Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse TSV 12/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She also startet her skincare in Germany on HSE some months ago, they seem to be quite good. The products are produced by Judith Williams' company in Austria.

Attachments

• Perfume TSV 1.png
    Perfume TSV 1.png
    946.8 KB · Views: 101
I think it will be skincare. That's her main thing. For older ladies, & 'using' ? ingredients connected with Africa. This launch Has menopause hysteria all over it, but then it wouldn't be suitable for absolutely every single person who has a face...unless of course they identify as women. Yawn. So tiresome.

I think it will be skincare. That's her main thing. For older ladies, & 'using' ? ingredients connected with Africa. This launch Has menopause hysteria all over it, but then it wouldn't be suitable for absolutely every single person who has a face...unless of course they identify as women. Yawn. So tiresome.
its the perfume as ive stated

You buy it (plus postage), you receive it, you smell it, you hate it, you return it {plus postage). Perfume is subjective so unless I'm asked, I hate people buying me perfume and usually end up using it as a room spray. I'm rubbish at picking a nice one. I stalk the perfumeries in Department Stores - cheap niffs from Superdrug et al, smell like cats pee on me, so its expensive or nothing. Then I use white cardboard spills and finish up becoming nose blind, so I walk off with 2 different smells on my wrists for an hour, and I still cant decide. Saying that I currently use Creed White Mountain water, and its divine.

Motsi Mabusi - (groan) are we to now see more tv slebs being used to promote beauty ? Its happened with fashion and Diamoneek, so now its the turn of beauty. Nothing puts me off more than seeing yet another sleb filling her boots with cash just for putting her name to a product.

Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse Dancing Violet EDP 100ml
Item Number249278
QVC Price £36.00
TSV Price £29.98
P&P £2.95

Experience the optimism and authenticity of Dancing Violet Eau de Parfum from Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse, launching for the first time here at QVC. Courtesy of the beloved dance idol and TV star, this invigorating fragrance boasts beautiful top notes of pear, blackcurrant and pink pepper, mingling with an enchanting floral heart of orange blossom and jasmine and a sensual base of musk, amber and caramel. Encapsulating Motsi's passion for self-acceptance and expressing your true self, Dancing Violet offers an uplifting melody of scent you'll love.

*A great saving: If you were to buy this Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse Dancing Violet EDP 100ml from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £36 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £29.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £6.02.

Brand new for you - discover the launch of this stunning perfume right here at QVC, and be one of the first to sample its intoxicating scent. Blended by TV personality and dancing judge to the stars, Motsi Mabuse, this enchanting Eau de Parfum will bring a fresh new twist to your daily routine!

Feel special, every day - Motsi Mabuse believes that true happiness comes from within, and this elegant fragrance will help you feel like your most authentic self. With harmonious and playful notes of pear, blackcurrant, orange blossom and musk, Dancing Violet delivers layers of joy, making it your signature scent for just about anything. Whether you're spritzing it on in the morning before the day begins or it's the finishing touch to your favourite evening outfit, this beautiful fragrance will help inspire you to dance through life unapologetically.

Fragrance notes:
Top notes: neroli, pear, blackcurrant and pink pepper
Heart notes: orange blossom, jasmine and plum
Base notes: musk, amber and caramel

Contains:
1 x Dancing Violet Eau de Parfum (100ml)

I've only seen this woman on 'Strictly' and had never heard of her before, but I am out of the loop as to current British culture so she may well be very famous. She certainly is extremely attractive with her fabulous figure, beautiful face and sometimes outrageous hairstyles. But is showbiz fame enough to succeed in selling new scent on TV? Celebrities like Dani, Ruth, Brenda and Amanda H are doing well, but they're selling tactile goods. Maybe QVC are banking on her perfume selling well as Christmas presents?

Strictly is starting well, the launch show is starting this month. So that is perhaps they are aiming at. She is big in Germany where she lives and judges their version of Strictly.

Those notes just do not grab me, I get the generic feel from. If you want caramel, go for Shay & Blue Salt Caramel, which does actually smell like warm popcorn.

I've said this so many times but I wish that they'd make a set of samples available for a nominal price, or send out those impregnated cards with other orders/mailshots so at least some of the customers will have an idea of what they're buying thus being able to decide whether or not to invest. I've bought perfume blind before to a varying degree of success. I bought a twin pack of Liz taylor White Diamonds/Violet eyes from Bid and loved both of them, so I went on to buy another twin pack of hers Emeralds and rubies (can't remember the full names) and they were both revolting. This is after I bought Tova signature from Q that smelled like fly spray, but undeterred I went on to buy Tova's body and soul which was a lot more pleasant, but I can't say that I loved it - I was stupid in those days I'm now remembering the set of Red Door I bought 'cause I was attracted by the packaging and the spiel (shopping channel but can't remember which) It had staying power alright but sadly it actually was overpowering, I tried to convince myself I loved it but I didn't. I gave it away to a friend to give to her mum as she told me it was her signature scent! The most recent perfume purchase I bought was a £9 sample bottle of Prai Scent of a woman - You know the one "the man magnet" - It was absolutely horrible, one spray gave me a headache and a feeling of nausea in five minutes. It's in my work bag to use as a lavatory bowl spray just in case!!! oh, and a Judith Williams perfume that smelled like a fruit salad, it was a huge bottle but I just used it as a work perfume and I was glad when it ran out.
I love Violet in perfumes, but despite the name of this "dancing violet" - There's no violet in it - and another ****** celeb - For the love of God, no more please!
I'm another one who wouldn't gift perfume unless it was something they wore already, and I've received some proper humdingers in the past! Some I've kept as room sprays and some well they're just sitting on the shelf going off!

I’m amazed there is no violet listed in the notes! I don’t much like the look of the bottle/packaging and don’t think it’s much of a bargain. I do like Motsi but don’t think I’ll be buying this. I do venture into perfume online and give things a go, but it’s a bit of a risk I agree. My neighbours sometimes benefit. I bought an Arpege de Lanvin and it was so bitter and overpowering on my quite tricky skin that I almost threw up. My neighbour quite liked it! I also bought the Eclat version which was very nice on me. This is of course apart from my shedload of Shay & Blue, 😂😂

If it’s only £29.98 for an EDP, I’d be inclined to wonder about its quality as perfume is usually more expensive, for well known brands anyway.

This price point is de rigour for sleb fragrances. I've noticed the Beckhams scents are now in clearance bins in a couple chemist's. Perfect example of name attaching - they make millions for a few years then it's on to the next big product making money. Anyone fool enough to imagine Victoria /David wears a 40 quid scent deserves to smell like drain cleaner !

I agree about a sample set at a nominal price. Creed do that and its a better process at choosing a perfume to suit.

Okay, I have done this before, but time to retell.

Some years back there was a documentary series on the BBC about perfume. The history of Guerlain was one showing the original notebooks from Jacques Guerlain. One episode was about celeb perfumes, so the company approaches a singer, actress etc and offers a deal. Depends on how big you are, how much you will get. The company hires a perfume making company, not your Chanel's etc, but there are perfume companies who just make endless different formulas and sell on. It showed a lab and sorry cannot remember who she was but not famous now sniffing vials with numbers and asked which one she liked. She picked one and that was it, this was going to be her perfume and marketed either with her name or one the company picked. Depending on how well it sells, they might release a flanker smells like the original one but different name. Think Britney Spears and her endless perfumes. Some remain big sellers, others just disappear. And that is how it is done. Of course the celeb will insist that they wear their perfume all the time which is Bullsh*t.

One of the most famous was way back in the early 00s Nicole Kidman was hired as the face of Chanel no5 massive TV ads etc. She was on an American talk show and asked what her favourite perfume and what she wore? She said it was, and I totally forget the full name, but it was rose by the perfume company?

Latest posts

Back