Underwear/Shapewear

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
I turned on QVC yesterday evening to what sounded like there was a dog fight going on. It turned out it was the BA and Jackie yelling over each other to be top dog. There were bad vibes going on between those two. The models for the shapewear were all slender and in no need of help. Why not show how the underwear could smooth down lumpy bodies rather than put it on models with no figure issues? It makes you think that there's some wool being pulled over our eyes with this brand.

I turned on QVC yesterday evening to what sounded like there was a dog fight going on. It turned out it was the BA and Jackie yelling over each other to be top dog. There were bad vibes going on between those two. The models for the shapewear were all slender and in no need of help. Why not show how the underwear could smooth down lumpy bodies rather than put it on models with no figure issues? It makes you think that there's some wool being pulled over our eyes with this brand.
What’s the brand?
At least when Ideal World used to do shapewear they used women with a real need for shapewear.

Well the BA was not slender and the shapewear was doing her no favours. The trousers she had on were showing every bump and lump so if the shapewear was helping I dread to think what shape she was without it. Showing her would not induce me to buy as it didn't appear to any good at all. She really didn't want to shut up at all, I think she was being paid by the word and wanted to get as many in as she could in the hour. Not a pleasant watch at all.

I agree with you totally. But not just undies to pull you in, reshape, take away lumps and bumps, clothing in general when it is not aimed at a fashion show where designers like models to be tall and slim, fine but QVC are supposed to be aimed at us, not at wealthy types who look forward to respective “fashion week”. QVC is aimed at the woman in the street they tell us in every walk of life. So why not reflect that QVC? It makes me so angry and frustrated. I have no idea who the advisers are at Q, but I could do a better job.

Maybe you switched over promptly, but I saw that Natascha & Michelle were modelling - not slim models. They did also use slim models however. I wasn't aware of a dog fight though....maybe I wasn't watching closely enough. I like that BA. She knows her **** & may be Ex Rigby & Peller. You are right about those Plazzy keks however.....

Sorry, but I don't remember the name of the brand. The only one who needed shapewear was the BA, and it looked like it didn't do a whole hell of a lot for her.
I managed to find a few of the shapewear presentations featuring Jackie and the BA but after watching 3 or 4 of them I didn't pick up on any bad vibes at all. I guess as you don't remember the brand it would be difficult to pinpoint exactly which video to watch. I might keep looking if I'm bored later. I have to agree though that it didn't do anything for the BA, it looked like she had a medicine ball stuffed down the front of her trousers!

I forgot to mention the bit I heard about returns and how Jackie was saying remove all the tags, wear them, wash them if you like, and if you're not happy send them back. I'm squirming at the idea of someone sending unwashed knickers back...yuk yuk yuk. Ok it's unlikely that anyone would wear shape wear without a normal pair of knickers underneath but people wear thongs and G strings so there's a lot of scope for the leakage of nasties. I really think it's about time that Q toned down this MBG guarantee it keeps prices high and in some cases leaves customers with disgusting articles to deal with when they've ordered something in good faith!

I forgot to mention the bit I heard about returns and how Jackie was saying remove all the tags, wear them, wash them if you like, and if you're not happy send them back. I'm squirming at the idea of someone sending unwashed knickers back...yuk yuk yuk. Ok it's unlikely that anyone would wear shape wear without a normal pair of knickers underneath but people wear thongs and G strings so there's a lot of scope for the leakage of nasties. I really think it's about time that Q toned down this MBG guarantee it keeps prices high and in some cases leaving customers with disgusting articles to deal with when they've ordered something in good faith!
I was sent a jumper with a large grease stain on the front. I returned it, but 8 days later it came back to me. I hate the idea of paying full price for an article that has been worn by somebody else. It puts me off buying.

I was sent a jumper with a large grease stain on the front. I returned it, but 8 days later it came back to me. I hate the idea of paying full price for an article that has been worn by somebody else. It puts me off buying.
😳 That’s appalling. So much for their always maintaining everything is new when it’s sent out. To receive the same dirty item a second time beggars belief!

When Ideal World did shapewear with the BA Astrid they always had a larger sized, older German model who wasn't that tall - no doubt a similar shape to a lot of their audience. You could plainly see the befores and afters and where the shapewear was holding her in or otherwise. Far better than showing the garments on a tall, slim model like Charlotte for instance.

I've always said if you've any figure faults then satin or leather/pleather is only going to highlight them.

CC

It was a nice jumper, but I had to bin it.

You’re more patient than me. I’d have asked for a free returns label, rather than bin it, as well telling them I wanted a refund. I would also have put a note inside the bag stating that it was dirty and the second time that they’d sent me the same jumper. I’d have added that it made a mockery of their promise that things that they sent out aren’t second hand returns.

They’d probably have maintained that the grease stain was part of the design though. 😉

You’re more patient than me. I’d have asked for a free returns label, rather than bin it, as well telling them I wanted a refund. I would also have put a note inside the bag stating that it was dirty and the second time that they’d sent me the same jumper. I’d have added that it made a mockery of their promise that things that they sent out aren’t second hand returns.

They’d probably have maintained that the grease stain was part of the design though. 😉
They lost a good customer. I'm suspicious of all their promises. Trust is so important in any buying situation.

I agree, I would've been furious getting a dirty top in the first place but them sending it back to you is completely out of order and I would've demanded a refund!

Latest posts

Back