oh put a sock in it Kathy !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Fed up with listening about Brexit on the news channels, I switched over to Q and there was Kathy Taylor in full verbal diarrhoea - she doesn't draw breath ! and the Cuddl Duds guest couldn't get a word in. She rambled on about her rowing on the Thames and having a coffee in Marlow (where a coffee costs a tenner) and going away for the weekend, on and on and on while the poor guest must have wondered why she bothered to turn up !

Its time she retired and give us all a rest.

Totally agree. It was the point where she said she'd wear one of the items at the Ski Lodge that I shut my ears. I mean we all pop over to the mountains at the weekend don't we? Mountains of ironing is more like it,

CC

Coffee costs a tanner in Marlow? A tenner? For one cup? I dont believe it. Unless it is something amazeballs like that one where the bean passes through a civet or whatever before being retrieved from the poo and then processed. I mean I live in London and am used to paying ridiculous London prices and I have NEVER paid that. Let me guess. She was selling something for £9.50 and said she couldn't even buy a coffee for that amount in Marlow, thats how good the value is. B*****ks!

Mazz, it was figuratively, because if you are able to afford to live in Marlow, then a tenner is like a fiver to the rest of us. You only have to look at Rightmove, and the only property under a million is a 3 bed semi at £750,000. So if Taylor does live in the area, then maybe a ski lodge may well be on her radar !

Fed up with listening about Brexit on the news channels, I switched over to Q and there was Kathy Taylor in full verbal diarrhoea - she doesn't draw breath ! and the Cuddl Duds guest couldn't get a word in. She rambled on about her rowing on the Thames and having a coffee in Marlow (where a coffee costs a tenner) and going away for the weekend, on and on and on while the poor guest must have wondered why she bothered to turn up !

I am a bit concerned about my bank balance over the next few weeks because I too am watching the shopping channels rather than the news. I wonder if their sales will increase over the GE period :mysmilie_19:

I'm not keen on cuddl duds anyway so I gave that a miss and thank goodness I did because Kathy annoys me.

Thanks Brisseles! I too switched over, never had Cuddl Duds but was interested as I feel the cold. OMG Kathy, shut the **** up about yourself & your ****** lifestyle!! Does she not realise she is supposed to be presenting the brands to us at home? She seems to think she is with a personal shopper! Sick to death of presenters being so self absorbed & also ignoring what the guests are saying. The poor woman specifically made a point of stating that the petite sizes were also a smaller fit, not just shorter. A few minutes after, chatty Kathy (remember those dolls in the 70s?) announced the same information as if she had found out something we didn't know already? I do realise it must be difficult to talk with a voice in your ear (I couldn't do it) but she needs to listen. I heard about her rowing, her coffee with Oli, her trip to the butchers or newsagents to get a paper. Who cares?? Did you hear the TMI confession about the PJs? She said she doesn't usually wear them & saw a pair for £99. Her hubby apparently said he preferred her usual choice which I'm presuming is her birthday suit. These presenters live on another planet to most of us, just tell me about the items & let the guests tell us what we need to know. Otherwise, what is the point of them being there? Arghh, rant over!

Yes, I too learned all that about KT today and cringed at her birthday suit comment. I also had a Chatty Kathy doll many moons ago, you pulled a string out of it's back and it told you it's life story whilst trying to sell you a pair of pyjamas :mysmilie_17:

CC

Daring to stick my head over the parapet here, but I didn't find Kathy's chatter that irritating. I didn't think she was showing off, just thinking how a product might work into her own lifestyle. And she did mention people who take their kids to outdoor sports and more everyday things. Also Kathy's certainly not the only presenter who repeats back what the guest has said. Miceal does that virtually every time he has a guest and within a matter of seconds of the guest saying it. But I think we each find different presenters more irritating than others, don't we?

I am a bit concerned about my bank balance over the next few weeks because I too am watching the shopping channels rather than the news. I wonder if their sales will increase over the GE period :mysmilie_19:

I'm not keen on cuddl duds anyway so I gave that a miss and thank goodness I did because Kathy annoys me.

Yes, I totally get you Puffin... Selly Telly should be a safe haven from all the bliddy politicking going on.

If you want some cosy loungewear, I think both Tesco and Asda do some great stuff in the nightwear section that you wouldn't be embarrassed to wear at home and also answer the door in. I've bought stuff from both that I wear at home when I don't want to get into my nightie and they've kept out the draft nicely.

To be fair to Kathy, and other presenters that live in areas with very high property prices, they may have bought and therefore lived there for quite a long time, so would have bought before the prices got so crazy.

I think there are plenty of people who live in "posh" areas who really aren't well heeled at all, they've just been lucky in the timing of when they bought in the locale... and they probably can't afford to buy there again if they need to move. Still it doesn't sit well when they are talking about lifestyles which are not relatable, when they are metaphorically dragging the money out of our purses and wallets while on air.

Daring to stick my head over the parapet here, but I didn't find Kathy's chatter that irritating. I didn't think she was showing off, just thinking how a product might work into her own lifestyle. And she did mention people who take their kids to outdoor sports and more everyday things. Also Kathy's certainly not the only presenter who repeats back what the guest has said. Miceal does that virtually every time he has a guest and within a matter of seconds of the guest saying it. But I think we each find different presenters more irritating than others, don't we?

Nicky - you are totally entitled to a different view on the subject! It's good to have different perspectives.
Yes, Miceal also does the repeating thing, and even though I think he's lovely, I find it irritating.
I think at the moment, a lot of us find Kathy very annoying in general and it's sometimes hard to separate a genuine "for example" comment from a "humble brag".

I haven’t watched KT for a while, I refuse to, well when I say watch I mean seen. That pained expression and stuttering to get the words out made my blood pressure rocket sky high. I also won’t watch because I won’t give Kathy Tayler the satisfaction of me hearing about her amazing lifestyle, and bragging. Most of us have a happy fulfilled life with family we love and are lucky enough to love us back, but the people who are unfortunate not to have loved ones or don’t have a good life, don’t need the likes of Kathy Tayler/Julia Roberts/Chuntley/Fibby Flint constantly bragging about themselves and their life, some people tune in to escape the loneliness and don’t need it rubbing in about what they don’t have by these jumped up, narcissistic, up their own arse, celebrity wannabes also known as QVC presenters. Need I say, and this may sound out there and a bit radical, but some people actually watch QVC to shop.......just sayin’

Yes, I too learned all that about KT today and cringed at her birthday suit comment. I also had a Chatty Kathy doll many moons ago, you pulled a string out of it's back and it told you it's life story whilst trying to sell you a pair of pyjamas :mysmilie_17:

CC

:mysmilie_19:

Me Me Me all the time

It's more KT's manner though than what she actually says. She's quite bossy, aggressive and in the guest's face. It's like "I'm telling you this so shut up and listen". Sort of person that orders for you in a restaurant or buys you a glass of red wine when you really wanted white but she decided that she knew best.

CC

I haven’t watched KT for a while, I refuse to, well when I say watch I mean seen. That pained expression and stuttering to get the words out made my blood pressure rocket sky high. I also won’t watch because I won’t give Kathy Tayler the satisfaction of me hearing about her amazing lifestyle, and bragging. Most of us have a happy fulfilled life with family we love and are lucky enough to love us back, but the people who are unfortunate not to have loved ones or don’t have a good life, don’t need the likes of Kathy Tayler/Julia Roberts/Chuntley/Fibby Flint constantly bragging about themselves and their life, some people tune in to escape the loneliness and don’t need it rubbing in about what they don’t have by these jumped up, narcissistic, up their own arse, celebrity wannabes also known as QVC presenters. Need I say, and this may sound out there and a bit radical, but some people actually watch QVC to shop.......just sayin’

I couldn’t agree more. I am watching less and less because of the presenters. Other people who I know have shopped with QVC have also commented on being put off by the presenters and so avoid the channel. QVC had better take note and not be as smug as most of their presenters.

Nicky - you are totally entitled to a different view on the subject! It's good to have different perspectives.
Yes, Miceal also does the repeating thing, and even though I think he's lovely, I find it irritating.
I think at the moment, a lot of us find Kathy very annoying in general and it's sometimes hard to separate a genuine "for example" comment from a "humble brag".[/QUOTE].
And I know that if someone irritates me a bit, I will find all the things they do and say all the more aggravating! We each have our favourites and ‘unfavourites’ 😉

All of them!

I’m glad others think the same, as I thought it was just me. I also find her extremely rude - talking over the guests.

KT and CS were hosting the Morning Show today. It was like a squawk fest. I felt sorry for the guests.

Latest posts

Back