General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm with you @Latearrival

Personally, I won't use Amazon at all, any of their online/TV/delivery services until they pay proper tax on their UK operations. It even annoys me if I buy from elsewhere and they use Amazon shipping without my knowledge.

It would only take a couple of weeks if the UK customer base boycotted all Amazon UK services, for them to reassess their tax position and pay fair taxes to UK plc.

Isn't that drop shipping? Whoever you bought it from doesn't have stock. They pretend to, but they actually just buy it from Amazon for you and get it sent it your address. Amazon still gets your money, but you pay someone else a few quid for the privilege of ordering it for you.

I'd just cut out the middle man 💁🏻‍♂️.

Amazon have third-party sellers of course, but if Amazon doesn't hold their stock in its warehouse (e.g., like the stuff TJC sell on there) it can't be sent by an Amazon courier. Thus, if it arrives by one, or in an Amazon box, that's a giveaway you've bought from a drop shipper.

(AliExpress has embraced drop-shippers - for a small fee, it'll send packages out with a different company name on the packet. I sometimes wonder if IW3's "order today and it'll arrive in 2-4 weeks" items are using that…).

That said, Amazon is increasingly full of junk anyway: flood of shonky Chinese products for everything imaginable, identical items sold under 50 different (made up, seemingly randomly generated) brand names, varying prices, backed up by fake reviews, "Vine" reviews (i.e. they get a free product if they leave a review), and pseudo-real reviews, i.e. real people using using AI to write it so saying absolutely nothing of subjective or specific substance about the item, just generic marketing speak).

And the amount of "sponsored" products you now have to scroll through when trying to find something you want - the first 4 results are sponsored, and usually completely irrelevant, then every 6th one is. if I'm searching for Whiskas cat food, I expect to see Whiskas cat food as the first results, not XYSHFNA Feline Food, Supa-Cat Worming Tablets, Copper Socks, and Amazon own brand cat milk.

I've gone off on a tangent — apologies! 😂

Last edited:
Really enjoying this new channel, we've already bought the glue and the waterless wash n wax, our only criticism is please can it been shown when it's a replay/repeat there seems to be a lot of them ! Or a schedule on the website saying when it's a new live show. Shona is a brilliant presenter and although we've seen her before she's really seems to have settled in here and is a joy to watch, especially after watching the other lot on IW.

Really enjoying this new channel, we've already bought the glue and the waterless wash n wax, our only criticism is please can it been shown when it's a replay/repeat there seems to be a lot of them ! Or a schedule on the website saying when it's a new live show. Shona is a brilliant presenter and although we've seen her before she's really seems to have settled in here and is a joy to watch, especially after watching the other lot on IW.
I haven’t bought the glue yet and await your critique with interest. Been using the waterless wax for years on our caravan and so far had no complains

I haven’t bought the glue yet and await your critique with interest. Been using the waterless wax for years on our caravan and so far had no complains

I use it around the house, great for windows, shower, sinks etc. Although i usually get from assured products from their ebay or Amazon store, usually cheaper buying bigger sizes and decanting to 1 litre bottle for using.

Depends surely on why live broadcasting has been suspended as The Insider states. They haven’t given a reason directly but a worrying implication. It could be for technical reasons rather than going bust. How can you go bust after a few days? Probably one of their people like Alex needs to clarify the situation after this.

Isn't that drop shipping? Whoever you bought it from doesn't have stock. They pretend to, but they actually just buy it from Amazon for you and get it sent it your address. Amazon still gets your money, but you pay someone else a few quid for the privilege of ordering it for you.

I'd just cut out the middle man 💁🏻‍♂️.

Amazon have third-party sellers of course, but if Amazon doesn't hold their stock in its warehouse (e.g., like the stuff TJC sell on there) it can't be sent by an Amazon courier. Thus, if it arrives by one, or in an Amazon box, that's a giveaway you've bought from a drop shipper.
In short, yes it can be drop-shipping, but it can also be a 3rd party using Amazon delivery service only.
Either way, I pay the least amount of cash to Amazon myself.
I used to order from one food supplier on the south coast, it comes from their depot, but they use Amazon to collect/deliver the package. It does not come in an Amazon box or tape and the receipt is from the supplier in the box, not Amazon. I have had accidental Amazon drop shipped products where it's come in Amazon package and the Amazon order receipt inside. I was.not happy.

It says they offer delivery services on the package tracking page, which I can't use because the supplier has the account between themselves and the Amazon delivery service login.

Last edited:
The repeats (Best of the Day) for SeenonTV are still playing on Freeview 94/79 at midnight. But that may be automatic or currently out of their control.

Any update on SeenOnTV being a going concern or not?

Has anyone whatsapped them?

It all seems very odd. The Insider seems to very much know what they are talking about generally and the final comment in their post about “thoughts being with the crew..” implies at least some sort of crisis linked to the repeats output. But surely, as I said, a TV shopping channel doesn't ‘go under’ in less than a week?

In terms of their website, it is still possible to progress orders up to pre-payment as of this morning. I obviously wouldn’t want to test it a step further!

I really hope there's no issues, they are still showing repeats, but maybe sales aren't good. Tuesday morning around 7am my other half bought the glue, her reference number was 0R0000870, last night around 7pm a whole 36 hours between the orders I bought the waterless wax, my order number was the same prefix followed by 905 is that 35 sales in all that time?
Hoping everything is OK with the channel and the presenters all of whom were doing a really good job.

They must have had some sort of contingency over some months plan for slow sales to start with. Although, if that order sequence is correct in terms of indicating to overall products numbers sold in sequence, then that is a very low figure increase between orders. But surely not a concerning enough issue to stop broadcasting live, and so soon.

Hi everyone, we have had a few technical issues which happened yesterday afternoon so we are playing out tapes of shows at the moment while we try and get it fixed. Anyone ordering off the shows will still receive there orders. @grabanger let me know if there are any issues with the waterless wax and glue and I’ll get it sorted for you. Apologies, this dropped on us yesterday but we are working on getting it fixed. Bear with me I will respond later.

Latest posts

Back