Debbie on WynneStyle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry don’t mean to be unkind but what on EARTH is Debbie wearing on the WynneStyle show. She looks like a sentry soldier standing guard in Red Square!
You're not being unkind, you're being honest. I'm unkind because my first thought was that her plan to emulate Alison Cork's weight loss hadn't worked, miaow...

I was think Swiss Guard but wrong colour!

Are those sort of streaks in Melissa‘s hair not about 20 years out of date. Still no shampoo?
She looks dead daft as well.

LoL I was thinking that when I saw her earlier today
1638218267848.png

If she had laid down in that black and off-white thing she would have been in danger of being mistaken for a zebra crossing... and as for the jacket Melissa was wearing, it looked so badly made and unflattering.
Yes I got a bit confused as Debbie was wearing what appeared to be a kitchen rug draped over each shoulder, Melissa was wearing a rather shapeless red shirt cum jacket with black trousers - was that the "sentry" look? I doubt whether the queen would allow her to guard the corgis dressed in that scruffy excuse for an outfit! Though both of their "looks" were outshone in their awfulness by the model near the end of the show who came out in a baggy saggy old cardi and a pair of trousers which were baggy saggy around the crotch area and wrinkled and tight around the legs. "Loungewear" they called it - They can call it what they like, but she looked like she'd raided the dirty laundry basket!

Yes I got a bit confused as Debbie was wearing what appeared to be a kitchen rug draped over each shoulder, Melissa was wearing a rather shapeless red shirt cum jacket with black trousers - was that the "sentry" look? I doubt whether the queen would allow her to guard the corgis dressed in that scruffy excuse for an outfit! Though both of their "looks" were outshone in their awfulness by the model near the end of the show who came out in a baggy saggy old cardi and a pair of trousers which were baggy saggy around the crotch area and wrinkled and tight around the legs. "Loungewear" they called it - They can call it what they like, but she looked like she'd raided the dirty laundry basket!
But your not talking about just any old fashion range your talking about the Marla Wynne fashion range.
That according to Melissa Hardie only she can bring this stunning clothing collection to QVC.
We are not worthy, Your Majesty. 🙇‍♀️

99.9% of MW’s “fashion” is oversized and swamps the person wearing it. I’d rather sling a blanket over my shoulders, pin it in place and waltz out in that. It would look the same and would cost nothing.

However, I’ll resist that idea because I prefer better fitting fashion.

If she had laid down in that black and off-white thing she would have been in danger of being mistaken for a zebra crossing... and as for the jacket Melissa was wearing, it looked so badly made and unflattering.
Not a nice looking jacket. Short and wide and very baggy at the back.

No wonder Melissa wears a lot of 'floaty' swampy kimono jackets, because that red monstrosity showed up her true body shape, and no woman in their right mind would want to look like she did.
I thought she had a good figure underneath her Marla fashions. I didn't look at her closely enough in the new red jacket but I could tell at a glance that the jacket was badly designed and did her no favours.

I thought she had a good figure underneath her Marla fashions. I didn't look at her closely enough in the new red jacket but I could tell at a glance that the jacket was badly designed and did her no favours.
I don't think it matters what your figure is like under a MW piece, you'll look swamped whatever the weather! ...apart from the trousers that will make your legs look a badly stuffed sausage!

When the brand came to Q originally, I thought it was more stylish and flattering than the horror show it is now. What on earth happened?
The real decline seems to have started from the first TSV, imo.
Then the addition of Wynne Layers accelerated the decline.
I really wonder how much involvement Marla actually has now. Does she still own the brand, even?

When the brand came to Q originally, I thought it was more stylish and flattering than the horror show it is now. What on earth happened?
I really wonder how much involvement Marla actually has now. Does she still own the brand, even?
It makes you wonder who owns the brands. I don't think Alison Corks does, neither Ruth Langsford. They probably only have a say in what goes for production and what doesn't. Ruth probably tweaks some style points she doesn't like. Mara Wynn has not been seen for years, in person or on video at QVC, although Melissa says that she speaks to her. Another one who puts her name on the brand must be Amanda Holden. She shows pics of 'her' bits of furniture in her home, but I bet she soon moves them out.

It does make you wonder - since you never see her, not even on a video link. I think if she had sold the brand, then it would be a bit disingenuous not to mention it (but that wouldn't be a first). Melissa is still "Marla this, Marla that". I think it's more probable that the great lady has become lazy and greedy from what she's learned about the Q customer and realises that with the right marketing, she can get away with producing flimsy and shoddy goods!

On the one hand I feel sorry for Debbie, she doesn’t demonstrate much ‘dress sense’. On the other hand she has free access to lots of clothes ranges and stylists, so by now she should have worked out or been advised on what suits her, on and off screen.

The same goes for Julia Roberts, who can look very nice but seems a bit hit and miss.

Latest posts

Back