or day at the races.

I have sold many this year so far, to ladies like yourselves who don't want hair crushers, so my floral bands have been very successful.

I've already started on the Christmas ones (groan), and hoping its not going to be another no no like last year !

(incidentally, my Avatar shows one of my creations that I sell for £12 - a recent B & W similar coloured sparkly one was £60 on waitlist !!!! - courtesy of being made in China. Mine are made in Bedfordshire 😂 😂 🤭)

Our younger daughter had her baby on Thursday evening. Everything started quickly but fairly calmly & by the time I arrived to look after little granddaughter she was just about to have a bath. She came downstairs looking lovely - nice dress, hair tied up, some make up on & even wearing earrings; their plan was to have a coffee & wait until things progressed. The kettle hadn't boiled before they had to go, the hospital is 15 minutes away & their baby was born 20 minutes after they parked... The midwife told her that she'd never seen a mum look so smartly dressed at that stage of labour.

Our younger daughter had her baby on Thursday evening. Everything started quickly but fairly calmly & by the time I arrived to look after little granddaughter she was just about to have a bath. She came downstairs looking lovely - nice dress, hair tied up, some make up on & even wearing earrings; their plan was to have a coffee & wait until things progressed. The kettle hadn't boiled before they had to go, the hospital is 15 minutes away & their baby was born 20 minutes after they parked... The midwife told her that she'd never seen a mum look so smartly dressed at that stage of labour.
Congratulations!!

I really do like that colour and style, sadly not suitable.
As previously to lockdown I asked my mobile hairdresser to add in tones of ash/silver/grey to my golden blonde highlights.
It was a mistake it looked too cool not enough of the warmth of a golden tone.
Looking back now it was a good job it wasn’t done right before lockdown.
Just managing with hubby doing Herbal Essence semi permanent for the moment with him trimming the bob length and myself the fringe.

I really do like that colour and style, sadly not suitable.
As previously to lockdown I asked my mobile hairdresser to add in tones of ash/silver/grey to my golden blonde highlights.
It was a mistake it looked too cool not enough of the warmth of a golden tone.
Looking back now it was a good job it wasn’t done right before lockdown.
Just managing with hubby doing Herbal Essence semi permanent for the moment with him trimming the bob length and myself the fringe.
I'm very impressed that he can do that, I've had to stop my Mr T cutting the hedge, I dread to think what he'd do to my hair.

I’m one of the old foggies who have different clothes for different things.

Work clothes, smart trousers, smart shoes and smart top (did I say smart😇) used to wear suits but dont now.

Out out, only have about 2 decent outfits as we rarely go anywhere now.

Casual shopping, good cut jeans or cotton ankle grazers, top and jacket.

Walk , jeans and top

House, any leftover comfortable jeans and tops bought in sales

Gardening, anything that lets me bend over!

Holiday clothes , stuff you wouldn’t wear at home!,!

but even my lines are blurred now I only work part time as more time is spent at home or in the garden.
I was brought up change out of my clothes as soon as I got in and 70 years later I still do but I do realise I’m a dinosaur.🦕🦕🦕
I’m a dinosaur too ! As soon as I get home I change into my indoor clothes, remove any jewellery and put away shoes, jacket etc.

Many congratulations on the lovely baby news! 😄

Latest posts

Back