QVC profits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just decided my money is best spent elsewhere.I have used the returns policy when I wanted to try something, like a Dyson hairdryer to see if it really was worth the hype.It wasn’t for me so returned.That return cost me so much I said ‘never again’.In the past if there was a TSV with a couple of items I wanted but ignore the rest, I would buy.Now the whole package has got to be ‘a want’.I rarely watch live these days & when I do it is like Groundhog Day.This once QVC fan has definitely left the fold.

I have never had a problem with QVC or if I have it has been resolved OK, never received an obviously used/returned item.They have so much more competition these days and we all look around for the best deal.QVC may be the best but if it is something you know you won’t return and factor in the P&P charge.EZP is fine unless it pushes you to spend more than you can afford, ‘spreading the cost’ then Christmas purchases are still around at Easter.

I have just decided my money is best spent elsewhere.I have used the returns policy when I wanted to try something, like a Dyson hairdryer to see if it really was worth the hype.It wasn’t for me so returned.That return cost me so much I said ‘never again’.In the past if there was a TSV with a couple of items I wanted but ignore the rest, I would buy.Now the whole package has got to be ‘a want’.I rarely watch live these days & when I do it is like Groundhog Day.This once QVC fan has definitely left the fold.
That resonates with me! I too will only buy now if I want/like the whole package. And I never watch live shows. I get more honest information from this forum than from QVC.

I've noticed that the Metabolic Gold capsules, that helped AY shed the pounds have disappeared from their website. The price they were offering them at did seem unsustainable - the cheapest you can get them elsewhere, on a subscribe-and-save offer is £29.95 plus P&P. I see to recall they were offering two for just under £35.00 plus P&P.

I've noticed that the Metabolic Gold capsules, that helped AY shed the pounds have disappeared from their website. The price they were offering them at did seem unsustainable - the cheapest you can get them elsewhere, on a subscribe-and-save offer is £29.95 plus P&P. I see to recall they were offering two for just under £35.00 plus P&P.
Do you believe these capsules led to her weight loss? If she is diabetic, she would be eligible for the prescription injections that really do work by lessening the appetite. She looks so much slimmer on her face and body. Good for her, but her pushy sales pitch and unattractive voice are exactly the same!!

Do you believe these capsules led to her weight loss? If she is diabetic, she would be eligible for the prescription injections that really do work by lessening the appetite. She looks so much slimmer on her face and body. Good for her, but her pushy sales pitch and unattractive voice are exactly the same!!
She attributed it to those and to eating sensibly on her website. The next thing, they were available on QVC...

I notice from a QVC US Facebook ‘fan’ group that QVC US (not clear if it’s the actual holding company) has a debt of $2 billion.

Group members are speculating it’s shortfalls from easy pays, increased postage costs, salaries/commissions for presenters and guests. Plus losses from a fire in a distribution centre. Dunno about this last one - should be covered by insurance and not just shown on accounts as a financial loss.

I suspect the debt is mainly formal borrowing - restructuring loans, venture capitalist ‘investment’ etc.

Re QVC UK - I suppose it depends on the specific parts of their accounts (profit & loss, balance sheets etc) where the shortfalls occur.

They will be able to analyse and come up with changes to their business model. I wonder if they do this as an ongoing ‘exercise’ ? Should be relatively easy to ID the issues but maybe not easy to resolve ?

Amazon ( I know they have a connection with them though ) and Argos are big players these days ( Argos customer service is fab 👍) They deliver on actual day of delivery if you pay extra ? Or something like that
It’s like Royal Mail .. they are so outdated
Most couriers let you know where they are .. who they are .. who their doctor and invite you to their weddings ( lol not really but you get the gist ) but Royal Mail .. not as up to date as many main ones from what I can see ( unless others have better experiences )
EBay are the worst. Sellers have no interest in sending items quickly. Ebay give them too much time to send it. Pathetic really.

EBay are the worst. Sellers have no interest in sending items quickly. Ebay give them too much time to send it. Pathetic really.
Oh I’ve been really lucky with EBay to be fair. Get my items quickly from one seller anyway lol .. but use them regularly and I ordered a Christmas tree for next year .. they were great .. delayed posting as I was going away for the weekend and had forgotten ..

I woul not have called her hugely overweight.
My friend is diabetic and with carefully managing it she had lost a lot of weight,too much imo.
totally agree with you. I think she's overly concerned about her weight and appearance - I remember not that long ago that she lost a load of weight, and turned into a bit of a lollipop head. All came back on, of course. Poor girl - she should just enjoy her good looks and a bit of pudge, and stop obsessing with it all.

I'm diabetic & can not get my Victoza/Liraglutide Ozempic is also out of stock at ALL the pharmacists

Latest posts

Back