Bank Holiday Boredom.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know this is a soapbox issue for me, but has anyone else noticed that the entire bank holiday has been taken over by The Gnome under the guise of Summer Garden Launch? In other words, an entire day of all the same crap we're used to but under the guise of something new and exciting. I certainly won't be looking in. 24hr saturation, and you can bet this won't be the last.

I know this is a soapbox issue for me, but has anyone else noticed that the entire bank holiday has been taken over by The Gnome under the guise of Summer Garden Launch? In other words, an entire day of all the same crap we're used to but under the guise of something new and exciting. I certainly won't be looking in. 24hr saturation, and you can bet this won't be the last.

Did we expect anything else from qvc, when they want a few hours/days filling up... they whistle the gnome from his gazebo in the car park.:mysmilie_10:

You can't blame them, gardening is their biggest money earner and this bank holiday is one of the busiest gardening days of the year. I always thought beauty was their top earner, but I saw a rundown of their top 10 products a few days ago, and the top 5 were dominated by Richard Jackson's products. The bottom 5 weren't beauty either.

You can't blame them, gardening is their biggest money earner and this bank holiday is one of the busiest gardening days of the year. I always thought beauty was their top earner, but I saw a rundown of their top 10 products a few days ago, and the top 5 were dominated by Richard Jackson's products. The bottom 5 weren't beauty either.
He will probably tell us that there will be lots of slugs due to the warm wet winter, this is tosh, Spring frost kills them so there will be less

OOh! Thanks Moth, I didn't know it was on. I'll need to look in :mysmilie_14:

I was in Yorkshire last week LM, it was T shirt weather in the Dales. Not a cod in sight :mysmilie_17: (sorry).

CC

I won't be watching but then again I hate whole weekends of beauty as well and that seems to be every other weekend, plus every other day as well.

BTW could anyone tell me what the TSV at this midnight is supposed to be? Home reflections with a note that this is a repeat show?

. . . . . BTW could anyone tell me what the TSV at this midnight is supposed to be? Home reflections with a note that this is a repeat show?

Linda Magistris has posted pics of the TSV on FB. Seems to be a mercury glass vase with faux hydrangeas.

Last edited:
The reason is his charm, charisma and all-round sparkling personality.:mysmilie_514::mysmilie_514::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

Did we expect anything else from qvc, when they want a few hours/days filling up... they whistle the gnome from his gazebo in the car park.:mysmilie_10:

If the weather's bad and l can't get out walking l will be watching my box set of "Happy Valley 2." No way am l watching any of the boring gardening shows. I honestly cannot think of anything worse.

If it was a choice between watching QVC and little Richard Jacksons gardening shows or pulling my toe nails off, all I can say is............pass me the pliers.

Well I am only on season 1 of Game of Thrones so if nothing else I can catch up on the next 5 seasons!

Maybe RJ might be a welcome respite :mysmilie_17:

I wonder how long it will be before they do a "Travel Solutions" hour. This usually features overpriced suitcases, some empty 100ml plastic bottles, a padlock and a 90's style "bum bag" or money belt.

If the weather's bad and l can't get out walking l will be watching my box set of "Happy Valley 2." No way am l watching any of the boring gardening shows. I honestly cannot think of anything worse.

happy valley best thing on tv for years

Latest posts

Back