Liz Earle .... Is it all that good !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
I am confused with the hype over Liz Earle or maybe it's only me .My item( not Liz Earle ) ordered on that day has not been sent out saying that Liz Earle orders are many and there is a backlog .I have shopped with qvc for over a decade and have tried Liz Earle all through those years and every item I have sent back( I hardly send anything back ) as it has caused allergic reaction .so am quite confused

I originally loved Liz Earle only for the cleanse and polish which took all my eye make-up off so quickly and effortlessly - the other products I like are the orange flower body wash and the body cream - I have never been impressed with any of the other items and am clueless as to why people rave over the smell of the toner because my nostrils just aren't getting it. HOWEVER I have since discovered Benefits Balms Away (currently at TK Maxx for £7 a pop) and find it better than LE, just as quick and leaves the skin around my eyes feeling lovely, so Liz Earle has been sacked from the Speckled Henhouse xx

I used to like some of the range, the fake tan did not make me itch. Always hated the smell of the moisturiser, strangely the super one does not bother me.

Cannot use C&P since they upped the coco butter, my roseaca won't take it. No interest in the shampoos, do like the No15 perfume.

Its its day it was a ground breaker, but now so many brands can match LE its boring.

My daughter loves LE but I am too mean to pay that sort of price when I can get something cheaper that in my opinion does the same job. I am a big fan of Superdrug's own brand as it has the Bunny mark. The only thing I will spend more money on is a good moisturiser.

I have liked the LE range for years & have used most items at some time.I still use C&P but now also like the AlphaH Balancing cleanser & am going to try some cheaper 'like' items which some of you have recommended.Also use the Superskin moisturiser but can live without the oil.As prices have increased & some formulations have changed I don't buy as much and if I do I order from the LE website--quick delivery, often free P&P & complementary freebies.

I used to like some of the range, the fake tan did not make me itch. Always hated the smell of the moisturiser, strangely the super one does not bother me.

Cannot use C&P since they upped the coco butter, my roseaca won't take it. No interest in the shampoos, do like the No15 perfume.

Its its day it was a ground breaker, but now so many brands can match LE its boring.

I used to love it but it smells strange now, to me anyway. Then again Yankee candles smell strange go me.

It is so good to read posts here as there is a selection of positive, negative and even neutral opinions. Thank you.

I have mixed experiences with Liz Earle. Somethings are good and some the other end if the scale.

My favourite product had to be Eyebright. I had a huge bump to my head January 2014 and have had problems with eye infections ever since. The doctors say coincidence (amazing how many of my symptoms are age or coincidence). I've tried a variety of products including antibiotics but the side effects of those are unpleasant but do keep things at bay for 3-4 months. Eyebright dies seem to take inflammation and swellings down like no tablet, gel, drops of whatever. It really has become an essential in my "skin care drawer". Nothing else has ever had that status.

Then there are the shampoo and hair conditioner. Yes they produce good results but the smell to my nostrils is vile. I'm not interested in knowing how good something is for me if it makes me retch just my smelling it. It really is stomach churning to me.

In all the range is what it is, other than Eyebright I don't get any better results than I do with anything else. I'm slowly using my stash of products up and not buying now until I've started the back up.

You've helped me not spend here for which I'm greatful every credit card bill I get. Yes I did believe a lot of the hype, in my defence I was in a very bad place. Thankfully a lot of you have dragged me to sit on the sensible step and not the gullible one I was for a while. I only wish I had found you sooner than most Q social media groups.

Thanks xxx

dont like cleanser, the regular moisturiser smells and feels cheap, hate the shampoo, conditioner, the smell of the bodywash (not the regular one) smells like aftershave, the eyecream thats dead white with "illuminator", the face oil, the perfumes over rated/over priced and are all copies of something else.

It's a range that is expensive for what it is, in my opinion, especially the body products, those body moisturisers smell foul and have a really cheap runny consistency.

An over hyped brand for sure, it was innovative years ago, but too many other brands - even supermarkets - doing just as good products for much lower prices.

Last edited:
I think I've tried every cleanser under the sun but I always go back to C & P if I'm honest. I hated it after they removed the Almond Milk and added Cocoa Butter but I soon got used to it, but the star of the range for me is the shampoo. I absolutely love it. The men's shower gel is lovely smelling as well, but I find it quite expensive.

There is so much competition with all the skin ranges, from LE, Decleor, Gatinaeu, Elemis, Judith Williams, Emma Hardie, and all the other ranges that Q stock and push, which begs the question they cant ALL work miracles, so the bottom line is, they are all much of a muchness.

When I left school in the 60's thank God there wasn't this much choice available. We had Nivea, Atrixo, Ponds Cold Cream, Oil of ULAY, and at the posh end of the market it was Max Factor. Rimmel was for the teenage pocket money in its blue plastic containers, and oh the joy of the 'spit' mascara block !! and it was Elnet that choked everyone in the cloakrooms of the dance hall that kept our Dusty Springfield back curls in place. Perfumes were limited to Pagan, Coty L'Aimant and Muguet, Blue Grass, Lentheric Tweed and Gingham. Not every forgetting Goya Aqua Manda, and the reliable 4711. No-one could afford Chanel No.5.

I ordered the TSV as a Christmas gift so I hope there aren't any problems as I doubt that the recipient will be interested in posting it back to me. If I sent it back I would have 4 lots of post - from Q, to the recipient, back to me, back to Q. Thinking about it now maybe it wasn't the brightest idea.

There is so much competition with all the skin ranges, from LE, Decleor, Gatinaeu, Elemis, Judith Williams, Emma Hardie, and all the other ranges that Q stock and push, which begs the question they cant ALL work miracles, so the bottom line is, they are all much of a muchness.

When I left school in the 60's thank God there wasn't this much choice available. We had Nivea, Atrixo, Ponds Cold Cream, Oil of ULAY, and at the posh end of the market it was Max Factor. Rimmel was for the teenage pocket money in its blue plastic containers, and oh the joy of the 'spit' mascara block !! and it was Elnet that choked everyone in the cloakrooms of the dance hall that kept our Dusty Springfield back curls in place. Perfumes were limited to Pagan, Coty L'Aimant and Muguet, Blue Grass, Lentheric Tweed and Gingham. Not every forgetting Goya Aqua Manda, and the reliable 4711. No-one could afford Chanel No.5.

Really chuckled over this, brings back so many memories!! I like the Liz Earle C&P, Toner and Eyebright but I haven't bought them from Q for ages as I don't need the other items they come with and the postage to Spain is prohibitive!

Blue Grass was considered very sophisticated and I wore it when I first met Mr L and to this day he says it is the only perfume he can recognise and says he still likes it. Actually it is as cheap as Chips now, in real terms was much much more expensive then especially at a time when I could barely afford it.

Brissels you are so right about every brand claims to work best. The same presenters wax lyrical about every brand and of course they use them all! I have been spending so much money on products for years and now I am using up my stash and then going to buy as I need and take advice from the real people on this forum. I have used LE and have to say it's not been my favourite range mainly due to some of the textures.

I love the orange body wash but it's quite expensive, my friend has recommended Body Shop no soap mandarin shower gel so I'm going to put that on my must try list.

I really like C & P and was rather annoyed when they removed the almond milk, but eventually got used to it.

My 2 staples are c & p and the toner. A few years back I used to buy quite a few products from the range, until one day I ran out of the hand cream, and went to order some more when it struck me how much the hand cream actually was, and thought would I actually spend that amount on hand cream in a shop. No I would not. I will buy a TSV if I think it is good value and am running low on C & P.

I stick with the above 2 products as they suit my skin. I do/did also like the superskin moisturiser, but someone on this forum recommended the Formula range from M & S, and I have bought that and really like it, so the superskin is no more either. I think the M & S one is far nicer, my skin feels smoother too, and the best yet, it is cheaper!

L
I really like C & P and was rather annoyed when they removed the almond milk, but eventually got used to it.

My 2 staples are c & p and the toner. A few years back I used to buy quite a few products from the range, until one day I ran out of the hand cream, and went to order some more when it struck me how much the hand cream actually was, and thought would I actually spend that amount on hand cream in a shop. No I would not. I will buy a TSV if I think it is good value and am running low on C & P.

I stick with the above 2 products as they suit my skin. I do/did also like the superskin moisturiser, but someone on this forum recommended the Formula range from M & S, and I have bought that and really like it, so the superskin is no more either. I think the M & S one is far nicer, my skin feels smoother too, and the best yet, it is cheaper!

Ooh yes after hearing about M&S formula range on here I bought the sensitive night cream the other day and so far I'm really liking it! Very soothing but not at all heavy. Got it during their 20% off event too, and on a 3 for 2 with other beauty items. Bargain! I'm really on a quest to save money on skincare.

Latest posts

Back