Molton Brown TSV 03/03/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They usually have another in December CK but obviously I have no idea if that’s the plan for this year as well.
Oh yes, had forgotten that one

TSVs are usually March/April, October and December. In 2021 they also had one in June but that isn't the norm.
Ah so this one is a bit early but otherwise, the same pattern.

She also refers to it as ‘parents day’ What an insult to women and mothers!

Isn't it?

Do children these days really think so little of their mums? My daughter and I are really close. She's late-twenties and is as disturbed by the way society is heading as I am.

I have friends with grandchildren in their late teens/early twenties. They're lazy, ignorant and completely unprepared for life. Their parents and grandparents do everything for them and pay for everything as most aren't working. The ones in college/uni are doing courses in what I can only describe as la-la. Completely useless qualifications that won't get them good jobs.

One grandchild has signed and is pushing a petition asking for people over 70 to be euthanised as they use too many resources and cost too much to keep. I kid you not.

This is the same kid that asks nanna for money for everything from coffees (several a day yet they're too busy to clean their own room or help out with chores - not that they know how to do anything!) to driving lessons to holidays. Oh, and if nanna accidentally refers to them by the wrong pronoun they will strop for a week and threaten suicide.

Why are people letting this happen? The contempt this kid has for their parents and grandparents (though the grandfather is thoroughly fed up and avoids his grandchild as much as he can - wise bloke) is shocking. He's having driving lessons (I heard he was up to the 31st last week) in an electric car as the fossil fuel crisis, as he never fails to mention, is the older generation's fault and they should be "made to pay". Made to pay?

Parents don't parent these days. I despair. I don't have that much long on this planet if we go by the three score and ten, but I worry so much for my daughter. The odds are stacked against her purely due to her sex but I truly worry about her future. I've brought her up to be independent and she has a great job in the NHS/teaching sector but I still worry. She's yet to meet a man that she wants to settle down with (that is my fault as her biological father is a horrible man and is enough to put any woman off for life) but I still dream of a happy family life for her.

Wow! That was quite a vent - sorry.

She also refers to it as ‘parents day’ What an insult to women and mothers!
She’s a captured loon.

Isn't it?

Do children these days really think so little of their mums? My daughter and I are really close. She's late-twenties and is as disturbed by the way society is heading as I am.

I have friends with grandchildren in their late teens/early twenties. They're lazy, ignorant and completely unprepared for life. Their parents and grandparents do everything for them and pay for everything as most aren't working. The ones in college/uni are doing courses in what I can only describe as la-la. Completely useless qualifications that won't get them good jobs.

One grandchild has signed and is pushing a petition asking for people over 70 to be euthanised as they use too many resources and cost too much to keep. I kid you not.

This is the same kid that asks nanna for money for everything from coffees (several a day yet they're too busy to clean their own room or help out with chores - not that they know how to do anything!) to driving lessons to holidays. Oh, and if nanna accidentally refers to them by the wrong pronoun they will strop for a week and threaten suicide.

Why are people letting this happen? The contempt this kid has for their parents and grandparents (though the grandfather is thoroughly fed up and avoids his grandchild as much as he can - wise bloke) is shocking. He's having driving lessons (I heard he was up to the 31st last week) in an electric car as the fossil fuel crisis, as he never fails to mention, is the older generation's fault and they should be "made to pay". Made to pay?

Parents don't parent these days. I despair. I don't have that much long on this planet if we go by the three score and ten, but I worry so much for my daughter. The odds are stacked against her purely due to her sex but I truly worry about her future. I've brought her up to be independent and she has a great job in the NHS/teaching sector but I still worry. She's yet to meet a man that she wants to settle down with (that is my fault as her biological father is a horrible man and is enough to put any woman off for life) but I still dream of a happy family life for her.

The cotton wool kid generation.
My kids are from that era but we’ve tried to instill them with a work ethic.
My daughter’s friends all got driving lessons and cars paid for them by their parents.
Ours will pay for it all for themselves.

The cotton wool kid generation.
My kids are from that era but we’ve tried to instill them with a work ethic.
My daughter’s friends all got driving lessons and cars paid for them by their parents.
Ours will pay for it all for themselves.

My daughter did, too. She refused her father's financial help. In a very colourful way :ROFLMAO:

Like me, she's worked part-time in weekend and holiday jobs, though I started at 12 and she started at 15 as I didn't want her school work disrupted. She had a grant for Uni but still worked part-time all the way through.

She's more savvy than me. I worked behind a bar, she was a waitress. The tips waitressing are monumentally better than bar work tips!

AE, TBH if any relative of mine (well I don’t have many so include friends and acquaintances) suggested I should be euthanised, I would tell them to f**k off. End of conversation. Indeed, end of any future conversations! Problem solved. The trouble is, it’s not just the views they hold, it’s the constant wanging on about it isn’t it. Instead of just saying I want to be referred to as whatever and I identify as Two Spirit, it’s the exaggerated reaction which gets me. Bah. Humbug to all of them! Life’s too short.

I’ve bought it. I’m a recent convert to MB so haven’t tried much. Still waiting to be shipped though I ordered Thursday, bit cross about that.
Rather annoyingly, I ordered early evening yesterday thinking this would guarantee a delivery either Tuesday or later. They have emailed that they have it! This could mean a delivery tomorrow when I am out for part of the day. I shall have to see if there is a way to change the day, as there is on Yodel tracking.

Last edited:
AE, TBH if any relative of mine (well I don’t have many so include friends and acquaintances) suggested I should be euthanised, I would tell them to f**k off. End of conversation. Indeed, end of any future conversations! Problem solved. The trouble is, it’s not just the views they hold, it’s the constant wanging on about it isn’t it. Instead of just saying I want to be referred to as whatever and I identify as Two Spirit, it’s the exaggerated reaction which gets me. Bah. Humbug to all of them! Life’s too short.

As would I. Don't these young people understand that they'll be 70 one day? If they're lucky.

A petition, though. Signed by hundreds apparently. I think parents and grandparents should blow the inheritance. Enjoy it all before their lethal injection. I wonder if the youngsters signing would be happy to get nothing at all? The will reading will be fun.

Do you have a neighbour that can take your parcel in?

If I tune into any beauty show and AY is presenting, I promptly switch to watch something else. Why the heck she can’t state use on any skin and not any gender. Rather than state any gender, it would be preferable if she stated which skin type it would suit. I had a survey to complete recently and there was 17 choices of gender to pick. I typed in Jedi Knight as my gender of choice.

Mr CC stopped in his tracks today when he heard AY spouting out celebrations of gender. What a stupid a**hole that woman is. I'm happy for anyone to be anything they want to be but who needs AY virtue signalling about what a gender neutral sympathiser she is. I'm buying nothing else when she's presenting it as she probably would refuse to sell me anything because I'm a woman.

CC

I just turned on to hear AY mention "celebrating Mother's Day or any genders celebration sort of thing". Turned off immediately.

Doesn't she know that the any genders crowd don't celebrate Mother's Day? And the off-hand "sort of thing" I hear her saying every bl**dy time I switch on could also offend
Especially as it really wasn’t originally instigated as a day for your mother but is a Church holy day & the “mother” is Mother Church.

Isn't it?

👏👏 Take a bow!

If only more people out there were like you, AE. Actually, they probably are but are afraid to speak out, or feel compelled just to go along with the madness for fear of being accused of some atrocity, such as giving an informed opinion based on a lifetime of experience.

Praise be for the outlet for plain speaking which is this forum.

So what happens when Father's Day comes, just another parents' day.

On another forum at the moment, there is a poll about the Triple Lock pensioners get. Should it be stopped in the Spring budget? Quite a few putting up graphs etc. And of course saying by the time they retire there will be no state pension and how pensioners are draining the public purse. One commented what about the poor workers, and cue the posts about the poor pensioners coming after they posted. There are no poor pensioners.

There was a film, and they made a tv series called Logan's Run about in the future when you reached I think it was 30? You were put down as society had no need of you.

Fathers’ Day belongs to men though, Donna, so will be sacrosanct.

I went into MB today and tried the new Apricot and Freesia expecting it to be a mega floral, like Sun Rose and Jasmine or Flora Luminare. So I was surprised by just how delicate it is, and rather nice I thought. I also tried the body lotion which had much more of an apricot thing going on, whereas on me the gel was more freesia.

If anyone bought the floral one and don’t like the rhubarb give me a shout and I’ll buy it off you

I’ve had 2 failed delivery messages for yesterday and today! 😡 Of course I was here for the delivery window both days and no one came anywhere near, ☹️. I hope it comes tomorrow or they will return it to Q I think.

It arrived! After sending me a failed delivery message, I then got a “delivery rescheduled” message… to the same window. Anyhoo, it finally rocked up at about 9.40. Not that he knocked or anything, I just heard a slight noise outside where he dropped off the parcel. The delivery pic mind you is of a much thinner envelope being put towards my letter box. What????? So I think we have a new (crap) courier on our route, ☹️.

Latest posts

Back