Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 13/01/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it me???
I'm actually watching QVC and Ruth Langsford is on flogging her stuff. It really must be me, I honestly wouldn't dream of wearing any of her "designs" if they were free, let alone pay the silly prices she's asking.
I mean, £33 +£4 p and for a long sleeved tee shirt with little girly hearts on the front, being flogged under the guise of, it's almost Valentine's day! Really! And what does Jackie Kabler look like - pigeon toed, silly cuffed denims and a hideous faux suede jacket with, wait for it, leopard print turn back cuffs!! I had something similar in the 90's when I was a young thing. Time to switch over, I don't belong in their club, obviously.
Before I go, ordered a few tunic tops from Roman, in their sale. £16 each. No p and p. Arrived in 3 days. Only kept one, went one back, money refunded to my account within 5 days.
Enjoy your evening everyone.
She's charging just a a couple of pence less for her basic plain short sleeved t-shirt and then tries to justify the ridiculous price by telling us it has a high percentage of modal (whatever that is) I'm guessing it gives the fabric a bit more substance and that it in turns helps it keep its shape. To be honest, and I'm sure I'm not alone here to say that I've bought T shirts from Primark for a fiver and that they've washed up well, and kept their colour and shape!
If I ever flick onto QVC these days I seem to ‘hit’ a RL session.I am lost as to why these garments seem to be so popular.I am no youngster fashionista but everything I see from ‘designer, not’ Ruth is so deadly dull and dated.I wouldn’t even be slightly tempted to try anything even if P&P/returns were free and the garments less than half the price.It seems as though I am not entirely alone as some of the reviews are not good, sizing, quality, overpriced and then £s to be delivered in a plastic bag and a week for the creases to drop out!
I couldn't agree more, I'm no more a fashionista than I am a youngster, but I'm not ready for tight fitting acrylic jumpers and somehow I doubt if I'll ever be!

I think she has an absolute nerve charging the kind of prices she does for the same clothes that can be found for half the price in the likes of M&S and the quality is excellent. The prices of her Trainers/boots and bags are higher than a proper designer such as Ben De Lisi is charging at QVC and he probably spent years learning his craft, when she is just a Television presenter flogging tat which she allegedly "Designs" with no training whatsoever. If I was her I would be embarrassed to stand there. You only have to look at her Instagram to see the sycophantic comments that people leave about her fashion and if anyone dares to criticise they are quickly labelled as rude by her devotees who would buy anything she was selling!

Totally agree with all your comments above ladies. So it's not just me then!! Phew, relief!
Yes Merryone, I have a few Primark, cheap as chips cotton tee shirts, some are at least five years old, still going strong, as are most of my trusty M and S ones. Just to add, later on in Ruthies show she was flogging sleeveless tee shirts - they were more expensive than two-packs (Marla's offerings). Absolutely ridiculous pricings. I'd just love to see Jackie Kablers wardrobe too, just to see if she really does buy everything that she gushes she needs to RL. Doubt it somehow!

I think she has an absolute nerve charging the kind of prices she does for the same clothes that can be found for half the price in the likes of M&S and the quality is excellent. The prices of her Trainers/boots and bags are higher than a proper designer such as Ben De Lisi is charging at QVC and he probably spent years learning his craft, when she is just a Television presenter flogging tat which she allegedly "Designs" with no training whatsoever. If I was her I would be embarrassed to stand there. You only have to look at her Instagram to see the sycophantic comments that people leave about her fashion and if anyone dares to criticise they are quickly labelled as rude by her devotees who would buy anything she was selling!
Clever though, you've got to hand it to her! Let's face it, it's a perfect storm for her as she's appealing to the same demographic that have been watching her day in day out on programmes like This Morning and Loose Women. Despite the clipped diction, she's seen as a straight talking, down to earth working mum who's been a constant in our lives for many years. She is now claiming to be able to tap into all those gripes us ladies have had when trying to buy clothes on the high street and is offering us the chance to look "on trend" without the discomfort - trainers with zips, parkas without dangly bits hanging down at the back, little nods to our youth like cheeky animal print linings, attention to detail etc etc. Despite the frankly ridiculous prices she's charging people are lapping it up because she's a face they trust and now all they can see is a woman who is "on their side" offering an exhaustive and ever growing range of clothing all in one place. For some, I'm sure it beats the hell out of trawling the shops/internet to find exactly what they want. Having said this, she doesn't talk to me, and whilst I have liked the look of some of her stuff, I'd much rather put in the legwork and find something less pricey, and as I've said before I'd be well embarrassed to admit to anyone I was wearing "Ruth Langsford" let alone have her initials on display. It surprises me that Lorraine Kelly hasn't jumped on the bandwagon, but I guess that she hasn't actually got anything different that she can offer as a hook. In reality, there's no way her prices should be so high, but nothing on QVC is reasonably priced unless it's in clearance, so it's a good gig to get into especially for someone with zero experience/ talent in the field!

Is it me???
I'm actually watching QVC and Ruth Langsford is on flogging her stuff. It really must be me, I honestly wouldn't dream of wearing any of her "designs" if they were free, let alone pay the silly prices she's asking.
I mean, £33 +£4 p and for a long sleeved tee shirt with little girly hearts on the front, being flogged under the guise of, it's almost Valentine's day! Really! And what does Jackie Kabler look like - pigeon toed, silly cuffed denims and a hideous faux suede jacket with, wait for it, leopard print turn back cuffs!! I had something similar in the 90's when I was a young thing. Time to switch over, I don't belong in their club, obviously.
Before I go, ordered a few tunic tops from Roman, in their sale. £16 each. No p and p. Arrived in 3 days. Only kept one, went one back, money refunded to my account within 5 days.
Enjoy your evening everyone.
Definitely not only you, Cashers. The red tee with silly little hearts - how cheesy. And she and Jackie do it all with honest faces. The worst part of her pitch was when she described a coat she was selling as similar to the type of style and tailoring done for the royal family. Ridiculous.

Why she persists in describing some of her outfits as the 'rock-chick look' is bizarre, because you couldn't get any further away from a rock-chick look with her mumsy range. Those turned up jeans she wears don't match her age and set hairstyle, dreadful look.

Why she persists in describing some of her outfits as the 'rock-chick look' is bizarre, because you couldn't get any further away from a rock-chick look with her mumsy range. Those turned up jeans she wears don't match her age and set hairstyle, dreadful look.
Or another favourite, ‘soccer mom’. We’re not in America, Ruth! Also pulling the neck of your jumper down over your one shoulder doesn’t do you any favours.

Thinking about those two expressions that she uses "Soccer Mom" and "Rock-chick look", it seems to me that this really shows her age, these looks might have been fashionable back in the 80's but are long gone. Thats why her range is so dated she hasn't moved with the times and is still harping on and "Designing" for a bygone era. Could you ever imagine any of the major fashion brands advertising the "Soccer mom" look, they would be out of business very quickly!

And the 'get up' she puts the models in makes them look likes frumps (although I must add that Sara's bubble cut yellow hair-do is not a good a style or colour for her.

If you drag the
Or another favourite, ‘soccer mom’. We’re not in America, Ruth! Also pulling the neck of your jumper down over your one shoulder doesn’t do you any favours.
If you were to drag the neck on to the shoulder it would not only look weird, but would also stretch the neckline badly. A sexy look it is not!

All Ruth's clothes are what my Auntie Jean would wear or would have worn 10 years ago. They are for older ladies in my eyes and yet (shock horror) I AM now a reasonably older lady and I just would never wear any of that stuff. I still buy things from Primark, I have a sequin mini skirt, Joe Browns swimsuits and beach trousers. I just can't see myself in a cricket jumper or leopard print anything.

CC

All Ruth's clothes are what my Auntie Jean would wear or would have worn 10 years ago. They are for older ladies in my eyes and yet (shock horror) I AM now a reasonably older lady and I just would never wear any of that stuff. I still buy things from Primark, I have a sequin mini skirt, Joe Browns swimsuits and beach trousers. I just can't see myself in a cricket jumper or leopard print anything.

CC
I don't mind the look of some of her jumpers, but I've heard that they pill and when the models wear them with the pleather skirt or pleather trousers, I realise how much I don't like them after all. PS. The model Betsy can make anything look good. She's smashing.

Ruth's mantra is that she designs for ladies like her that can't find her style in the high street, but that just isn't true, I am older than Ruth and I wear clothes from Mint Velvet, Monsoon, Next and John Lewis etc. I've never found a problem but there again Ruth's range isn't personally my choice.

Ruth's mantra is that she designs for ladies like her that can't find her style in the high street, but that just isn't true, I am older than Ruth and I wear clothes from Mint Velvet, Monsoon, Next and John Lewis etc. I've never found a problem but there again Ruth's range isn't personally my choice.
That's maybe what she says it is, but the reality is that she knows she can make easy money from gullible people. I'm pretty sure that any tv personality of her ilk would do just as well on QVC. In her favour, at least she takes the time to actually present the shows but again I guess that = £££'s for her. The gap in the market that she's trying to convince us she's plugged does not exist, these clothes are out there already but not necessarily all in the same place. She is in exactly the right place - A place where the spending addicts hang out, a place full of people for whom QVC is the only shop in the world, people who know her and love her from mainstream telly - Put a "Love Islander" on there and I'm sure they'd bomb!

She's charging just a a couple of pence less for her basic plain short sleeved t-shirt and then tries to justify the ridiculous price by telling us it has a high percentage of modal (whatever that is) I'm guessing it gives the fabric a bit more substance and that it in turns helps it keep its shape. To be honest, and I'm sure I'm not alone here to say that I've bought T shirts from Primark for a fiver and that they've washed up well, and kept their colour and shape!

I couldn't agree more, I'm no more a fashionista than I am a youngster, but I'm not ready for tight fitting acrylic jumpers and somehow I doubt if I'll ever be!
Hear hear!! me neither her clothing is plain awful and frumpy she does not do herself any favours when wearing. As someone else said I wouldn't have them given for free.

That's maybe what she says it is, but the reality is that she knows she can make easy money from gullible people. I'm pretty sure that any tv personality of her ilk would do just as well on QVC. In her favour, at least she takes the time to actually present the shows but again I guess that = £££'s for her. The gap in the market that she's trying to convince us she's plugged does not exist, these clothes are out there already but not necessarily all in the same place. She is in exactly the right place - A place where the spending addicts hang out, a place full of people for whom QVC is the only shop in the world, people who know her and love her from mainstream telly - Put a "Love Islander" on there and I'm sure they'd bomb!
You’ve got it right ex Qurios and Fan Girls will buy any old rubbish 🤣

Latest posts

Back