Whatever happened to mains powered ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I appreciate that battery powered gadgets/xmas ornaments/lights that QVC sell, are easier to move around at will, but having got sucked into that mindset for one year only, I couldn't wait to get back to mains powered with a good old plug !

I've had to resort to Amazon to replace my plug in fairy lights (which I have on all year around my overmantel), and would cost me a fortune in batteries otherwise. As it is I spend enough on batteries for my Lumina faux candles in the hearth, and because its impossible to have mains powered candles, I dont mind that. Actually, it appears to be the way of the world, because there are far more battery to choose from than mains powered which is surprising. I also love the Christmas snowy globe type lanterns, but I'm hard pushed to find a mains plug in of those also !

I have some battery lights in the garden they are beautiful but I swear I have paid for them several times over with the cost of the batteries. Plus I have got fed up of changing them so they are stood standing in the garden with no light. Prefer solar tbh

I’ve always considered battery operated things a bit naff, but for Xmas decorations I’ll make an exception. My fibre optic tree is mains operated and that’s about it. I don’t have enough plug points. I don’t mind rechargeable as in you charge up the battery via the mains before use, but like I say I just don’t have enough plug points to plug in all the decs. Plug points aren’t always where you want them either. Don’t like battery operated appliances though ( oo er!) you need proper power for those!

Fairy lights are one thing as they have a short life span anyway but for household gadgets like vacs a replacement battery pack is either out of production or costs half the cost of the item.

Handy when all goes well until the s hits the fan.

I guess this thread was inspired by today's tsv...the battery operated light strings? Yeah they look pretty, and I have to say that it makes a change to see something cheap n' cheerful as opposed to unaffordable or cheap and nasty tat. I guess this could come under the "tat umbrella" but I think christmas decorations benefit from being a bit tacky. I think they'd be lovely strategically placed around the house, as long as you're able to conceal the ugly battery packs ok..but quite honestly I couldn't be bothered with all the faff!

Fairy lights are one thing as they have a short life span anyway but for household gadgets like vacs a replacement battery pack is either out of production or costs half the cost of the item.

Handy when all goes well until the s hits the fan.

LATI I would agree that the battery f/lights don't last long, but my plug in f/lights I've had almost 2 years - on every day, and are now just starting to dim down - hence hunting around for more.

Latest posts

Back