Adina Vs. Jeff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s Lindsay ‘Busy, busy, busy’ Carr I am concerned for. She is so excited, for hours at a time, I just know she is going to have a heart attack. Then just to frighten me even further, she drops her delivery to hushed, reverent tones. Usually before we are treated to a piece of malachite that I could snap up at Van Cleef & Arpels for £30k.

Yes, one of the testimonials that they regularly show is that of a lady confessing that Gemporia helps with her loneliness... I think that many people do watch because they feel lonely and end up developing a social connection with the presenters. For instance, if you watch Gem Collector you will see how often viewers send the presenters gifts and care packs. Certainly they see them as more than salespeople.

You are right, Kit10, about all the overexcitement. I don't know how they keep it up for 4 hours each! When I was 10, a teacher of me told me that I sounded too overexcited and that I needed to change that because no one liked someone like that. Clearly he was wrong because if Gemporia uses it as a sales tactic it must mean that enough people like overexcited people speaking frantically for hours! When I watch them for more than ten minutes, I feel tired on their behalf. I don't think that even my 10 year old self could compete with some of these super excited presenters

Oh Lindsey Carr was just moments ago trying be to see a robin decorated trinket jar and started talking about how robins remind her of her dead grandmother. The whole affair made me feel very uncomfortable and I turned the TV off.... What do you feel about it?

Love Jeff and I loved Alex too - before she decamped to QVC. I have my own theories about Adina's twitches and nose-rubs, but probably best I keep those to myself. They had a new girl on this morning. Red-headed lass. MASSIVELY loud and energetic which is okay - but not at 6am in the morning when I have just gotten up. It felt like someone was shouting at me - I'm a fragile little flower at that hour!

I saw her too - usually have Jeff or Drew on as background noise in the mornings, but she was much to lively for me. I need to ease into my day a bit more sedately 🤣

I absolutely agree. I had seen her before at Gemporia Lifestyle around 1am when I was getting ready for bed and even then I thought she was too loud. I am sure she is a delightful young lady, but I like calmer presentations late at night and early in the morning. I think Derek is great, for instance. By the way, it has been ages since I have last seen Drew. Do I keep missing him or has he been missing from our screens?

I only started watching Gemporia in November and I don't recall seeing Victoria Norris so she must have disappeared from the screen before my time. Drew seemed to be on several times a week and now nothing. Very strange. Did he jump ship?
My mother is a great fan of Rod Jinks but I have never seen him on air either. Does anyone know why?

I absolutely agree. I had seen her before at Gemporia Lifestyle around 1am when I was getting ready for bed and even then I thought she was too loud. I am sure she is a delightful young lady, but I like calmer presentations late at night and early in the morning. I think Derek is great, for instance. By the way, it has been ages since I have last seen Drew. Do I keep missing him or has he been missing from our screens?
I saw Drew not so long ago, so he’s still around. Like Derek too, remember him when he was on TJC, before he wenoff to do the Cruises.

I tend to prefer presenters that offer calmer presentations and without too much hard sell, like Derek does. If there is something that antagonizes me, it's shrill voices and hard selling techniques! Am I wrong or is Derek just a replacement for when none of the permanent presenters is available?

I tend to prefer presenters that offer calmer presentations and without too much hard sell, like Derek does. If there is something that antagonizes me, it's shrill voices and hard selling techniques! Am I wrong or is Derek just a replacement for when none of the permanent presenters is available?
Yes, he covers holiday etc. i think he still does the Cruise channels, I remember him leaving TJC to join them. I agree, I really don’t like to be shouted at to part with my money, if it happened in a shop, we’d just walk out….

I think the new girl is called Claire. I have seen her late at night on Lifestyle, while they eased her into being a presenter. Far too OTT for me, overly excited about everything and it just smacks insincerity. I know they are paid to sell, I totally get that but nobody can be that frenzied up about every single item. I remember thing Jeez Louise when she said "coming next, we have a TOOOPAZ!" I have not watched her again since. It's not personal and I am sure she is sweet but I dislike the style of presenting.

Jess Foley is rabbiting away in the background as I type, talking a crock of shite about pearls being in decline and crappy diamonds set in silver, yeah, realy top quality, not!. I will check out in a minute, se gives me the irrits.

Well! A new launch tonight with the usual gasping and gushing. Plentiful “wow’s “ “genuinely“ and “bonkers”. Predictably pounced on an alleged limited piece as it was selling out-“Get me one before it sells out, Mel”
Unfortunately encouraged on by the intrepid gem explorer, creating a tiresome mutual appreciation society.

Now we have Jess Foley trotting out the ‘breaking news’ of the Nilamani saga between Sagyan and Dave Troth! We’ve all seen this months ago-indeed the buyback scenario happened in October I think.

The last time I tuned in they were selling Aquaphrase- a design by Angeline if I am not mistaken. I have seen it 3 or 4 times already so it's beginning to remind me of groundhog day. Also, now it seems obligatory to show sometimes back to back the same footage from Tucson to emphasize the worth of the stone, so there it was a footage from Angeline from a few weeks ago. I found it dull the first time and it's not improving with the repetition. I also find it surprising that a stone supposedly as important as Aquaphrase is then set on brass for a Destello's scarf ring.
I find the whole "breaking news" complete with the serious faces and dramatic performances a tad absurd. And when, as you said, Ruthy, the breaking news have broken long ago, a nuisance! Do you think that they are taking themselves too seriously? Someone who saw their serious faces when talking about availability of stones would be forgiven for thinking they were talking about World War 3!

The last time I tuned in they were selling Aquaphrase- a design by Angeline if I am not mistaken. I have seen it 3 or 4 times already so it's beginning to remind me of groundhog day. Also, now it seems obligatory to show sometimes back to back the same footage from Tucson to emphasize the worth of the stone, so there it was a footage from Angeline from a few weeks ago. I found it dull the first time and it's not improving with the repetition. I also find it surprising that a stone supposedly as important as Aquaphrase is then set on brass for a Destello's scarf ring.
I find the whole "breaking news" complete with the serious faces and dramatic performances a tad absurd. And when, as you said, Ruthy, the breaking news have broken long ago, a nuisance! Do you think that they are taking themselves too seriously? Someone who saw their serious faces when talking about availability of stones would be forgiven for thinking they were talking about World War 3!
Hi Deasmum-yes- I wonder how much longer they are going to trot out the Tucson clips-everyone has been home for weeks! Interesting on the first few watches, but now getting tired. Doesn’t stop Adina droning on about her own trip years ago, name dropping and telling us all about her ‘very good friends’. I think she was a bit jealous. I think I’m just as sad though-I keep watching🤣

Latest posts

Back