Lovemore by Motsi Mabuse TSV 12/09/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Guerlain's Insolence is my favourite "violet" perfume. I love it and have done for years. Only now they have changed the bottle and the perfume isn't quite as nice, although guerlain reckon they have just changed the packaging. It's still a lovely perfume but just lacking something, no idea what it is. Shame they have to tinker with things that are great the way they are. ☹️

I have never bought a celebrity perfume and never will. Just seems like cheap tat to me. I am a perfume snob though I'm afraid and I will put my hands up to that.

TBH I have never heard of this woman anyway so no danger of me buying this.
I was watching a programme a few years ago about designer scents and the prices.
The women from Guerlain said the cost was justified as "you wouldn't want your cleaning lady wearing the same scent as you".

I was watching a programme a few years ago about designer scents and the prices.
The women from Guerlain said the cost was justified as "you wouldn't want your cleaning lady wearing the same scent as you".
Wow how snobby Is that. I'm afraid I don't have a cleaner. The OH has had to do it all since I have been incapacitated though, does that count as having a cleaner?

I have to admit though when my smelly neighbour starting wearing one of my favourite perfumes, it did rather put me off, because after smelling it mixed with dirt and fag ash a few times, I was unable to "un-smell" it, so I ended up giving her the rest of my bottle. I'm not sure this is snobbery but I have known a few people who have got upset when somebody else has started wearing "their signature scent" - I'd take it as a compliment, but there you go!

Strictly is starting well, the launch show is starting this month. So that is perhaps they are aiming at. She is big in Germany where she lives and judges their version of Strictly.

Those notes just do not grab me, I get the generic feel from. If you want caramel, go for Shay & Blue Salt Caramel, which does actually smell like warm popcorn.

I’m not interested in the perfume but her skin looks flawless, maybe 🤔 I should give it a try.

Wow how snobby Is that. I'm afraid I don't have a cleaner. The OH has had to do it all since I have been incapacitated though, does that count as having a cleaner?
Yes

I'm wearing a perfume called Figi at the moment. It has a pretty scent, but I'd be hard pressed to describe it. The BA from Shay and Blue and Rosa, ex Yankee Candle BA, both have an excellent ability to describe a fragrance. As someone else said, the words' gorgeous' or 'uplifting' just don't cut it.

I don't know if it's me but I think a lot of perfumes now don't seem to have much longevity and I have a very good sense of smell. I recently bought a bottle of chanel no 19 and its just doesn't seem to have much strength, unlike one I had a couple of years back. Miss Dior seems the same, and a friend said the same. I wonder if they are a bit watered down.

I’m not interested in the perfume but her skin looks flawless, maybe 🤔 I should give it a try.
Yes, and isn't that odd? Someone with flawless skin flogging beauty products to "soften" wrinkles. Most ladies of colour have fab skin - just look at the QVC models, and only get wrinkles in real old age. So her using this range is the stuff of Disney.

I don't know if it's me but I think a lot of perfumes now don't seem to have much longevity and I have a very good sense of smell. I recently bought a bottle of chanel no 19 and its just doesn't seem to have much strength, unlike one I had a couple of years back. Miss Dior seems the same, and a friend said the same. I wonder if they are a bit watered down.
I don’t claim to know much about perfumes but listening to a discussion on “smells/aromas/perfumes etc that remind you of times and people, they talked to a perfume “expert”.
He said that perfumes were often reformulated. Sometimes because certain chemicals had to be removed due to research showing them to possibly being allergens etc; in other cases ingredients simply became too expensive or too difficult to source so replacements had to be found.

As for me, Paul Smith’s Rose or Miller and Harris’s Rose Silence are the ones I wear.
Was looking to buy a new Paul Smith one the other day and found it in Argos for £25 for 100ml EDP. No doubt that means it’s too cheap for the self confessed “perfume snobs” , but it’ll do me.

The thing with Guerlain is they do make stuff only available at their boutiques at £500+ a bottle. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't pay that for a perfume.

There used to be the old saying ladies wore Chanel, only mistresses wore Guerlain. Which is funny, as the queen mother wore L'Heure Bleue.

The thing with Guerlain is they do make stuff only available at their boutiques at £500+ a bottle. Even if I had the money, I wouldn't pay that for a perfume.

There used to be the old saying ladies wore Chanel, only mistresses wore Guerlain. Which is funny, as the queen mother wore L'Heure Bleue.
There are some very classy mistresses throughout history. Beautiful intelligent, and highly sought after. Chanel was the mistress of many!

They had to stop using the civet extract and certain mosses I think because of cruelty/ecological issues didn’t they? I’m sure I read that somewhere, and people have since said the classic perfumes no longer smell the same. Maybe the things they banned were the things that also gave it longevity, in the base notes. So maybe yearning back to the now probably unaffordable or discontinued classic perfumes if my youth is a wasted effort. Better to move onwards and upwards? On a positive note though I have had a big change of heart when it comes to S&B Blood Oranges which I disliked at first attempt, then still disliked even though people said it was v nice, but now I really like it. Sorry, rambling on a bit!

They had to stop using the civet extract and certain mosses I think because of cruelty/ecological issues didn’t they? I’m sure I read that somewhere, and people have since said the classic perfumes no longer smell the same. Maybe the things they banned were the things that also gave it longevity, in the base notes. So maybe yearning back to the now probably unaffordable or discontinued classic perfumes if my youth is a wasted effort. Better to move onwards and upwards? On a positive note though I have had a big change of heart when it comes to S&B Blood Oranges which I disliked at first attempt, then still disliked even though people said it was v nice, but now I really like it. Sorry, rambling on a bit!
There’re now selling s&b blood oranges as a men’s fragrance set

I would never pay £500 for a perfume. Gosh what a price. The dearest I have had is Dior's j'adore and miss Dior. They were both bought to me by my brother. I do love Lancome's Tresor and Rosa Excelsor by D & G. I have 4 x 10ml sprays of Shay and Blue but am not keen on any of them.
I had a small bottle of S&B in the Marks n' Sparks advent calendar a few years back, I got the White Peach. I spritzed it into the air in the bedroom and I thought that's lovely but very soon afterwards I felt it was rather sickly and in fact I did actually start to feel a bit sick, I opened the window and sprayed an air freshener to try and get rid of the smell but it hung around for ages. I didn't bother using it on my skin I just popped it into the charity shop donation bag. last year at work I commented up a colleagues lovely perfume, she said she couldn't remember the name but it was something and she got it an M&S advent calendar in a little blue bottle, I said I don't think it's the peach one as I had that in my calendar and I hated it, she said no it's definitely not peach but I'll let you know, she forgot, I forgot and now she's left so I'll never know but it might be worth seeking out some trial sizes as the one she wore was lovely and it's obviously long lasting so worth the money!

They had two bottles of Shay & Blue testers in my local M&S not stock just testers.

So sprayed Blood Oranges, hated it. The other one was Blueberry, Wood knew I would not like, and yes I was correct. The company seem to have a thing for fruit based perfumes, not a fan.

Latest posts

Back