Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No sign of erika on qurio I’ve just looked and she has bought and reviewed 128 items from Q since it began which is not a very long time and imagine most of it on easy pay the poor woman must have had her bank statement and be up to her neck in debt I really do hope she eases off Q for a while and sorts herself out her husband must be going mad I know mine would,I really do feel concerned for her as she has a young family.

No sign of erika on qurio I’ve just looked and she has bought and reviewed 128 items from Q since it began which is not a very long time and imagine most of it on easy pay the poor woman must have had her bank statement and be up to her neck in debt I really do hope she eases off Q for a while and sorts herself out her husband must be going mad I know mine would,I really do feel concerned for her as she has a young family.
Another example of a prolific member of the "community" disappearing because she's no longer spending!
Their motto should be "You're only my friend if you spend". I'll say it again Q - Fgs, give your members a private messaging facility.

Another example of a prolific member of the "community" disappearing because she's no longer spending!
Their motto should be "You're only my friend if you spend". I'll say it again Q - Fgs, give your members a private messaging facility.
I really think this lady needs help the other qurio ladies look like they have cash to spare and really nice homes but this lady has 3 young children not that Q would give a flying fig

I’m very suprised lola’s videos are still up,the comments are starting to appear,including mine basically telling them to wake up to Q and their easy pays.
😂 I have commented on lolas posts as well also mentioning how bad Q has got and about the annoying new presenter can’t see this app lasting long it was all lovey dovey to start with now a few are waking up and complaining and the regulars are disappearing

This is a very old fashioned thought. You have no idea of her financial status. Maybe your husband would go mad, but perhaps she earns her own money or her husband gives her money to spend on herself. I agree it’s a lot to spend in such a short space of time, but I don’t see QVC have anything to feel guilty about. We all spend our money in whichever way we want.

This is a very old fashioned thought. You have no idea of her financial status. Maybe your husband would go mad, but perhaps she earns her own money or her husband gives her money to spend on herself. I agree it’s a lot to spend in such a short space of time, but I don’t see QVC have anything to feel guilty about. We all spend our money in whichever way we want.
Think you are on your own there it’s just common sense

😂 I have commented on lolas posts as well also mentioning how bad Q has got and about the annoying new presenter can’t see this app lasting long it was all lovey dovey to start with now a few are waking up and complaining and the regulars are disappearing
Emperors new clothes until someone dares to speak the truth and then the sheep follow until its only the last dregs left.

Even if she has money to spend though, an addiction is an addiction and you end up buying things you neither want nor need. Then it escalates and you don't have the money but you still buy and then you don't even open the boxes when they arrive. I'm not saying this is the situation with this lady but it could be and there should be warnings perhaps or signposting to helplines as there is with drinking/gambling/eating/smoking etc. I honestly cannot see anyone's husband being delighted that their OH was a shopping addict and filling their home with unwanted items whilst emptying their bank account.

CC

Even if she has money to spend though, an addiction is an addiction and you end up buying things you neither want nor need. Then it escalates and you don't have the money but you still buy and then you don't even open the boxes when they arrive. I'm not saying this is the situation with this lady but it could be and there should be warnings perhaps or signposting to helplines as there is with drinking/gambling/eating/smoking etc. I honestly cannot see anyone's husband being delighted that their OH was a shopping addict and filling their home with unwanted items whilst emptying their bank account.

CC
Well put candy cane 👏

I did notice Erika wasn’t around . I would struggle to afford the amount she spends and consider myself ‘comfortable’ and have no dependants.Neither do I have a husband/partner who indulges me! She does appear to have a Mother in Law who she mentions frequently and did a ‘tour’ of her house showing items bought from QVC, so maybe she is following a pattern?If there is a problem then it is up to anybody to sort themselves out, or find the help to do so.Isn’t that what we all do?Of course the first step is accepting and recognising there is a problem as with all addictive behaviour.

Any family with an addictive member - be it in relation to drugs, alcohol, gambling or other (say shopping) - will tell you of the devastation that it can cause to every member of that family.
A supportive spouse would be concerned, surely? It's not a case of having control or giving permission to spend. This is a case of someone potentially racking up debts that could put the family's financial wellbeing in jeopardy... honestly, that would justify a family intervention, imo.

My grandma died when she was 42 and my Mum was just 13. She left 9 children and my Grandad. Whilst she was alive my Gran (who I obviously never knew) kept a tight reign on her husband`s spending. She knew he was a gambler and even though he owned 3 businesses she also knew to keep a close eye on the business finances. Every day he brought home the day`s takings and she dealt with it and the whole family thrived. They had a nice house and the 9 children had good food, nice clothes, good shoes, music lessons and were encouraged to do well for themselves. This was back in the early 1930`s.
When my Gran died my Grandad hit the road to ruin. My Mum had to leave school at just 13 and as the eldest girl she took over running the house and also worked part time in a weaving mill. My Grandad threw good money after bad and would gamble on anything and everything, mainly playing poker games or betting on horses. He also had lots of female hangers on who milked him for whatever they could get.
He lost 2 of his businesses, owed money everywhere and my Mum often struggled to feed and clothe herself and her siblings. She had 3 older brothers and several younger sisters plus another brother who was just 2 when my Gran died. As a very young lass my Mum faced life with an addicted gambler Father and she never knew a moments peace or security until she married my Dad in 1941.
She never knew where the money to pay the coal man or the grocery shop or the butcher etc would come from and her Dad was so addicted he left his children for hours and sometimes days on end whilst he was off chasing the so called next big win, a win which very rarely materialised and which he chased for the rest of his life.
My Grandad died in the early 1960`s, I was 11 and remember him well. He smelled of woodbines and brylcreme and wore cardigans full of cig burns and even as an old man he still owed money to various people. My Mum regularly had to settle his bill at the corner shop where he bought his fags and whatever he chose to eat and also his tab at the local pub where he played dominoes and drank pints of beer. She loved the very bones of him but his addiction robbed her of her education and her youth and she had to grow up very quickly and learned to dodge the tally man too.
Consequently my Mum had a hate of all kinds of gambling and in later years when one of her brothers, a married man with a family began following the same path as their Father, she took her role as surrogate Mother very seriously and verbally flayed him up hill and down dale and reminded him of how hard their childhood had been after their Mum died and to decide whether he wanted his children to suffer the same fate. Thankfully she got through to Uncle N and stopped the rot just in time.

I do! They're guilty of using their customers as puppets to promote their overpriced goods. Intentional or not, they're creating a sense of competition amongst its contributors. Regardless of marital or financial status, there's some pretty extreme and frankly bizarre shopping habits on show and many red flags for compulsive shopping addiction. They are guilty of dressing it up as a community when it's far from it. Many may know that I pointed this out in an email to them and suggested that they put a discreet warning & a link to an addiction helpline, and they told me my feedback would be passed on (To the bin no doubt). I've said it time and time again that a private messaging facility for members would help to create a bit more community. QVC are also guilty of ripping people off with their postal charges, of ignoring customer loyalty, sending out damaged and used goods - It's their choice I guess, but Cazza's right - it's common sense and Q are making the most out of people who don't seem to be blessed in that department!

I caught Del Boy on today, yes she did give better info on sizes etc but ye gods the hard sell, empty the basket, easy pay, buy 2 colours etc!

They kept cutting to the dressing room/backstage with the new one juggling but Glen didn’t consider it juggling as she was only using 2 balls/oranges. At that stage I turned off.

I caught Del Boy on today, yes she did give better info on sizes etc but ye gods the hard sell, empty the basket, easy pay, buy 2 colours etc!

They kept cutting to the dressing room/backstage with the new one juggling but Glen didn’t consider it juggling as she was only using 2 balls/oranges. At that stage I turned off.
Q try to promote family,friendship and love,but fail miserably when delboy is shouting check out your basket,buy 2 buy 3 get them all home on easy pays.
Really how do these people sleep at night,the answer is very easily because they have no concern about customers or how they sell the tat.
Desperate is the only word for delboy.

I wonder if DF is as pushy in real life as she is on QVC?

I can just imagine her asking someone round for coffee. Whereas most of us would say “would you like to pop round for coffee?, she would probably say “you WILL come round for coffee.” 😉

Latest posts

Back