Percy and Reed Wonder Balm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
Anybody tried this, do you recommend, can’t live without, transformative? I use Dreamcoat which I like but, like my brows 🤪, am always looking for a better product. TIA 🥰

I’m desperate for something to make my hair look half decent for more than an hour after I’ve washed it.

I feel your pain EM. My daughter is fed up with my hair in a pony.

Don’t rate wonder balm - doesn’t do anything for my hair.
Love dreamcoat and the one for curly hair
Also sometimes use the Aussie SOS Humidity saviour spray when I’m going au naturel ( which is most days during lockdown)

I use Aussie but haven’t seen the SOS, I’ll look out for it, thanks jordie.

The only product of theirs that I’ve tried is their dry shampoo. I won’t be using it again because it made my hair sticky, so I’ve gone back to Batiste.

Aveda's Damage Remedy Leave-in is amazing for my hair.

I use Dreamcoat if it's going to be damp as it's a kind of insurance policy but I love the Aveda for other days.

If you use a straightener take a look at L'Oreal's Steampod. It "fixes" my hair better than anything else I've used.

Aussie products are very good. As I've got older though my hair has gone mad and it's hard to get it looking OK. I've heard about steampod before, maybe it's a Christmas present this year.

CC

Aveda's Damage Remedy Leave-in is amazing for my hair.

I use Dreamcoat if it's going to be damp as it's a kind of insurance policy but I love the Aveda for other days.

If you use a straightener take a look at L'Oreal's Steampod. It "fixes" my hair better than anything else I've used.
Still love my Steampod best frizzy hair tool ever x

Still love my Steampod best frizzy hair tool ever x

Isn't it? I'm looking at the new version with the tank onboard as mine is getting on a bit now. It looks easier to handle but I'm not sure. I've had something similar in the past and it just leaked.

I recommended it to a friend who has gone through two to my one but still uses tap water. I've babied mine with distilled from the start even though we're in a soft water area.

I've used my old GHDs whenever I've gone away but they can't hold a candle to the Steampod. Plus the damage is noticeable even after a week of use compared to SP.

Isn't it? I'm looking at the new version with the tank onboard as mine is getting on a bit now. It looks easier to handle but I'm not sure. I've had something similar in the past and it just leaked.

I recommended it to a friend who has gone through two to my one but still uses tap water. I've babied mine with distilled from the start even though we're in a soft water area.

I've used my old GHDs whenever I've gone away but they can't hold a candle to the Steampod. Plus the damage is noticeable even after a week of use compared to SP.
I am on my 2nd the 1st died but I used tap water. I now use di-ionised water, got a big 5 litre bottle from Amazon. The new model looks good at least you don't have all the long leads getting tangled. If mine dies tomorrow I would buy another, can live without it and can do my full head in about 5 minutes. Air dry hair and then steam. I remember the 70's when my mum straightened my hair with the iron and a piece of brown paper on the ironing board.

I am on my 2nd the 1st died but I used tap water. I now use di-ionised water, got a big 5 litre bottle from Amazon. The new model looks good at least you don't have all the long leads getting tangled. If mine dies tomorrow I would buy another, can live without it and can do my full head in about 5 minutes. Air dry hair and then steam. I remember the 70's when my mum straightened my hair with the iron and a piece of brown paper on the ironing board.

I tried air-drying but it got too... wonky at the roots and I couldn't get close enough to sort them out. I can do mine in 5 minutes but it's not as polished-looking as if I take care and more time - then it stays straight for days and looks shiny and swishy. Like the hair I prayed for as a little girl. I just wish it was a permanent effect. I could go the chemical route again but the last few times caused big breakage problems where there was overlap at touch-ups.

The new one is calling my name but I'd be really disappointed if it leaked as most sellers seem unwilling to help when electricals go wrong and I don't have the energy for a fight at the moment.

I don't have a problem with the leads as it sits on my dressing table permanently.

Not radical. My hair had grown a lot during lockdown, and I discovered I liked it. Also, my ultra white hair grew out, and while it's still coloured, I've gone for a softer, lighter colour this time.

I've done this though I wish I'd gone radical and shaved my head. I've always wanted to do this simply because I hate my hair so much. I just don't have the guts to do so but what a missed opportunity.

If I had known in March what I knew in May I would have had a buzz cut.

Pre lockdown I had a pixi type cut but by the time lockdown had finished I had a mullet and layers half grown out and not in good condition at all. First cut was still short but longer layers. After 4 weeks it was still easy enough to work with but the front was far too thick so last week I had my second cut and kept the length but had it thinned out. Still not sure what to finally do but next appointment in 5 weeks so a bit of time to see how it goes.

I managed to keep mine in good condition as I had plenty of time for oils and masks etc. No fear of answering the door with an old shower cap on my head :eek:

Latest posts

Back