Mike Mason, lies, lies and more lies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suppose it's time I made a comment seeing as this
thread has continued for a while.
I just wanted to point out that Mikes FB page/group
was not started by his partner at all. It was started by a fan
who had nothing to do with Mike or his partner.
I take offence to anyone that says Mikes partner had a huge ego
anyone who knows her, as I do, knows she spends most of her time
bring a mum & looking after rescue animals on her farm. Mike certainly
had no ego hence not being on ANY social networking site.
I haven't posted on here for a while but this thread is
becoming ridiculous. You are making comments about people
you don't know.

It was maybe started by a fan but it clearly states it is run by his partner & the other guy (fan).

The page is run by two people: Mike's "lovely lady/goddess" Medina (MJ), and Ryan who has been a long term fan of Mike's work for the last 9 or so years. As admin's, we would thought it would be useful to mention the following things

The rude comments made on the FB page about this site was made by his partner as they were signed MJ. There was simply no need for what she said about this site as many people on here actually do like Mike.

Last edited:
you don't know.

I suspect 'Goddess' just dosen't like this website (and indeed insulted everybody on it, direct quote below) as I imagine the vast majority of the many complaints made to, and upheld by, the ASA come from shoppingtelly.com members (there's been ELEVEN upheld just this year, and NONE not upheld plus EIGHT informally resolved complaints. I would politely remind them that upheld complaints occur when a Sit Up presenter misleads the customers. For comparison in the same period QVC UK (which is a far, far bigger retailer) didn't have a single complaint investigated by the ASA. Not one.

But with the greatest of respect there does indeed seem to be some monumental egos on display which is fine by me and should never be censored, misplaced egos are hilarious!

Here are MJ's (Goddess') lovely, modest and not in the least bit egotistical comments, word for word about people she dosen't know either:-

Hi all, sorry I haven't decided the competition question yet but I will soon, been rather busy. I just wanted to say that it has come to my attention that some people on here may also be on the truly awful 'shopping telly' site. I would like to respectfully ask you to please not copy videos or photo's from this page and post them on that site. Mike truly doesn't give a monkeys what people think about him but in my opinion most of the comments on there are inaccurate and just plain rude. Please don't give those sad people ammunition. Thanks all. MJ :)

But unlike on their own fanpage you are free to draw your own conclusions on here, and comment accordingly.

Last edited:
It was maybe started by a fan but it clearly states it is run by his partner & the other guy (fan).

The page is run by two people: Mike's "lovely lady/goddess" Medina (MJ), and Ryan who has been a long term fan of Mike's work for the last 9 or so years. As admin's, we would thought it would be useful to mention the following things

The rude comments made on the FB page about this site was made by his partner as they were signed MJ. There was simply no need for what she said about this site as many people on here actually do like Mike.

I only know this irritating young man (and to me, he IS a young man:sad::sad:) from seeing him on this channel. Am I right in thinking, that when all of you heard he was coming to bid/pricedrop you were glad to see him, because you remembered him from somewhere else and thought he was good? If this is indeed the case, then I think the people decrying this site should ask themselves why you have all changed your opinion about him. As I've said before, I'm not a regular watcher of shopping channels but he is one of the ones I have to switch off when I see him.

I only know this irritating young man (and to me, he IS a young man:sad::sad:) from seeing him on this channel. Am I right in thinking, that when all of you heard he was coming to bid/pricedrop you were glad to see him, because you remembered him from somewhere else and thought he was good? If this is indeed the case, then I think the people decrying this site should ask themselves why you have all changed your opinion about him. As I've said before, I'm not a regular watcher of shopping channels but he is one of the ones I have to switch off when I see him.

He used to be on Bid years ago, then left to do some dodgy premium phone call effort where people would phone and answer a question that was never, ever right.

In earlier days on Bid, he was fun and cheeky and likeable imo but of course the products were better then. Now the products have gone downhill and so has he as he has to sell tat, which isn't easy when you have phone call and postage to add on of nearly a tenner. He's just not likeable any more.

Talking of FB, why is there a fanpage for Mike Mason that he never has anything to do with? If he aint bovvered, why is anybody else? If anyone goes on there with a Bid problem, his girlfriend points them in the direction of CS as Mike cannot sort it out. People say they love him.......silence.

Compare that to Paul Becque who has his own page. He puts things on like his recent house move, family pics etc. People wish him well, he thanks them. He's polite and very helpful if anybody has a Bid query.

Like chalk and cheese. Apparently Paul has left Bid but he says he will be back on TV soon, watch this space.

I'm watching :hi:

And M&M...Mike certainly
had no ego hence not being on ANY social networking site

Now that's ridiculous

Last edited:
Talking of FB, why is there a fanpage for Mike Mason that he never has anything to do with? If he aint bovvered, why is anybody else? If anyone goes on there with a Bid problem, his girlfriend points them in the direction of CS as Mike cannot sort it out. People say they love him.......silence.

Compare that to Paul Becque who has his own page. He puts things on like his recent house move, family pics etc. People wish him well, he thanks them. He's polite and very helpful if anybody has a Bid query.

Like chalk and cheese. Apparently Paul has left Bid but he says he will be back on TV soon, watch this space.

I'm watching :hi:

If he 'dosen't have anything to do with it' I suppose he cannot take any responsibility for it, can he? :wink:

Nor does he have to be embarrassed that he only has about 200 'fans'.

Last edited:
Although I agree Mike's not as much fun as he used to be years ago, I'm not sure why anyones interested how many fans he has or whats said on his Facebook page... does anyone really care whats said on it? Why look at his Facebook page if you dont like him? There's other presenters I find more annoying than him. I watched Lisa Brash last week when someone text in saying how much they disliked her and thought she was full of herself. Quite rightly she answered to the person watching if they didn't like her to switch the channel. Maybe if everyone dislikes mike so much they should switch off. Myself personally I can take him or leave him.

I have seen Lisa receiving texts too but never heard anyone say what the mobile number is so I always assumed it was just another sales gimmick.

Although I agree Mike's not as much fun as he used to be years ago, I'm not sure why anyones interested how many fans he has or whats said on his Facebook page... does anyone really care whats said on it? Why look at his Facebook page if you dont like him? There's other presenters I find more annoying than him. I watched Lisa Brash last week when someone text in saying how much they disliked her and thought she was full of herself. Quite rightly she answered to the person watching if they didn't like her to switch the channel. Maybe if everyone dislikes mike so much they should switch off. Myself personally I can take him or leave him.

I look because I am nosey :blush:

Maybe I don't dislike him as much as I think because I do watch him but I cannot watch, and do turn over, Lisa Brash

you don't know.

I hope you said exactly the same to Mike's "slash goddess" when she slagged off the members of this forum.

Bet you didn't though, did you?

:smirk:

lady slash goddess should have an ASA injunction slapped on her too for 'misleading' us lot!!

We 'do' know Mikey quite well. Afterall, he's on our bladdy TV sets most days of the week!!!

Over the past year or so I've gathered this much information (all from memory)....

a) has a lady/goddess
b) his kid is going to grow up as the next Patrick Moore with the Bid.tv telescope
c) monthly Sky TV subscription fee
d) the fact he doesn't use a bid.tv internet dongle (WTF, why not Mike? Cheaper than Sky and you get free Playboy TV)
e) he 'knows' sound
f) used to be an electrician
g) burglar alarm is wireless and easy to bypass
h) lives in the 'sticks'
i) puts a 'fake' candle in all his windows to deter burglars
j) has a facebook fan page with 200 users
k) which phone he uses
l) Yarvik tablet user
m) Owner of a halogen oven

need I go on? I know more about Mike than he knows about Dr. Cringles.

Last edited:
lady slash goddess should have an ASA injunction slapped on her too for 'misleading' us lot!!

We 'do' know Mikey quite well. Afterall, he's on our bladdy TV sets most days of the week!!!

Over the past year or so I've gathered this much information (all from memory)....

a) has a lady/goddess
b) his kid is going to grow up as the next Patrick Moore with the Bid.tv telescope
c) monthly Sky TV subscription fee
d) the fact he doesn't use a bid.tv internet dongle (WTF, why not Mike? Cheaper than Sky and you get free Playboy TV)
e) he 'knows' sound
f) used to be an electrician
g) burglar alarm is wireless and easy to bypass
h) lives in the 'sticks'
i) puts a 'fake' candle in all his windows to deter burglars
j) has a facebook fan page with 200 users
k) which phone he uses
l) Yarvik tablet user
m) Owner of a halogen oven

need I go on? I know more about Mike than he knows about Dr. Cringles.

How has my friend (his partner) mislead you?

You have obviously been listening rather well as most of your comments
are correct apart from the fan page number which still
stands at 740 something I believe (and yes I am a member).

Seriously, why watch if you don't like him? It's not rocket science.

lol, I do enjoy his shows in some odd way. I've always been into watching shopping telly (not bought anything from QVC or Bid). It's the selling techniques more than anything :)

Mike's fan page - I was referring to the new 'closed' facebook page - know his old 'open' one had 700+ as you said above (some folk haven't migrated over!)

I'm sure Mike is nice in real life... just wish he was a bit more sincere with the sales!

Last edited:
oh dear, M&M really is a sad joke
ok so Mike and others have been behaving recently but that doesn't excuse the misleading, scaremongering and BSing that went on and still does to a lesser degree
the indefensible cannot be defended M&M so give it up

has anyone noticed the little comments Mike has made the last couple of evenings?
one evening he introduced himself then said 'I'm not everyone's cup of tea'
and the next night he introduced himself as 'the uncouth one'
a little message that he knows what we've been saying maybe? but of course he doesn't give a monkeys what we think!

Mike hurry up and finish, that ****** beauty feature.Get off mike peter will be upset with u.

How has my friend (his partner) mislead you?

You have obviously been listening rather well as most of your comments
are correct apart from the fan page number which still
stands at 740 something I believe (and yes I am a member).

Seriously, why come on here if you don't like the fact that people don't just post fawning comments about Mike Mason and disagree with how he does his job? It's not rocket science.

:wonder:

lol, I do enjoy his shows in some odd way. I've always been into watching shopping telly (not bought anything from QVC or Bid). It's the selling techniques more than anything :)

Mike's fan page - I was referring to the new 'closed' facebook page - know his old 'open' one had 700+ as you said above (some folk haven't migrated over!)

I'm sure Mike is nice in real life... just wish he was a bit more sincere with the sales!

Indeed Paul, but the good news is he's upto 212 members now.

The other 500 or so must have failed the strict vetting procedure.

I also very much enjoy watching Mike, and having worked in so many fields he's so knowledgeable on a wide range on subjects and I find his comparisons particularly useful.

He's one of the few presenters you can really trust to give an honest and candid sales pitch and I for one never feel scared into buying any of his items. And the fact that he has so many of the products himself and rarely buys far more expensive alternatives is so reassuring.

It's his modesty I value most.

Latest posts

Back