Yankee Candle TSV 13/01/20 - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
ShoppingTelly.com Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

My TSV is on the way. I'll try one of each over the weekend and let you know what I think. I've got a ginger dusk melt going and it's not great, got as much ginger in it as the dodgy Chinese beef with "ginger" and spring onion that our (now ex) local used to sell. I would call it vanilla dusk with a bit of christmas cookie.

CC

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING
    burning the TSV. don't like the Roseberry on cold sniff at all but the other two are gorgeous. the white floral votive candle is very strong filling my 17 ft bedroom very well same with the green candle. cant wait to get the next drop
    Likes Mollie , Tarketta , candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just got my TSV this morning from Hermes. I was surprised to see a warning sign on the outside and inside of the box listing ingredients which can cause sensitivity and a skin rash. In all the years I've bought Yankee that is the first time I have ever seen that on the packaging. Haven't tried these yet but I will burn one when I get home from work tonight and I'm hoping I get the same result as Boffy.

Just asking, as I've been burning lots of Yankee over Christmas/New Year up to now, I've had a very persistent cough (no cold) and I can't get rid of it (doctor tomorrow). I don't suppose any Yankee ingredients could be causing it??

CC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candycane View Post
    Just got my TSV this morning from Hermes. I was surprised to see a warning sign on the outside and inside of the box listing ingredients which can cause sensitivity and a skin rash. In all the years I've bought Yankee that is the first time I have ever seen that on the packaging. Haven't tried these yet but I will burn one when I get home from work tonight and I'm hoping I get the same result as Boffy.

Just asking, as I've been burning lots of Yankee over Christmas/New Year up to now, I've had a very persistent cough (no cold) and I can't get rid of it (doctor tomorrow). I don't suppose any Yankee ingredients could be causing it??

CC
    I get that with Midnight Jasmine CC. I can still taste it for days afterwards as well.
    Thanks candycane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

you just never know
    Thanks Mollie thanked for this post
    Likes Twilight liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sazza View Post
    Putting melt in silicone cake case works well
    That sounds an excellent tip - shame I was in B+M today and could have picked up - although on the plus side they did have YC melts at 89p each including lavender which is my large candle at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by boffy View Post
    burning the TSV. don't like the Roseberry on cold sniff at all but the other two are gorgeous. the white floral votive candle is very strong filling my 17 ft bedroom very well same with the green candle. cant wait to get the next drop
    I agree Boffy the green and white are lovely. Was worried the rosebery would be very sweet but it is thankfully more fresh to me - a kitchen burn though, I wouldn't want to sit in a room full of it
    Last edited by Sazza; 17-01-2020 at 09:11 PM.
    Thanks boffy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm burning the afternoon escape one in my melt burner, can't say it's that strong to be honest. I suspect I wouldn't be able to smell it if it was just one tealight. Need to try the others before I decide whether or not to keep it. Could be my nose though.

CC
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candycane View Post
    I'm burning the afternoon escape one in my melt burner, can't say it's that strong to be honest. I suspect I wouldn't be able to smell it if it was just one tealight. Need to try the others before I decide whether or not to keep it. Could be my nose though.

CC
    the samplers are really strong imo the white floral is stronger than the green candle but still fills a large room
    Likes candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie View Post
    That sounds an excellent tip - shame I was in B+M today and could have picked up - although on the plus side they did have YC melts at 89p each including lavender which is my large candle at the moment

I agree Boffy the green and white are lovely. Was worried the rosebery would be very sweet but it is thankfully more fresh to me - a kitchen burn though, I wouldn't want to sit in a room full of it
    I am not a fruit candle person they make me feel queasy apple and melon fragances are the worst offenders. this Roseberry has a melon rose and fruit twang
    Likes Mollie liked this post