USA vs. Europe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I mean no disrespect with this, but last time I looked, Great Britain was part of Europe, so why is there such an emphasis on American products on QVC? I don't mean today directly, but just overall. Lots of American designers and American sourced products. There must be a load of stuff that could be sourced from Europe, that would be as good, or better. I would presume it could be cheaper too as it's all a lot closer (although I guess it all comes out of China to start with!).

I would imagine it is because QVC is American owned and because their great buying power really only stretches to things Americans want to buy. We get the leftovers. :mysmilie_478:

QVC is a US company, QVC UK is an off shoot of the parent company. I think QVC US still have a lot of say in many products sold on QVC UK so most are US brands.

Liz Earle(well they are now Avon so American now)
Elemis UK brand
Gatineau are something to do with Revelon(sp)
Delcleor French
Michele Hope UK Barbie

My mother was commenting on exactly the same thing today! She's not particularly bothered as it is different (I'll leave it your own imagination over that) to the stuff you get here on the high street. From my POV, if you are going to be buying on QVC you might as well get something different from the norm. Besides, I tend to find the US sellers/designers are far more into selling their wares far more enthusiastically than Europeans.

I do think QVC US do have a say in what the UK has so if they do why don't the UK stock what they have? They have supersizes , a lot more Auto Deliveries I even saw 5 easy pays (not on beauty though!) maybe they ought to on Perricone?

There are fab Laura Geller kits , Mally and Philosophy that we don't see.

The weirdest thing is L'Occitane, my favourite super size shower cremes in Lavender and Verbena are stocked in US on normal stock and Auto delivery yet Alexis said that they were a limited editon and once stock was gone that was it but they've had them for ages so if they have kept them going how come the UK can't have them? :sad:

Ooh sound like a right moaning minnie....off for a lie down! :giggle:

Well 4 easy is the max you can have in the UK without interest having to be charged, so that is why QVC UK can only give 4 and not 5 as they do in the US.

As for the super sizes and audio delivery, well their customer base is massive compare to the size of the UK. Therefore they can get better deals with the companies. Also the dollar to sterling exchange range is not what is used to be so it costs a lot more to supply QVC UK with US brands.

Look at the prices we used to get with Smashbox TSVs five or six items for just over £20, now they are in the mid £30s and higher.

Lets be honest QVC UK is not as important to the US brands as QVC US is.

Latest posts

Back