Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Has anyone read today’s newspaper article where she is telling us what it’s like to live with her chronic health issues,I honestly had no idea it was that bad, also didn’t realise she is 55 😊interestingly Qvc have admitted that she has shifted 78,000 Elemis skincare sets in one day worth an estimated £1.8 million 😊

What does it say? I'm always unsure when I hear about people airing their problems in public. Is she fund-raising for a charity, raising awareness, what?

Has anyone read today’s newspaper article where she is telling us what it’s like to live with her chronic health issues,I honestly had no idea it was that bad, also didn’t realise she is 55 😊interestingly Qvc have admitted that she has shifted 78,000 Elemis skincare sets in one day worth an estimated £1.8 million 😊
Where is the article?

I think I found it on Pressreader but I can't post a link, for some reason. Try googling "alison young" "qvc" "chronic" and you should get what I got.

I feel for anyone who has to live with constant pain. I'd no idea she suffered with those conditions. I've never understood the appeal of sports such as horse-riding, skining, motorcycle racing etc. Oh and I'm sure it's AY's birthday on Friday, not that she ever acknowledges it, and that will make her 56.

I think the article is more to push her book, and they put in her health problems as well, though she must have mentioned been happy to tell them all about them. Though no mention of her thyroid which was the first problem she had going back? I remember members here saying when she put on the weight her thyroid must be unbalanced, and they had not got her levels sorted. This went on for a number of years.

She still keeps saying on air about mucking out the horses and doing other stuff on her farm. So she must have staff to be able to do that and not on her own as she makes out on air.

Mrs. Ordinary, I get the idea she is trying to compete with Caroline Hirons with the no airs and graces approach.

Or don't.
Sorry you didn't get it because for some reason I couldn't post that particular link but it is still the first link (pressreader) that appears so thanks to loveinamist for posting the actual link. Don't know why it wouldn't let me do it first time round.

It irks me to see articles for self-publicity that glorify mini z-list slebs who are still able to fund lifestyles that most people can't, particularly as so many of these nameless people suffer in silence. Usually these articles have some element of contradiction in them as donna pointed out.

Latest posts

Back