Primal Products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Steve is on promoting his huge (!) book Fibre First. As someone who has done the health reset (and lost a lot of weight) I'm not so sure about this, it feels like a keto version of the old F Plan in order to sell those low carb noodles. I actually hate to sound so cynical as I thought the health reset was really good (in spite of a lot of typos), but I'm not going to get this, even on Kindle!
Like most of the books he's done, they'll probably end up being given away with orders in a year or two's time.

Will she fit in the studio? I haven't seen her recently, but it wasn't that long ago she looked like she'd eaten the equivalent of three Jake Thompsons.

As for those noodles. We tried them once. They're unpalatable, rubbery, and not pleasant at all.

I can't see how anyone could possibly enjoy a meal consisting of those.

We ended up putting ours out for the pigeons and mice to eat - and even they turned them down.
The idea that this lady's weight issue (if she sees it as one which, by association with SB on this product, she must do) is suddenly solved by this one product is ludicrous and persists the idea that people don't know better themselves; they do. I'm pretty sure most people understand what's good for them in the longer term and what isn't really but that life's for living and an occasional treat is totally fine. Smells vaguely insulting that The Saviour of The NHS only has the answer.

I saw two minutes of one of the recent Angeline & Steve Fibre Love Ins and she opened by saying something along the lines of "You can't have escaped the press about Ultra Processed Foods..". Well, my dear, it's my opinion that this manufactured & packaged item qualifies in almost every regard. Absolutely. Fill your baskets. Graham will show you how and when we come back...

I saw two minutes of one of the recent Angeline & Steve Fibre Love Ins and she opened by saying something along the lines of "You can't have escaped the press about Ultra Processed Foods..". Well, my dear, it's my opinion that this manufactured & packaged item qualifies in almost every regard. Absolutely. Fill your baskets. Graham will show you how and when we come back...

Haha, spot on with that.

On a broader point, most of Primal/Steve is just one big fickle lite-scam/grift (indeed, that goes for much of the health/supplement industry in general if it's heavily predicated around affiliate/influencer-led marketing or "not a pyramid scheme" MLMs).

You can tell nothing Steve promotes/extols/swears by has lasting impact by virtue of the fact he constantly has to move on to hawking his next trend/fad/book/solution. Nothing ever sticks (unlike his gloopy UP noodles to most surfaces).

Once enough suckers fall for A, discover it doesn't work (or helps a bit - correlation of causation? TBD), they stop buying. So he has to wheel out B as the solution. Rinse and repeat.

I'm lost as to which letter of the alphabet he's at now.

Last edited:
The idea that this lady's weight issue (if she sees it as one which, by association with SB on this product, she must do) is suddenly solved by this one product is ludicrous and persists the idea that people don't know better themselves; they do. I'm pretty sure most people understand what's good for them in the longer term and what isn't really but that life's for living and an occasional treat is totally fine. Smells vaguely insulting that The Saviour of The NHS only has the answer.

Totally agree. It's similar to the 'before and after' photos that Steve had on screen last week. One was a photo from 2020, in which he had a bit of a belly - and then the after photo was him toned, muscly and with a six pack. It was clearly the result of gym workouts. However, he was implying that it was down to healthy eating.

Healthy eating makes you lose weight. It doesn't suddenly give you a six pack, muscles and a toned physique..............

As for the NHS - Steve often has little swipes at GP's, saying "GP's often treat the symptoms, not the cause of the problem............"

But then in his next breath, when someone messages in to say "I've got an X ailment - can I take X supplement with that', Steve will cover his arse by telling people to "speak with their their GP".................

Haha, spot on with that.

On a broader point, most of Primal/Steve is just one big fickle lite-scam/grift (indeed, that goes for much of the health/supplement industry in general if it's heavily predicated around affiliate/influencer-led marketing or "not a pyramid scheme" MLMs).

You can tell nothing Steve promotes/extols/swears by has lasting impact by virtue of the fact he constantly has to move on to hawking his next trend/fad/book/solution. Nothing ever sticks (unlike his gloopy UP noodles to most surfaces).

Once enough suckers fall for A, discover it doesn't work (or helps a bit - correlation of causation? TBD), they stop buying. So he has to wheel out B as the solution. Rinse and repeat.

I'm lost as to which letter of the alphabet he's at now.

Steve, or at least a combination of Steve and his team, are clearly very good business people. I'll give him credit for that.

However, Steve seems to have ambitions at times that are too big - and once they don't come to fruition, he appears to get bored, lose interest, and move on to his next venture.

It wasn't that long ago that Steve released his 'Lure of Gems' book. In that book, Steve mentions about how much he loves gemstones, and that Gemporia will be his last business venture.

Fast forward to 2024, Steve only appears on Gems TV when he's selling health-related products. He's nowhere to be seen when they're selling jewellery. Even a few days ago, at the weekend during the 'Steve Bennett Vault' weekend, Dave Troth came on telling us how "Steve has taken a step back from jewellery in recent years because he's focused on health".

Steve attempted to expand Gemporia by launching channels in America, India, etc. He also moved towards selling Gemporia jewellery in shops (Selfridges was it? I can't recall), plus Virgin Atlantic flights. Brexit and other external matters seems to have hit those expansions - and some failed (others seemed to have ceased without explanation).

Steve then seemed to take a backseat and launched Primal.

Primal Cure was born, and I suspect that had an early issue because the name soon changed to Primal Living (I suspect the word 'Cure' became problematic). Steve launched a range of products - but the market was already dominated by Tej Lalvani's 'Vitabiotics' company.

The other problems were that the packaging looked 'cheap' and unappealing (and still does), some of the product names were AWFUL and just didn't sound like names that could be taken seriously (such as 'Noggin' - a drink for supposed brain benefits, and 'Drink Me Gorgeous').

Despite Gemporia's claims that they were brilliant products and amongst the best, if not the best, on the market, some of their products were much weaker than competing products - such as their probiotics, which are NOWHERE near as strong as Bioglan, etc - but their prices were not reflective of such, nor were they competitive - even on the 'buy 2 get a 3rd free' deal that they usually have on Gems TV. For the price of Steve's probiotics, I could get some which were 3x stronger from Costco for just £2 more.

In addition to that, on the rare occasion that I did buy Primal products, they were nearly always coming to the end of their use by date - which suggested they'd been in stock for a long time.

I think it soon became apparent that, even with Gemporia's huge customer base and large TV audience, Primal was not going to become a huge business that could compete with well-known brands.

So Primal was merged into Gemporia, and Steve moved onto yet another business venture - which seems to consist of a few clinics. I don't know much about this business though so it would be unfair for me to comment.

It'll be interesting to see if he sticks with his latest venture, or whether he moves onto something new again at a later date.

Will she fit in the studio? I haven't seen her recently, but it wasn't that long ago she looked like she'd eaten the equivalent of three Jake Thompsons.

As for those noodles. We tried them once. They're unpalatable, rubbery, and not pleasant at all.

I can't see how anyone could possibly enjoy a meal consisting of those.

We ended up putting ours out for the pigeons and mice to eat - and even they turned them down.
What happened to the good old fashioned balanced diet?

Like most of the books he's done, they'll probably end up being given away with orders in a year or two's time.
I'm still waiting for the 'free' book that I twice bought something for, and both times I didn't get the book. YET, I had 3 Leherer books (same one). I gave one away.

I think he will get Gemma Collins in the studio to launch it, they've been on Instagram together promoting those noodles. That's going to be a loud day on Gemporia!
It'll definitely a day for not watching, not unless you're wearing industrial quality ear defenders that is. Couldn't they have found a celebrity to do the launch, rather than a Z lister desperate for news coverage?

Update for you all…they have finally agreed to refund me the full amount I paid, after I threatened to go to the consumer council and write a formal letter of complaint to SB.

Also in reply to several questions I asked, I have been informed, “These are produced and manufactured in Turkey for Primal Living”.

There are no words.
How do you write a complaint to SB.
I'm fuming today with one of their con tricks and customer services just gives a BS response

Watching this show now. The book looks like it's printed on 'bible' paper: that very thin, almost transparent paper. Also, another annoyance. They are, as I write, doing Turmeric. THEY are selling it, it's the boss / ex-boss himself, and both he and Lindsey are pronouncing it Chewmeric (almost like tumor-ric). It's TURmeric.

It should be 'termeric' but, lack of basic spelling skill and a few erroneous pronunciations by, say, a TV chef cemented this way of saying the word. It is wrong but like Gemporia gold weight in rings, it's become the norm to say either. You just get slammed for being elitist if you point it out. Library, February and Secretary are similar.

Steve flogging a blood pressure monitor on Gemporia a few hours ago. Hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Steve explained how a blood pressure monitor works. Lindsey watching on in astonishment as if the blood pressure monitor was designed yesterday and it's never been seen before.

Steve says "You press on - that is all you do. Nothing else. One button?"

Lindsey says "That's it? So just that blue button".

Yep, well done Lindsey. The 'on' button. Glad you're keeping up so far.............

Steve then explained the difference between Systolic and Diastolic readings. Lindsey chips in "I've never really understood what they are!"

Well, that's no surprise Lindsey. There's not much you do seem to understand............

Now the funny part. Steve said it's "super accurate" and "it'll be more accurate than your doctor doing it because you're in the comfort of your own home".

The ideal blood pressure is usually considered to be between 90/60mm and 120/80mm. Steve said his is usually around 130/75.

Steve check his..........

First Reading: 157/102 (VERY high)
Second Reading: 150/94 (quite high)
Third reading: 148/102 (high - but not dangerously high)
Fourth reading: 123/85 (good/normal)

Then the excuses came - "it's because I'm on live TV", "I'm talking while doing it but it should be done while I'm relaxed", etc.

With erratic readings like that, how can we be certain the machine is "super accurate" and reliable?

Then the shystering started:

Lindsey scraped the barrel by saying her dad had gone into hospital recently because of his heart, and she wishes they'd had one of these to monitor his 'heart pressure' - implying that this £20 device could have helped (it's 'blood pressure' by the way Lindsey, not 'heart pressure'). Then she told another story about her nan that is suffering with Osteoporosis. Of course, this device would have helped with that too, because she said Osteoporosis makes her nan's blood pressure go 'all over the place'. Someone needs to tell her that Osteoporosis affects bone strength and has nothing to do with blood pressure.......

Steve also implied that "most people will have higher blood pressure readings if their doctor does it" because of white coat syndrome.

Whilst this is true to an extent, it is wrong to imply that "most people" will be affected. Some will, some won't. My parents both suffer 'white coat syndrome' - their blood pressures go sky high when they know they're going to have it checked. Mine is unaffected though. Everyone is different. All he needed to say was that some people could be affected by white coat syndrome - and that he recommends buying one to minimise those risks. Honest and more transparent way of selling. Yet again though, they went for the 'worst case scenario' and scaremongering.

Lindsey also asked what a good blood pressure reading is. Steve, correctly, said that 128/80 is considered perfect. However, he then suggested that anything below that is considered good and healthy - but that's not correct. Anything below 90/60mm is too low, and can actually be more dangerous, and harder to rectify, than high blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause longer term damage over many years, such as kidney failure and blindness - but low blood pressure can cause sudden issues - including sudden heart attack or stroke. What Steve should have done is given an 'ideal range' instead - stating what is too high and what is too low. He didn't.

Steve also said he did his Primal products on Sewing Street this morning. Is there any channel safe from health products?

Steve also said he did his Primal products on Sewing Street this morning. Is there any channel safe from health products?
He mentioned that on the bit I saw. Saying he got a comment asking why he's selling 'that' on Sewing Street. Said he, and I paraphrase, every one needs to be healthy. Or words to the effect.

He mentioned that on the bit I saw. Saying he got a comment asking why he's selling 'that' on Sewing Street. Said he, and I paraphrase, every one needs to be healthy. Or words to the effect.

Well he could start by stopping the misleading spiel that the presenters come out with on Gems TV.

That would lower people's blood pressure...........

Steve flogging a blood pressure monitor on Gemporia a few hours ago. Hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Steve explained how a blood pressure monitor works. Lindsey watching on in astonishment as if the blood pressure monitor was designed yesterday and it's never been seen before.

Steve says "You press on - that is all you do. Nothing else. One button?"

Lindsey says "That's it? So just that blue button".

Yep, well done Lindsey. The 'on' button. Glad you're keeping up so far.............

Steve then explained the difference between Systolic and Diastolic readings. Lindsey chips in "I've never really understood what they are!"

Well, that's no surprise Lindsey. There's not much you do seem to understand............

Now the funny part. Steve said it's "super accurate" and "it'll be more accurate than your doctor doing it because you're in the comfort of your own home".

The ideal blood pressure is usually considered to be between 90/60mm and 120/80mm. Steve said his is usually around 130/75.

Steve check his..........

First Reading: 157/102 (VERY high)
Second Reading: 150/94 (quite high)
Third reading: 148/102 (high - but not dangerously high)
Fourth reading: 123/85 (good/normal)

Then the excuses came - "it's because I'm on live TV", "I'm talking while doing it but it should be done while I'm relaxed", etc.

With erratic readings like that, how can we be certain the machine is "super accurate" and reliable?

Then the shystering started:

Lindsey scraped the barrel by saying her dad had gone into hospital recently because of his heart, and she wishes they'd had one of these to monitor his 'heart pressure' - implying that this £20 device could have helped (it's 'blood pressure' by the way Lindsey, not 'heart pressure'). Then she told another story about her nan that is suffering with Osteoporosis. Of course, this device would have helped with that too, because she said Osteoporosis makes her nan's blood pressure go 'all over the place'. Someone needs to tell her that Osteoporosis affects bone strength and has nothing to do with blood pressure.......

Steve also implied that "most people will have higher blood pressure readings if their doctor does it" because of white coat syndrome.

Whilst this is true to an extent, it is wrong to imply that "most people" will be affected. Some will, some won't. My parents both suffer 'white coat syndrome' - their blood pressures go sky high when they know they're going to have it checked. Mine is unaffected though. Everyone is different. All he needed to say was that some people could be affected by white coat syndrome - and that he recommends buying one to minimise those risks. Honest and more transparent way of selling. Yet again though, they went for the 'worst case scenario' and scaremongering.

Lindsey also asked what a good blood pressure reading is. Steve, correctly, said that 128/80 is considered perfect. However, he then suggested that anything below that is considered good and healthy - but that's not correct. Anything below 90/60mm is too low, and can actually be more dangerous, and harder to rectify, than high blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause longer term damage over many years, such as kidney failure and blindness - but low blood pressure can cause sudden issues - including sudden heart attack or stroke. What Steve should have done is given an 'ideal range' instead - stating what is too high and what is too low. He didn't.

I find the advice it seems he's giving really dangerous, not just dodgy. There are people who will believe every word of what's said on air, and OK, we know these things usually come with an information leaflet, but there are a lot of people who don't bother reading the leaflet but will have listened to what is in some cases erroneous information on a very important topic, and will rely on that. He really should not be giving out this kind of information to viewers - since when was he medically qualified? And the info. on low blood pressure sounds totally wrong - a niece had this, and it is very serious indeed. Sweeping statements about low BP - or anything else medical come to that - should not be made. I find this really irresponsible.

Latest posts

Back