Adina Vs. Jeff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthy

Registered Shopper
Where to start-I wish to add my voice to the forum with regard to the utterly impossible Adina on Gemporia. For a long time I’ve tried to ignore the constant hair fiddling, the “genuinely most beautiful thing I have ever seen“ statements and tried to get over the fact that many customers have gone without due to her constant I Have To Have It , greedy attitude to the products, as the latest runner rushes to secure her order before Joe Public gets a look in. The “pouting” is a laugh a minute.
I do like Jeff, but have to switch off fairly swiftly as I tire very quickly of “here we are today”-just count the amount of times in a five minute period that he says this.
Sorry if this seems picky, but I’m switching off much more frequently when I see these presenters scheduled

Adina absolutely infuriates me, I end up switching off the channel as I cannot listen to her for long. She constantly breaks off her sentences midstream and rarely finishes what she started saying. With that, and the constant raving about how every gem is the best gem she's ever seen "for sure", it makes viewing very difficult. She seems to be on autopilot ands waffles so much that none of it rings true. Like others, I am getting bored of the insincerity and the tactics being used.

Adina absolutely infuriates me, I end up switching off the channel as I cannot listen to her for long. She constantly breaks off her sentences midstream and rarely finishes what she started saying. With that, and the constant raving about how every gem is the best gem she's ever seen "for sure", it makes viewing very difficult. She seems to be on autopilot ands waffles so much that none of it rings true. Like others, I am getting bored of the insincerity and the tactics being used.
She annoyed me when she used to call it Gems TV. It was changed to Gemporia years ago but she still called it Gems TV. I am surprised she wasnt pulled up for it.

I dont watch much now - what has happened to Ruth Linnett. She was the only one I could watch for any length of time.

She's deadly dull.

I do like Jeff, but I find his constant repetition of "here we are today" quite amazing. Does he notice that he is doing it? Hasn't anyone tell him that he is doing it? It's so bizarre! If we made it into a drinking game, we would be three sheets to the wind fairly quickly. When I first told my sister about it, she thought I was exaggerating.... Until she watched the show herself.
I seldom watch Adina, so I don't know much about her. My mother thinks her tops are not decent enough, though.
I think Ruth Linnett is working at Gemporia Lifestyle and Jewellery Maker.

Where to start-I wish to add my voice to the forum with regard to the utterly impossible Adina on Gemporia. For a long time I’ve tried to ignore the constant hair fiddling, the “genuinely most beautiful thing I have ever seen“ statements and tried to get over the fact that many customers have gone without due to her constant I Have To Have It , greedy attitude to the products, as the latest runner rushes to secure her order before Joe Public gets a look in. The “pouting” is a laugh a minute.
I do like Jeff, but have to switch off fairly swiftly as I tire very quickly of “here we are today”-just count the amount of times in a five minute period that he says this.
Sorry if this seems picky, but I’m switching off much more frequently when I see these presenters scheduled
Oh Ruthy, how funny! I don’t mind Jeff, but do laugh at how often he says ‘And here we are today’ 🤣 I can watch Adina in small doses but eventually the hair fiddling head scratching, nose rubbing and ‘I’ve bought one of everything’ gets too much. Lindsay ‘busy busy busy’ Carr is really irritating and I can’t watch Jess Foley at all. I think I watch just so that I can shout abuse at the Telly. I blame the Pandemic. 🤣

I think I am the same,.Kit10. I watch Gemporia just to complain about them! Why can't you watch Jess Foley? Funny thing, I can't either. I used to enjoy watching much more than I do. I watched for less than 5 minutes this morning and I doubt I will be watching again. I think it's the insincerity of it all. I know they are there to sell, but they have been taking their hard sell to an unbearable new level lately. And they all say the same things over and over again: very rare, cannot bring you these prices moving forward, legacy, investment in your portfolio and the "pound to the penny" new mantra

I do like Jeff, but I find his constant repetition of "here we are today" quite amazing. Does he notice that he is doing it? Hasn't anyone tell him that he is doing it? It's so bizarre! If we made it into a drinking game, we would be three sheets to the wind fairly quickly. When I first told my sister about it, she thought I was exaggerating.... Until she watched the show herself.
I seldom watch Adina, so I don't know much about her. My mother thinks her tops are not decent enough, though.
I think Ruth Linnett is working at Gemporia Lifestyle and Jewellery Maker.
Hi there- loved your drinking game idea🤣-I think I’d last about 15 mins max! I did message the show one night to mention his repetition-needless to say that message never made it to air🤔-Perhaps I’m just getting too grumpy-best wishes

I lke Jeff for his generally calm manner but agree he repeats his little mantra way too often. Hattie drives me insane with "here today", her mantra. I wish the presenters would be forced to listen to themselves on a loop for 4 hours, the average show length, so they could hear how annoying it is for the viewers hearing the same garbage (time filler) phrases used repeatedly. The drinking game would have me under the table pretty quickly too lol x

Yes, Jeff does repeat himself a lot, but I still like him and he’s one of the few on Gemporia that doesn’t annoy the hell out of me.
The absolute worst for me is Jess Foley. She just irritates me. And those stupid pretend conversations she has with somebody out of shot of the camera is just so weird because all she seems to say is ‘yeah, yeah, yeah’ but never tells the viewers what she’s supposedly talking about.

Well! Our princess on top form again tonight-besides the usual hair clawing, nose and neck scratching, coughing, facial scrunching, disjointed speech and breathy giggling and guffaws, we were treated to an on-air forage down the front of the dress to retrieve a lost microphone!! I also noticed the ’Gems TV’ referencing too 😯

She annoyed me when she used to call it Gems TV. It was changed to Gemporia years ago but she still called it Gems TV. I am surprised she wasnt pulled up for it.

I dont watch much now - what has happened to Ruth Linnett. She was the only one I could watch for any length of time.
It is still called Gems TV on TV guides, well on Sky and Freeview it is.

Ruth is now on Gemporia Lifestyle and Jewellery Maker.

I must confess that I have a problem with Angeline Davies. I feel that she is way too full of herself and too eager to show how important she is. For months, she couldn't go 5 minutes without saying that she was one of the chosen ones to go to Tucson. She reminds me a great deal of a former boss of mine. Perhaps that's the problem!

Jess Foley oozes insincerity. The bad acting was funny to start with, but then I started noticing little things that annoyed me. Like calling buyers "connoisseurs": yeah, Beryl from Accrington can count herself the same as a buyer of Liz Taylor or the Duchess of Windsor's jewellery for successfully buying a £50 coated topaz in thin silver foil ring off the telly.

The other thing that put me off her is when someone's obviously said something in her ear as a product's sale ends, and it's probably derogatory because Jess drops the acting and gives what I can only describe as a massive crap eating grin straight down the camera.

It is obvious from many of the messages that get read out on screen, or are left on presenters' social media accounts that some lonely viewers almost feel like they're friends. So it's not all that nice to think that many people watching are being encouraged to feel like that by Gemporia to make it easier to fleece them.

Adina v Jeff?

Both annoying but I do like Jeff

When I tuned in yesterday at 10.30pm, Adina and Jainey in a green hat because St. Patrick’s Day is coming. All Adina’s make up was about rubbed off as usual and they were both ‘very excited’ by a candle and a white jade horseshoe that you can buy a chain for, or buy two sets and you can make a pair of earrings out of them

Then on comes buoyant Jim and he was ‘really excited’ too. In fact, he was ‘super excited’ for some reason. I went to bed 😁

Yes, one of the testimonials that they regularly show is that of a lady confessing that Gemporia helps with her loneliness... I think that many people do watch because they feel lonely and end up developing a social connection with the presenters. For instance, if you watch Gem Collector you will see how often viewers send the presenters gifts and care packs. Certainly they see them as more than salespeople.

Adina v Jeff?

Both annoying but I do like Jeff

When I tuned in yesterday at 10.30pm, Adina and Jainey in a green hat because St. Patrick’s Day is coming. All Adina’s make up was about rubbed off as usual and they were both ‘very excited’ by a candle and a white jade horseshoe that you can buy a chain for, or buy two sets and you can make a pair of earrings out of them

Then on comes buoyant Jim and he was ‘really excited’ too. In fact, he was ‘super excited’ for some reason. I went to bed 😁

Latest posts

Back