Nina Leonard Fashion Designs TSV 03/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm holding onto summer with all my strength! It's back to 2 days a week looking after my granddaughter at her home, rather than in ours as I did for the last half term. It's the coldest house I've ever known & I take extra layers for when I'm inside 🥶 However, the rest of the time it's still summer clothes, bare legs & sandals. The coming autumn & winter will last longer than any other & I'm not starting them early.

The problem with Ruth’s jacket for me is it’s too short. She said people have said that but if she lengthens it it looks frumpy.Plus you can wear a longer jumper / shirt to hang down.
Well at my age I prefer a bit longer . I don’t want to look like mutton if I can avoid it but I do like denim. I won’t be getting this TSV though. Wrong time of year.

I've only bought one top from M&S on sale for less than a tenner this year and for being in lockdown, that's more than enough.

Is it extra for a piece of jacket for the centre front section :unsure:
Or does that come on a second drop auto delivery ;):LOL:

Attachments

• 3B7234AE-661C-44CD-B099-F4278BA61E31.jpeg
    3B7234AE-661C-44CD-B099-F4278BA61E31.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 97
I have never been tempted by a jacket that short, although I will admit they look good on some people. When I wear a jacket it will always be blazer length if not longer.

I’m sure Jacky the NL rep was chatting earlier about how popular the brand is in “those” New York department stores, and Simon Biagi smiling agreement with that smug, faux innocent expression of his.

I’ve just searched for Nina Leonard on the websites of the top 5 department stores in Manhattan - found one item.

perhaps I mis-understood what Jacky was saying ?

Is it extra for a piece of jacket for the centre front section :unsure:
Or does that come on a second drop auto delivery ;):LOL:

I had a friend who was over endowed in the bust area - like the photo, and she never seemed to buy jackets and coats that fitted properly, she always wore them open because either she couldn't get her size or liked wearing clothes that didn't fit. Also wearing tight clothes made her look even larger, particularly around the armhole area.

I’m sure Jacky the NL rep was chatting earlier about how popular the brand is in “those” New York department stores, and Simon Biagi smiling agreement with that smug, faux innocent expression of his.

I’ve just searched for Nina Leonard on the websites of the top 5 department stores in Manhattan - found one item.

perhaps I mis-understood what Jacky was saying ?

Barneys or Bergdorf?

The problem with Ruth’s jacket for me is it’s too short. She said people have said that but if she lengthens it it looks frumpy.Plus you can wear a longer jumper / shirt to hang down.
Well at my age I prefer a bit longer . I don’t want to look like mutton if I can avoid it but I do like denim. I won’t be getting this TSV though. Wrong time of year.

Totally agree...her jacket is way too short, in fact it's so short I wouldn't even consider it a jacket..it's a bolero!Time and time again I've heard her say that customers have asked for it to be made a touch longer but she says this is the longest we can go without it looking frumpy! Utter bollox...there are a good couple of inches to be put on before it even remotely begins to resemble an old trucker's jacket. Shooting herself in the foot there I think...she harps on about her different skirt and trouser lengths if she extend that to her jackets then she'd sell a lot more I'd imagine

Totally agree...her jacket is way too short, in fact it's so short I wouldn't even consider it a jacket..it's a bolero!Time and time again I've heard her say that customers have asked for it to be made a touch longer but she says this is the longest we can go without it looking frumpy! Utter bollox...there are a good couple of inches to be put on before it even remotely begins to resemble an old trucker's jacket. Shooting herself in the foot there I think...she harps on about her different skirt and trouser lengths if she extend that to her jackets then she'd sell a lot more I'd imagine

Excellent idea M ! having a petite, regular or long length on these type of biker jackets I think is a great solution instead of a one size fits all mentality.

Latest posts

Back