Alison, it's a stye, not a style!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
She just answered someone's message on the beauty insider show on how best to treat a stye on her eye. She answered how to treat a 'style' several times! For someone who comes across as a know all it was funny that she didn't know what it was really called šŸ˜‚ This came straight after she talked about 'all her gorgeous genders.' I don't find her likeable at all I'm afraid.

I for the first time in my life got a stye and I even know how I got it. Yes, sitting on the bus after holding onto the rails rubbed my eye as it felt itchy. Bad mistake, and then there was a stye. Chemist told me to hold a damp hot cotton wool pad against it, but it takes weeks for it to go away. I cheated as I had some antibiotics and just took them for 2 days and the stye started to go away.

The modern thinking is if you get antibiotics, stop them if you are feeling better before you finish them.

I for the first time in my life got a stye and I even know how I got it. Yes, sitting on the bus after holding onto the rails rubbed my eye as it felt itchy. Bad mistake, and then there was a stye. Chemist told me to hold a damp hot cotton wool pad against it, but it takes weeks for it to go away. I cheated as I had some antibiotics and just took them for 2 days and the stye started to go away.

The modern thinking is if you get antibiotics, stop them if you are feeling better before you finish them.
Yes, too many antibiotics can have some very nasty side effects. I'm glad your stye went away.

The old wives tale was always to rub a stye with gold so when I was a child (all those years ago) I can remember my mother rubbing it with her wedding ring whenever we were unfortunate enough to get one (which thinking back seemed quite a regular thing actually unless it just seems that way).

The old wives tale was always to rub a stye with gold so when I was a child (all those years ago) I can remember my mother rubbing it with her wedding ring whenever we were unfortunate enough to get one (which thinking back seemed quite a regular thing actually unless it just seems that way).
Golden Eye ointment was my mother's go to for styes along with kaolin poultices for the awful carbuncles I used to get on my legs.

I remember getting styes and they were so painful! Hot compresses did give some relief, but those things took forever to go away, and the skin used to be rather scaly as the stye made its reluctant exit. Far better to learn to avoid getting them in the first place, so a painful lesson learned.

Just to add, I am heartily sick of all the gender nonsense. Itā€™s skincare and beauty. If you have skin, itā€™s likely going to be suitable. No need at all to talk about genders!!! Alison should change the record, and stick to basics. What kind of skin matters more than if you identify as a gender, ffs.

Alison Young forgets with all her political politeness thats she's paid to sell face cream.
I'v stopped buying so much on QVC i cannot stand all their political correctness, iv been a customer since day 1, i can remember one day looking on the website, and every single female model was Black, i understand they have diversity boxes to tick, but every model?i wrote to them they said they would pass it on lol, i mean do they not want us pale folk to be able to see what it looks like on? so i decided to spend my money on retailers who do cater for my pale skin tone, i mean i am still one of the majority in this country, i wonder if Africa QVC hahahaha uses only white models lol

I'v stopped buying so much on QVC i cannot stand all their political correctness, iv been a customer since day 1, i can remember one day looking on the website, and every single female model was Black, i understand they have diversity boxes to tick, but every model?i wrote to them they said they would pass it on lol, i mean do they not want us pale folk to be able to see what it looks like on? so i decided to spend my money on retailers who do cater for my pale skin tone, i mean i am still one of the majority in this country, i wonder if Africa QVC hahahaha uses only white models lol
Does the colour of someone's skin really affect your perception of how the clothes would look on you? Surely having different body shapes would give you a better idea of that.

Alison Young forgets with all her political politeness thats she's paid to sell face cream.
I was channel hopping and landed on QVC during tonightā€™s Friday Night Beauty show. I was on the channel for literally seconds, but it was long enough to hear Alison say ā€œfor all the gorgeous genders in your family.ā€

I moved on to another channel very quickly.

She is really getting on my nerves and I suspect its all done on purpose now she obviously reads the forum. Well Ms Young I will not buy anything else from QVC in particularly beauty. There this gender is not best pleased.

I am sure I heard Alison say there are 36 genders on the beauty show earlier- give me strength.

The other 36 (yes, really) are going to be mighty offended. She'd better be careful she's not cancelled.

Stick to selling beauty, Alison.

Does the colour of someone's skin really affect your perception of how the clothes would look on you? Surely having different body shapes would give you a better idea of that.

It does indeed. Check out some fashion sites (Zara is the worst), and you'll notice they dress black models in black clothing so you really can't see the clothing properly.

Another bugbear is QVC's matchy matchy particularly on Kipling shows. MF is great ar showing the bags but the models come on wearing black clothing with a black bag, green with green etc. It's not good for people with not great eyesight or poor telly quality (me!).

I have the same problem with white clothing online. I frequently can't see the detail I want. Even worse on a really pale model. Then there are models that have long hair they pull forward to hide the neckline. And don't get me started on French tucks. I'm tall so want to see the length of an item. It drives me nuts!

I honestly don't understand what the stylists are trying to do because they're not being helpful. I want to see the clothes not the models in ridiculous poses.

Latest posts

Back