Ann Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gemma1

Registered Shopper
Normally I can take her or leave her. However, on the 9am show the volume of her voice is reaching fever pitch and its exhausting listening to her. Tone it down woman!

Not sure if this belongs on 'cheaper than QVC' thread, but I was quite surprised, whilst watching the Lipstick Queen presentation, because, only the other week I visited Nordstroms, the Same collection was available, These three lipsticks were presented this morning with Anne for £15 each tube, Which sold out. (QVCs had individual packing)
Same at Nordstroms.. (three tubes, approx £32)

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lipstick-queen-discovery-kit/3349123?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=lipstick_queen_%27discovery%27_kit:586226&cm_pla=makeup:women:lip&cm_ven=Froogle,GoogleUK&mr:referralID=NA&mr:trackingCode=85B777AF-1AD1-E111-8EBE-90E2BA0278A8

Last edited:
I've picked up a lot of brand new Lipstick Queen on Ebay for a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Increasingly she does a lot of both sat and sun mornings. Yes, todays wth the elemis she was shrieking through the screen at the 'VALUE' !! it was a cacophony of shrieks and gasps and moans, the like and volume of which reminds me of the numerous lung punctures Iv had Expect more shrieks from them all, and all day long, Young will too be shrieking later at the 'VALUE' Im not spending close to £50 and £6 postage for a 30ml pot of cream and a couple of bottle of bubble bath, oh and a cleanser (Buy the ugly mitts!!) and a bottle 50ML! of 'oil' including we were told that very precious and important skincare ingrediant 'SUNFLOWER' Oil!!

Her voice is so harsh and it really grates on me. Thank goodness for the mute button.

She looks nice in the purple blouse this morning, it's "her" colour. But the hair colour just doesn't suit her skin tone, which in itself is made completely unnatural by all the lurid make up caked on.

I like to hear lots of regional accents but I'm sure she exaggerates hers - to the point where it isn't attractive. (same as Craig with his Bristol twang).

Fair enough if she likes the way she looks and sounds, I just find it off-putting - I paid more attention to her appearance and voice than I did the items being demo'd which isn't the name of the game is it !!!!!!

............ and a bottle 50ML! of 'oil' including we were told that very precious and important skincare ingrediant 'SUNFLOWER' Oil!!

well it does work - I make the most beautiful chips, lovely complexions.

Normally I can take her or leave her. However, on the 9am show the volume of her voice is reaching fever pitch and its exhausting listening to her. Tone it down woman!
The TSV is very good value (if you want at least 2 of the items in it) but everything about the run up, including Keeleys FB tease, the postcards to selected customers, the explicit pictures in the 'adverts', and the early reveal on the night, indicates the vast numbers they have probably committed to in order to get the deal. This is going to require the big sell, so to be fair to AD she was probably under pressure.
I turned over as she's my least fav presenter and I need to resist as I've loads of Elemis already and have a real weakness there! I agree we can expect a day of caterwauling and shrieking.

Anne Dawson and AY get right on my nerves with their non stop shrieking and talking....I start yelling SHUT UP at the screen and then turn off...not sure why Q think this sort of selling is what customers want...I much prefer JR as, once she stops the me me me, shes at least knowledgable about the products and lets the guests speak....JF sounds like a barrow boy with her 'Ive got ten left' ....arghhhhhh! They all drive me mad......I tend to record any hours that interest me and watch on a 20 min delay so i can fast forward through the drivel....:wonder:

i know i keep on bringing this up, but if what they claim really is the true value, why isn't that the 'qvc price' that's crossed through?? why does everyone totally ignore that? what you're saving is a tenner, not over a hundred!

and yes, wekkends are totally out for me since they've been dominated by AD. i didn't even see the dress and hair, changed channel too quick. i don't mean to be unkind but as well as not being able to stand her voice, i don't much like looking at her either.

I do not like her hair blond at all. It makes her look as if she is trying to appear younger than she actually is. I don't watch when she is presenting, anyway, as she is not a favourite of mine. She does not give the impression that she is a 'natural'. Her deportment comes across as being rather affected and, the fact that she appears regularly at weekends, I perceive to indicate that she is using the Q to top up her earnings. (she does run her own company, apparently).

I do not like her hair blond at all. It makes her look as if she is trying to appear younger than she actually is. I don't watch when she is presenting, anyway, as she is not a favourite of mine. She does not give the impression that she is a 'natural'. Her deportment comes across as being rather affected and, the fact that she appears regularly at weekends, I perceive to indicate that she is using the Q to top up her earnings. (she does run her own company, apparently).

more like sat and sun mornings have the least viewers.

Carmel's hair is not good, but even worse on someone old enough to be her mother! On a positive note, AD's presentation this morning prompted me to book a hair cut- am now convinced straggly too-blonde hair is a no-no post 50 ! !:puke:

Latest posts

Back