Beauty Day-Bare Minerals TSV 14/7/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
There is a Beauty Day on Saturday 14th July and the TSV is Bare Minerals!

I wonder if it will contain their new ready range

I have some of the ready range (2 blushers, bronzer, eyeshadow duo and quad and tinted mineral veil) and it is superb. It is great not to have the messy powder everywhere. Would be great if they could make the foundation in the ready :thinking:

Lee mentioned on Facebook not that long ago that it would include the big size of the foundation and the jumbo primer, she mentioned another product but I can't recall what that was. Thought she had said 15th though. Glad you told me the right date so I can set a reminder.

I read today that Bare Minerals have said there will be a solid foundation coming out possibly in September - hope so

I find it highly amusing that BE has done a U turn after years of banging on about loose powders...er minerals I should say and now they're doing pressed powders like every other cosmetic company. Surely they're not admitting the entire reason for the brand's existance was a mistake?

Smashbox are the same; for years the best, nay only, way to apply eye liner was to "touch wiggle smudge" with a brush and a pot but now they do pencil liners! Another "innovation" is the browtech to go whereas once upon a time the separate brow powder, brush and wax was the only way to do brows.

Credibility down the toilet!

Jude xx

[
Q
UOTE=still18inmyhead;572214]I read today that Bare Minerals have said there will be a solid foundation coming out possibly in September - hope so[/QUOTE]
Thats strange as I asked the girl on the BE counter when the solid foundation was coming out and she said they will not be as they would have to put too many additives in it so it would not be as natural.
I do hope your right and she was wrong as I really like the pressed eye shadows and blusher.
Lynn

Pss!!!!!! Some gossip about the new solid versions. A woman who is a big BE user and posts on the QVC community board in the US. Was at a BE counter over there and was chatting to a makeup artist. Seems that BE are worried about law suits as so many doctors in the US are now saying you are inhaling these loose products and over time could possibly cause lung damage!!!!!! So Shiseido who own BE are covering themselves from someone coming forward and suing. There is a doctor who has a TV show over there and he has been saying for well over a year about inhaling cosmetics over time etc.

Oh dear this is a bit worrying. I wonder if theres any truth in it. I must admit the thought of all the dust from mineral makeup has crossed my mind but I quickly dismissed any concern as the stuff gives such good results and I just assumed it was safe. I have used B M for a couple of years along with laura Geller B N B (depends which I fancy on a morning!). Have to say I never load up the brush that much as to have clouds of dust flying around though!

Thats quite shocking news Donna! Bet we wont ever hear Leigh or SJ mention any such risks when the phase in the new products!

Not a huge fan of B.E. but bought a kit a few years back from the high street (shock horror!! A.Y.) I dip into now and again as I refuse to bin things. Waste not want not and all that. I am drawn to the eye shadows on display as I'm a total colour magpie and last time I was in 'samurai shopping' mode I bought a Buxom gloss in Dolly which I love. Anyhoooo surely all powder make-up, pressed or not will become air born and be inhaled. The worst offender will have to be Mally finishing powder as it's 'lighter than air' they tell us! Straight up the nostrils then. The way forward has to be liquid foundation and cream blushes and shadows. B.E. can do it for the eyes why can they formulate for the rest of the range. That I would try.

Pss!!!!!! Some gossip about the new solid versions. A woman who is a big BE user and posts on the QVC community board in the US. Was at a BE counter over there and was chatting to a makeup artist. Seems that BE are worried about law suits as so many doctors in the US are now saying you are inhaling these loose products and over time could possibly cause lung damage!!!!!! So Shiseido who own BE are covering themselves from someone coming forward and suing. There is a doctor who has a TV show over there and he has been saying for well over a year about inhaling cosmetics over time etc.

OMG. Whatever will our friends over the pond come up with next? Hands up all those who have had trouble with their lungs after applying loose powder for all these years! Hey, wait a minute.... What about pressed powders and powder blusher... after all, don't they turn to powdery dust once on the brush! Sounds like the make up girl on the counter was off on one and has probably been "fired" by now.

I know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, and I have now had a couple of glasses of wine whilst hubby watches the footy, but FOR GAWD'S SAKE!!!!!

I remember reading about the dangers of inhaling talcum powder years ago & consequently never used it on my babies or myself.

I don't use neat talc either, but if the warnings are now extending to powder blush or foundation then we may as well don gas masks and white suits whenever we go outside.

...... and what about babies and mothers using baby powder OMG

I just like the ready stuff as it is less messy than the loose stuff.

Yes years ago, the big perfume houses(well most of them),discontinued matching dusting powder. Remember those? A sa I know said at the time it was an EU ruling as they were worried about people with asthma etc. Now I do have asthma and did as a teen leave the bathroom in a cloud of talc in the air after a bath. No I do not connect both these.

I think the thing with BE is, the buffing. You are doing it again and again etc until you get the coverage you want. With loose powder and even compact its usually a quick swipe.

Lots of warnings about baby powder on babies, you no longer shake it about but apply to your hands and gently pat onto baby.

Latest posts

Back