Adina Vs. Jeff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, Ruthy, if you are missing hearing about the Nilamani saga, you can tune into Gemporia now.... It's another Nilamani showcase, complete with footage from years ago in Nepal! Didn't I say they are beginning to resemble groundhog Day?

I can't believe it! Tuned in for a moment only and there they are.... Selling Nilamani again! And it's always "last of stock" Clearly, the stock is not flying out of the door as they say. It's barricading itself behind the door and refusing to come out.

Ok, this is getting silly! I decided to switch to Gemporia at about 10.30pm and Jess Foley was selling Nilamani again! I find this stone fascinating. Am I mistaken or they were expecting it to be a great success at Tucson and used that expectation to sell more of it a few months before the event? They have not mentioned it either during and after the event so I am guessing it was not the success they had foreseen. Still, they are persistent and they seem adamant that what all of us need is a Nilamani, ergo the constant shows selling it.

Another presentation of Adina’s nonsense- greedily grabbing not one, but two of a low stock jadeite, following a garbled, staccato tale of how we couldn’t miss out and then has the cheek to say use the wish list!! Plethora of unfinished sentences, inaccuracies and guffaws to the gallery. Usual complement of Tucson references and “when I was there two years ago”. Now saying “Hatton Garden” with the same regularity.-Such a pretentious bore

I just find Jess Foley really false. Too much over the top acting, too much shock at the prices. She’s a real switch off for me!
I haven't watched her in ages but caught her yesterday, stunned into that ludicrous open mouthed silence that she employs, by a price which she kept quoting as the first payment price. At no point did she say 'and you can get it home for' (which is a nasty little obfuscation in itself IMO) she simply kept saying things like 'I can't believe that this ring is only XXX when it flipping well wasn't, it was XXXXX! It was blatant mis-selling.

Y
Love Jeff and I loved Alex too - before she decamped to QVC. I have my own theories about Adina's twitches and nose-rubs, but probably best I keep those to myself. They had a new girl on this morning. Red-headed lass. MASSIVELY loud and energetic which is okay - but not at 6am in the morning when I have just gotten up. It felt like someone was shouting at me - I'm a fragile little flower at that hour!
That will be Claire! Far too loud and over the top gurning and shouting at the camera, needs turning off. Pronto

I’ve only seen her once, and that was enough!!!
Yeah, she seems like a nice person, but the only female presenters I could watch late at night would be Ruth and Ellis. All the others are way too loud and theatrical.

I actually found a YouTube video once of presenters auctioning for the channel. They were looking for someone who could 'sell to your mum' if I remember correctly. If I wanted to convince my mum to buy jewellery, I wouldn't use that approach. Honestly, most pieces sell themselves if they're pretty and I'll buy regardless of who is presenting, but some presenters are unwatchable for any length of time. It's simply not possible for someone to exist authentically in a state of shocked, giddy excitement for hours on end, so it's really annoying to watch.

Tuned in this morning, expecting Jeff or Derek - but, no, it was Claire. Giggling at her own jokes in every sentence, calling everyone "her lovely" and just over the top. Way, way too much for me at 5am. Turned straight off. I feel mean, because I am sure she is a lovely girl in real life, but I do wish she would turn the "fake" down on her presenting style a bit...

Tuned in this morning, expecting Jeff or Derek - but, no, it was Claire. Giggling at her own jokes in every sentence, calling everyone "her lovely" and just over the top. Way, way too much for me at 5am. Turned straight off. I feel mean, because I am sure she is a lovely girl in real life, but I do wish she would turn the "fake" down on her presenting style a bit...
Way to boisterous for me, certainly this early!

Where to start-I wish to add my voice to the forum with regard to the utterly impossible Adina on Gemporia. For a long time I’ve tried to ignore the constant hair fiddling, the “genuinely most beautiful thing I have ever seen“ statements and tried to get over the fact that many customers have gone without due to her constant I Have To Have It , greedy attitude to the products, as the latest runner rushes to secure her order before Joe Public gets a look in. The “pouting” is a laugh a minute.
I do like Jeff, but have to switch off fairly swiftly as I tire very quickly of “here we are today”-just count the amount of times in a five minute period that he says t
Sorry if this seems picky, but I’m switching off much more frequently when I see these presenters scheduledI'm new to Gens the past two years (since lockdown)...but thank goiit's bit jusy
Where to start-I wish to add my voice to the forum with regard to the utterly impossible Adina on Gemporia. For a long time I’ve tried to ignore the constant hair fiddling, the “genuinely most beautiful thing I have ever seen“ statements and tried to get over the fact that many customers have gone without due to her constant I Have To Have It , greedy attitude to the products, as the latest runner rushes to secure her order before Joe Public gets a look in. The “pouting” is a laugh a minute.
I do like Jeff, but have to switch off fairly swiftly as I tire very quickly of “here we are today”-just count the amount of times in a five minute period that he says this.
Sorry if this seems picky, but I’m switching off much more frequently when I see these presenters scheduled
I do like Jeff, but have to switch off fairly swiftly as I tire very quickly of “here we are today”-just count the amount of times in a five minute period that he says this.
Sorry if this seems picky, but I’m switching off much more frequently when I see these presenters scheduled
I’m new to Gems about two years, since lockdown. It was all new to me, I got fed up with the news and afternoon films. I bought a few pieces but very quickly got to know who was really annoying, and Adina was one. Off the shoulder, on the shoulder, fiddle with bra strap, flick the hair, put it behind the ear, pout, look to the gallery, oh and did I mention my recent holiday to Antigua/Thailand…zzzzzz

She annoyed me when she used to call it Gems TV. It was changed to Gemporia years ago but she still called it Gems TV. I am surprised she wasnt pulled up for it.

I dont watch much now - what has happened to Ruth Linnett. She was the only one I could watch for any length of time.
Ruth is on and off Lifestyle but has cut back her hours.

Love Jeff and I loved Alex too - before she decamped to QVC. I have my own theories about Adina's twitches and nose-rubs, but probably best I keep those to myself. They had a new girl on this morning. Red-headed lass. MASSIVELY loud and energetic which is okay - but not at 6am in the morning when I have just gotten up. It felt like someone was shouting at me - I'm a fragile little flower at that hour!
That would be Claire Cummins, screeching like a blooming fishwife and gurning at the camera. I switched off!!! And always switch off when she appears on screen. Truly dreadful

I can't believe it! Tuned in for a moment only and there they are.... Selling Nilamani again! And it's always "last of stock" Clearly, the stock is not flying out of the door as they say. It's barricading itself behind the door and refusing to come out.
Lol but it’s so valuable we have set it in silver! Horrid

Latest posts

Back