General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’m in the same age bracket as you Late Arrival. I rarely watch TV live and either record or watch on catchup. Apart from shopping channels that is. If there’s something I see that I need, I always check online to compare prices. A good majority of time I can get elsewhere for cheaper and with no p&p (especially if on QVC) and next day delivery in most cases. I don’t go with this flipping “influencer” or TikTok rubbish. If I want to know more about a product I’ll look at the manufacturer website. As I’m disabled, purchasing online is a godsend to me.

Fortunately I’m computer literate as been using them since 1972. It still amazes me that what used to fill a whole of the office block I worked in, can now fit onto a phone or tablet. What used to take days now takes nano seconds.

Exactly, Posting on here, while trying hard to get back to live programming, especially when Alex has much bigger issues than posting
It was a good thing to do because rumours will start.

The Insider implied the live broadcasting had been suspended because it had gone under. Didn't actually say that but there was a comment about feeling sorry for the staff.

If The Insider does work in, or has connections with selly telly it's probably for another channel so would have no hesitation making comments like that to encourage negative rumours. Unless they know something that we don't.

I appreciate it must be difficult to establish a new channel and set up a customer base but I couldn't imagine it going under so soon.

I think that is the issue that has set the cat amongst the pigeons, so to speak. The post was framed along the lines they’d gone tits up. No further elaborating but certainly sets the seed of early failure of the new channel. Now, whatever people like Alex say, it now sets a thought process in people that the channel is struggling, regardless of whatever the actual facts are. Like a rival car boot sale table saying over a megaphone that your table is full of dodgy goods. Not saying Ideal World is the televisual equivalent of a car boot sale table, just to make it clear. I wouldn’t want to insult car boot sale tables.

Last edited:
I doubt the channel is struggling financially apart from the initial outlay thet would be needed to get going which would have been expected launching any new business, also pretty sure they didn't expect to have massive sales and money flooding in at launch, they would have allowed a certain time,for the channel to become known and attract customers before they started making money/profit.
If there was any worry over money, business going under, i would assume the channel would be off air, i doubt sky, freeview etc would happily let a channel broadcast even repeats that hasn't money to pay them for carriage.

That's my only problem with the channel please will they show on screen when they are showing a reply or tell us the actual time of the live broadcasts please Alex

Broadcast switched from HB Iron (Den) to Rediffusion fan at 1pm and it looks live, the stippled wall background ,but have seen same product/presenter (is that Shona? New to me) before, so maybe repeats still?

Seen on TV says they are on Freeview 79, but the Freeview app official website says it is on 94? Are there regional differences?

Broadcast switched from HB Iron (Den) to Rediffusion fan at 1pm and it looks live, the stippled wall background ,but have seen same product/presenter (is that Shona? New to me) before, so maybe repeats still?

Seen on TV says they are on Freeview 79, but the Freeview app official website says it is on 94? Are there regional differences?
I think Simon said on opening Day, Freeview gave them channel 94, But they paid or leased or whatever you do channel 79.

It’s hard to tell if live

Yes it’s Shona

I'm 99% sure that the presentation by Shona doing the fans was another repeat, she's wearing the same outfit as she wore the last time I saw her do them, and although I didn't watch it again fully some of the quirky phrases rang a bell

Hi everyone, yes, it’s repeats at the moment as we are trying to resolve a technical issue here and it’s not fair for us to come on live, then go to a tape, then live etc so we are playing repeat shows while we get it fixed. I appreciate for our regular customers / viewers you want to see new products and interaction so it’s not fair for you to be wondering if we are live or not. I will let you know as soon as we can get back on air live as it’s frustrating here for us as well because I would rather be chatting to you about pillows and bedding 😂😂.
As many of you have mentioned we really are a small dedicated team and a start up so just trying to sort out these teething problems and get back to what we love doing. I will keep you updated but for now it’s repeated shows so we can at least continue to grow our audience and sell items while we get it fixed.😊 thank you for being patient.

Hi everyone, yes, it’s repeats at the moment as we are trying to resolve a technical issue here and it’s not fair for us to come on live, then go to a tape, then live etc so we are playing repeat shows while we get it fixed. I appreciate for our regular customers / viewers you want to see new products and interaction so it’s not fair for you to be wondering if we are live or not. I will let you know as soon as we can get back on air live as it’s frustrating here for us as well because I would rather be chatting to you about pillows and bedding 😂😂.
As many of you have mentioned we really are a small dedicated team and a start up so just trying to sort out these teething problems and get back to what we love doing. I will keep you updated but for now it’s repeated shows so we can at least continue to grow our audience and sell items while we get it fixed.😊 thank you for being patient.
Thank you Alex

I think Simon said on opening Day, Freeview gave them channel 94, But they paid or leased or whatever you do channel 79.

It’s hard to tell if live

Yes it’s Shona
Well I get it on 79, the Freeview site says 94, and other forum members say they are getting it on 94 in the South West.

I did see on digitalspy some discussion that it was on 94 nationally and 73 in Manchester locally so there may be regional differences and/or duplication on both.

A "technical issue" isn't accurate but c'est la vie, the truth always comes out in the end.

Interesting to see that today they've changed their TikTok profile name from Seen on TV Limited to Seen on TikTok Limited - a new company setup by Simon last month. Probably a wise move to separate their profitable TikTok Shop from the cash cow TV channel although I can't imagine TikTok will be happy about their name being exploited.

Latest posts

Back