It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Forum was mentioned on The Jewellery Channel late last night around midnight by two of the presenters. One said words to the effect that she didn’t read it to avoid seeing something she’d dwell on for weeks, and the Canadian bloke said it was water off a duck’s back to him. They both agreed it was the new Ideal World venture ( they didn’t actually name it) that was getting most of the ‘stick’ at present. You wonder why that would be when a shopping channel is launched with plastic canes and cheap batteries as key and reoccurring launch products..

Shopping Television Presenters Tricks of the Trade.. No.2 ”WE ONLY HAVE SINGLE FIGURES LEFT!!
That old chestnut- Well, only of any use if we know what amount they started out with. 1000? Absolutely. Tell it to the viewers. But also, was that 1000 six months ago, or 1000 at the beginning of the current presentation?

Clearly, it is a scaremongering tactic used to encourage wavering viewers to buy. But essentially, it is a duplicitous one, if it isn’t made clear how many they had in the first place-particularly, if they only ever had single figures in the first place.

Often used version 27 of Ideal World. And particularly when showing higher value watches. What you did notice was the same single figures coriander piece this week was exactly the same parsley one from last week and the week before… The single figures never appeared to run out…
I always find myself trying to work out what number it was devisable by, For example when they say "80% of the stock has gone" I assume they only had 5 in the first place

Posible scenario
Breaking news
staff and presenters go on strike refusing to work until they get a garentee they won’t have to sell another walking stick EVER.

On screen
lonely presenter has just claimed it’s because they are having problems with a wellbeing package they were going to present
do we believe her

I think their parent channel is also down. Maybe a problem with two identical well-being packages there? Carry On Ideal World the film would be less amusing and less far-fetched than the reality..

You couldn’t make it up…Back to the hand-wringing woman on a 1975 chair from Times Furnishing, by a wall, oleaginously apologising. Ironic their whole system goes tits-up on a wellbeing show. I think they need those particular products more than we do.

Forum was mentioned on The Jewellery Channel late last night around midnight by two of the presenters. One said words to the effect that she didn’t read it to avoid seeing something she’d dwell on for weeks, and the Canadian bloke said it was water off a duck’s back to him. They both agreed it was the new Ideal World venture ( they didn’t actually name it) that was getting most of the ‘stick’ at present. You wonder why that would be when a shopping channel is launched with plastic canes and cheap batteries as key and reoccurring launch products..
Always amazes me in this type of scenario that people can say what they want over and over with no thought given as long as they get a sale, then when they start to get picked up on it they never look at themselevs first, its never them a fault they are whiter than white and then turn it round to all the bad people questioning the approach they take for a sale.

I think their parent channel is also down. Maybe a problem with two identical well-being packages there? Carry On Ideal World the film would be less amusing and less far-fetched than the reality..
Sally Jacks as Barbara Windsor, Mike Mason as Sid James and Peter Simon as Kenneth Williams and Frankie Howerd. I don't think Reg Varney was ever in a Carry On film but he might pop up as a guest. Denn can be Hattie Jaciques

Latest posts

Back