I am sorry Mikey but ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don't watch him if you don't like him. Simple really.

Im sorry Moet&muffins, its not that I don't like him, I still quite fancy the man but just don't like some of his jokes, and especially the offensive ones, did you hear or approve of what he said last night, for instance.

Im sorry Moet&muffins, its not that I don't like him, I still quite fancy the man but just don't like some of his jokes, and especially the offensive ones, did you hear or approve of what he said last night, for instance.

Mike would never say anything to intentionally
offend anyone. His comment was in jest & it did
not suggest 'drugging women to keep them quiet'
as has been stated here. Kiri was not offended as she
did have a cold which is why the Night Nurse reference
was made. Anyone who knows Mike as I do knows that
he has the utmost respect for women. He is in no way,
shape or form chauvinistic or sexist. He may say things 'tongue
in cheek' but that's absolutely what they are. He treats his
partner very well & is ever the gentleman with her girlfriends.
How many men still open the car door for their partners?
Or hold their coat for them to put in? Mike does. I've seen it.

Mike would never say anything to intentionally
offend anyone. His comment was in jest & it did
not suggest 'drugging women to keep them quiet'
as has been stated here. Kiri was not offended as she
did have a cold which is why the Night Nurse reference
was made. Anyone who knows Mike as I do knows that
he has the utmost respect for women. He is in no way,
shape or form chauvinistic or sexist. He may say things 'tongue
in cheek' but that's absolutely what they are. He treats his
partner very well & is ever the gentleman with her girlfriends.
How many men still open the car door for their partners?
Or hold their coat for them to put in? Mike does. I've seen it.

A good thing doesn't wipe out the bad though. What about when he called the person who hit his L/G's car a mutant. That just taken the wrong way too? That is by far not the only thing he has said either. On that same night he used his position on TV to have a go at a previous tenant. What's the excuse for that?

Kiri may not have found it unreasonable but I bet you if there was ladies or indeed men who have been attacked and drugged first wouldn't see the funny side which is what is the problem. If Mike said that in passing to one person in the office then as long as that person was ok with it then sure that's ok but it wasn't like that was it. He broadcast it to millions of people's homes.

You say if we don't like him don't watch how about if you don't like what we talk about ......

PJ

PS I am not saying I want you gone I am trying to make the point it works both ways

A good thing doesn't wipe out the bad though. What about when he called the person who hit his L/G's car a mutant. That just taken the wrong way too? That is by far not the only thing he has said either. On that same night he used his position on TV to have a go at a previous tenant. What's the excuse for that?

Kiri may not have found it unreasonable but I bet you if there was ladies or indeed men who have been attacked and drugged first wouldn't see the funny side which is what is the problem. If Mike said that in passing to one person in the office then as long as that person was ok with it then sure that's ok but it wasn't like that was it. He broadcast it to millions of people's homes.

You say if we don't like him don't watch how about if you don't like what we talk about ......

PJ

PS I am not saying I want you gone I am trying to make the point it works both ways

I usually try to keep my mouth shut but when you know somebody
that is being personally attacked, I think you might do the same in
attempting to defend them. When his partners car got hit their baby
was in the car so in defence of his family I don't think the word 'mutant'
was particularly harsh.

Moet&muffines, if Iv got your back up, Im sorry. I still will give him a go, anyday, but he surely has to take some responsibility for what he says on television. I don't know how anyone could try and justify what he said last night.

Moet&muffines, if Iv got your back up, Im sorry. I still will give him a go, anyday, but he surely has to take some responsibility for what he says on television. I don't know how anyone could try and justify what he said last night.

You haven't got my back up, please don't think that, I am simply trying to defend someone
I know and in a forum I believe that all opinions should count which is why I come on here
occasionally and say my piece. It was a throwaway comment, very brief & not in any way condoning 'drugging women'
I know him better than that. If you'd have seen it, you would know what I mean.

I usually try to keep my mouth shut but when you know somebody
that is being personally attacked, I think you might do the same in
attempting to defend them. When his partners car got hit their baby
was in the car so in defence of his family I don't think the word 'mutant'
was particularly harsh.

No one is attcking him, we are shocked and appauled by his attitude and remarks. Ok maybe mutant isn't a terrible word but what was bad was him taking to the air waves to critise the person who pranged the car and his tenant. Those people had no right to reply. Anytime on say This Morning or the news makes a comment like Mike did have the right to make a comment back and that is what Mike shouldn't have said it. He used his position on telly to vent on someone who couldn't answer back.

M&M did I miss the answer to the question when someone said are you his lady/goddess?

PJ

You haven't got my back up, please don't think that, I am simply trying to defend someone
I know and in a forum I believe that all opinions should count which is why I come on here
occasionally and say my piece. It was a throwaway comment, very brief & not in any way condoning 'drugging women'
I know him better than that. If you'd have seen it, you would know what I mean.

I just think his comments were indefensible, no matter what his intent, he said it and the words speak for themselves. He should watch that tongue of his, Im sure he has had a dressing down over it, well, one would hope so but this is Bidtv we are talking about!

No one is attcking him, we are shocked and appauled by his attitude and remarks. Ok maybe mutant isn't a terrible word but what was bad was him taking to the air waves to critise the person who pranged the car and his tenant. Those people had no right to reply. Anytime on say This Morning or the news makes a comment like Mike did have the right to make a comment back and that is what Mike shouldn't have said it. He used his position on telly to vent on someone who couldn't answer back.

M&M did I miss the answer to the question when someone said are you his lady/goddess?

PJ

No PJ, I am a friend of hers. I understand what you are saying but he is not the only
presenter to use 'life experiences' in their sell. It's part of being a presenter surely to
say 'I did this...' Or 'the other day this happened...' . People are not named & in some
cases these stories came from years & years ago. I'm sure you've told stories about a
situation in the past, I know you are not in TV but Mike's not in mainstream TV is he?
Some stories by presenters are embellished or made up for comedic effect to make the show more
entertaining. Are you really saying that Peter Kay or Lee Evans can't make jokes about
real life situations? What do you think of their sets? They ARE on mainstream TV and
people they talk about can't answer back either...

No PJ, I am a friend of hers. I understand what you are saying but he is not the only
presenter to use 'life experiences' in their sell. It's part of being a presenter surely to
say 'I did this...' Or 'the other day this happened...' . People are not named & in some
cases these stories came from years & years ago. I'm sure you've told stories about a
situation in the past, I know you are not in TV but Mike's not in mainstream TV is he?
Some stories by presenters are embellished or made up for comedic effect to make the show more
entertaining. Are you really saying that Peter Kay or Lee Evans can't make jokes about
real life situations? What do you think of their sets? They ARE on mainstream TV and
people they talk about can't answer back either...

I don't think a defence of someone doing somehing wrong is to say that others are saying similar. Two wrongs don't make a right. I am not sure why whether I am in TV or no has got anything to do with it can you clarify please?

PJ

I don't think a defence of someone doing somehing wrong is to say that others are saying similar. Two wrongs don't make a right. I am not sure why whether I am in TV or no has got anything to do with it can you clarify please?

PJ

That didn't make sense, I apologise. Stroke that comment. My main point was that many comedians
Make jokes about people or situations when those people mentioned cannot talk back (in response to
your comment). Anyway, we will never agree as we have opposing opinions, and that is fine. I just
wanted to state my opinion (which means nothing, I totally understand) but that's what forums are for.

You say many comedians say these things !But he isn't an adult comedian, in some Benidorm nightclub but a shopping television presenter! That's the point!

Thank you for clarifying I didn't think you meant it like that which is why I didn't go off on one! I am sure if he was my friend I would want to defend him too but surely you must be embarrassed by some of his selling tactics? When he was on quiz call didn't you ever say to him why do you work for a company that rips off the venerable? I would if it was my friend.

PJ

OK so Mason has just finished his shift and done his thank you's to the crew; he also thanked the people at home for watching and said 'I hope I haven't upset anybody too much'
I think that's as close as we're going to get to him saying sorry, showing remorse and acknowledging that he's been offensive!

Latest posts

Back