It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Book of Shopping Television Presenters Tricks of the Trade…

1) THE PRICE IS WRONG!!! A key tool in the streetwise shopping television presenter‘s armoury to stir up immediate interest in the item being sold.

2)…..

Do feel free to continue…
What's so PATHETIC about this particular deception is, when the price IS actually wrong and lower than it's supposed to be, they very quickly go all serious and say 'give us a second while we change the details on screen ...' The details disappear, reappear x secs later with the correct price.

Their deceptions and cons are as transparent as a freshly cleaned window.

What's so PATHETIC about this particular deception is, when the price IS actually wrong and lower than it's supposed to be, they very quickly go all serious and say 'give us a second while we change the details on screen ...' The details disappear, reappear x secs later with the correct price.

Their deceptions and cons are as transparent as a freshly cleaned window.
Great point. Exactly that same thing happened last night on some plastic phone charger kit. Mason, this time in genuine horror, said “NOW THAT‘S NOT RIGHT..WE NEED TO CHANGE THAT NOW.” Not the usual ask it several times in faux shock routine. Somehow, they’d priced the charger at £1.79 and not the £17.99 it was meant to be sold at. “I’D BUY A LOAD MESELF AND SELL ‘EM ON FOR THAT,” he said afterwards…

We move on to Blodwyn and a Doctor Who Ice Warrior mask in blue. Rather fetching on her..

Caught a few moments of Genevieve and Carys on a Beauty (?) show. Creme Du Loch at the same prices as on TJC and TJC’s own brand Beautech Straighteners which they didn’t have charged. It’s still Car Crash TV, isn’t it? How hard would it have been to charge the straighteners and demonstrate them? And the box was absolutely knackered-not a great look if you want your audience to purchase. It is excruciating, what on earth are the TJC Management thinking?

I thing Reg V. needs to re-record the ‘Home Essentials’ part of that promo. Listen to yourself and see if you hear what I hear?

He says it twice, first time he pronouces in such a way it so it sounds like something else, second time he says it clearly as it should be 'Home Essentials', almost like it was done deliberately. :unsure:

Did they work out you couldn't see the top of the logo when they stuck the presenter right in front of it?

PXL_20231008_161023031.jpg

The prep is abysmal. Products clearly not checked for either battery life or if they are just WORKING in general. And why can they not cook anything in a plugged in air fryer? I genuinely don’t get it? It’s like demonstrating a TV switched off. Last night‘s behind the scenes chaos was so extreme, it even made Mason look a fool. And that isn’t easy, usually.

The prep is abysmal. Products clearly not checked for either battery life or if they are just WORKING in general. And why can they not cook anything in a plugged in air fryer? I genuinely don’t get it? It’s like demonstrating a TV switched off. Last night‘s behind the scenes chaos was so extreme, it even made Mason look a fool. And that isn’t easy, usually.
wished I had seen that!

Attachments

• IdealHell1.jpg
    IdealHell1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IdealHell2.jpg
    IdealHell2.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 30
I don't know what it is exactly about it but I simply cannot stand it. I suppose part of it is I can't stand The Jewellery Channel either with their outrageous and theatrical price starts. It all seems so cynically manipulative to me. Still, those poor old dears they feature from the local whist drive on the promo seen to be in love with it.
Re. TJC @The Duke of Cheese I know it's the TV shopping aspects of the channel and others you're critiquing, and I agree, but the TJC.co.uk site itself and the stuff they sell is nothing like, or indeed much more than the TV jewellery and odd other beauty and odd products televised.

The testimonials from the ladies on the sofa seem to also be about the good value and wide range of homewares and other items, not just jewellery/beauty stuff available on the site at decent prices with discount codes and megaday free p&p days. As a fan I've bought useful home items for under £5 or £10 and cheaper big ticket items cheaper than elsewhere.

Just saying. The TJC co.uk site has the jewellery too, but none of the false price drop rubbish and clearance and bargain auction areas where you can get cheap items for Xmas, smellies, lights, toys, cheap watches, pendants, brooches and home stuff like seats cushions and covers, etc.

I think the TJC TV shopping channel gives a bit of a false impression or does a bit of a disservice to their overall offering and quality customer service/returns offer.

P.S. the same dashcam on IW3 at £19.99 + p&p was 20% off (£16) and free p&p for a day on TJC website, if you knew how/when!

Latest posts

Back