Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruth L has set a trend, wearing a jacket which provides you with a means of fastening but becomes impossible because the body inside is bursting out all over.There is a Qurioite who is showing and enthusing over a jacket of which this her 3rd one which has no earthly hope of meeting never mind fastening.I don’t understand this, even if I wear something unfastened I at least like it to LOOK as though it could without me rapidly loosing 3 stone.

Ruth L has set a trend, wearing a jacket which provides you with a means of fastening but becomes impossible because the body inside is bursting out all over.There is a Qurioite who is showing and enthusing over a jacket of which this her 3rd one which has no earthly hope of meeting never mind fastening.I don’t understand this, even if I wear something unfastened I at least like it to LOOK as though it could without me rapidly loosing 3 stone.
Yes- if I tried on a jacket and I couldn’t do it up, even if I could just about do it up I’d consider it too small. She obviously finds it comfortable, as she’s bought 3. I thought it looked a bit snug around the arms. I couldn’t imagine going out in this cold weather wearing a T-shirt and a thin jacket that won’t do up! By the look of that jacket I very much doubt whether you could wear anything thicker than that underneath. On a positive note - I’m sure the green combo she showed us looks great

When I was small, when trying on coats, my mum made me hold my arms up to the side. Then check if enough room and fit was okay. I still do this standing in a shop, try on and lift arms up.

A friend buys coats and as she never does them up does not care if they are tight and will not close! So there must be others like that.

When I was small, when trying on coats, my mum made me hold my arms up to the side. Then check if enough room and fit was okay. I still do this standing in a shop, try on and lift arms up.

A friend buys coats and as she never does them up does not care if they are tight and will not close! So there must be others like that.
My mum did that too, I also remember her checking the hems of things to see whether they was any leeway to lengthen them just in case I had a growth spurt. Funnily enough I was showing someone a photo of myself as a child just the other day and I giggled where I could see the crease in the fabric where the dress I was wearing had been taken down!
Oh definitely, each to their own I guess. However much I like the look of a garment, if my size isn't available, I'll wait until it is, or I'll go without - I need to feel comfortable in my clothes. Q actively encourage this, lets face it most of their ranges come in sizes S, M, L etc and are very heavy on the poly/elastin...just buy a smaller size if the one you want's out of stock - no risk 'cause you can always return it blah blah!

Lola’s back waxing lyrical about using Molton Brown showergel on her hair so not probably a recent purchase from Q? We need evidence that she has ‘kissed and made up’ & by the way is Hollydolly a centipede judging by the amount of nail polish she buys?

Lola’s back waxing lyrical about using Molton Brown showergel on her hair so not probably a recent purchase from Q? We need evidence that she has ‘kissed and made up’ & by the way is Hollydolly a centipede judging by the amount of nail polish she buys?
I've just checked that out myself and yes it's something she bought a while back. Come on girl, just be honest! "Hi everybody, I've just popped on to show you how gorgeous I look today, oh and to tell you I've got tickets to see the snooker masters in London and I'm staying in a hotel - See ya"
As for the nail varnish, I think this is a catch up review on a set she's already reviewed but she forgot to tell us it came with a bottle of nail envy - but yes, she does seem to have rather a lot of the stuff!

I've mentioned it before, but the torch fanatics on my forum make the Qurio ladies look like misers.

People are constantly posting pics of their latest purchases. This person couldn't even wait to receive it, so posted a pic of his order!

It is only a pen-sized torch, and with the £4-95 PP it is almost £200.

Screenshot (1085).png

I've just checked that out myself and yes it's something she bought a while back. Come on girl, just be honest! "Hi everybody, I've just popped on to show you how gorgeous I look today, oh and to tell you I've got tickets to see the snooker masters in London and I'm staying in a hotel - See ya"
As for the nail varnish, I think this is a catch up review on a set she's already reviewed but she forgot to tell us it came with a bottle of nail envy - but yes, she does seem to have rather a lot of the stuff!
Holly dolly just reviewed dr nassif set £62 Christmas every day for her 😂

My grandma died when she was 42 and my Mum was just 13. She left 9 children and my Grandad. Whilst she was alive my Gran (who I obviously never knew) kept a tight reign on her husband`s spending. She knew he was a gambler and even though he owned 3 businesses she also knew to keep a close eye on the business finances. Every day he brought home the day`s takings and she dealt with it and the whole family thrived. They had a nice house and the 9 children had good food, nice clothes, good shoes, music lessons and were encouraged to do well for themselves. This was back in the early 1930`s.
When my Gran died my Grandad hit the road to ruin. My Mum had to leave school at just 13 and as the eldest girl she took over running the house and also worked part time in a weaving mill. My Grandad threw good money after bad and would gamble on anything and everything, mainly playing poker games or betting on horses. He also had lots of female hangers on who milked him for whatever they could get.
He lost 2 of his businesses, owed money everywhere and my Mum often struggled to feed and clothe herself and her siblings. She had 3 older brothers and several younger sisters plus another brother who was just 2 when my Gran died. As a very young lass my Mum faced life with an addicted gambler Father and she never knew a moments peace or security until she married my Dad in 1941.
She never knew where the money to pay the coal man or the grocery shop or the butcher etc would come from and her Dad was so addicted he left his children for hours and sometimes days on end whilst he was off chasing the so called next big win, a win which very rarely materialised and which he chased for the rest of his life.
My Grandad died in the early 1960`s, I was 11 and remember him well. He smelled of woodbines and brylcreme and wore cardigans full of cig burns and even as an old man he still owed money to various people. My Mum regularly had to settle his bill at the corner shop where he bought his fags and whatever he chose to eat and also his tab at the local pub where he played dominoes and drank pints of beer. She loved the very bones of him but his addiction robbed her of her education and her youth and she had to grow up very quickly and learned to dodge the tally man too.
Consequently my Mum had a hate of all kinds of gambling and in later years when one of her brothers, a married man with a family began following the same path as their Father, she took her role as surrogate Mother very seriously and verbally flayed him up hill and down dale and reminded him of how hard their childhood had been after their Mum died and to decide whether he wanted his children to suffer the same fate. Thankfully she got through to Uncle N and stopped the rot just in time.
Your Mom sounds ace.

Your Mom sounds ace.
Yes she was. Had a hard life, suffered fools badly, a strict no nonsense lady and never had an ounce of self pity even when ill health struck her 50`s and she passed away far too soon at the age of 67.
She loved her Dad dearly but the one thing she never forgave him for, was when he sold her piano to help pay off a gambling debt. When her Mum was alive she paid for my Mum to have piano lessons but all that stopped after her Mum passed away.
She never got the opportunity to carry on with her lessons but after she married my Dad in 1941 and when they moved out of lodgings and they got their own house after the war ended, one of the first things they bought was an old piano.

Latest posts

Back