Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Attachments

• Ruth Langsford Blazer TSV 1.jpg
    Ruth Langsford Blazer TSV 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Ruth Langsford Blazer TSV 2.png
    Ruth Langsford Blazer TSV 2.png
    708.8 KB · Views: 307
I wonder how well her jacket with the wings on the back sold.
I heard them mention that a few days ago and wondered what they meant. I was envisaging wings actually attached and standing proud of the garment. I watched a bit of a show last night and they had the jacket and it turned out to be a rather frumpy looking "utility jacket" with a hells angel inspired motif on the back! I mean why?!!! It's like adding metal studs to your nan's housecoat - fgs don't give her any ideas!!!

I just don’t get the attraction with RL range, there is nothing I see that I feel hasn’t been done to death and years ago & the prices?That is just my humble opinion, those who like the pieces fine, it’s their money.I am obviously in the minority as it is a ‘seller‘ on QVC.I was in the clothing business so try to look at things with an unbiased view and not what I like to wear myself.

I just don’t get the attraction with RL range, there is nothing I see that I feel hasn’t been done to death and years ago & the prices?That is just my humble opinion, those who like the pieces fine, it’s their money.I am obviously in the minority as it is a ‘seller‘ on QVC.I was in the clothing business so try to look at things with an unbiased view and not what I like to wear myself.
Maybe only a dozen of each so a sellout is a given???

I saw a woman in M&S today wearing Ruth’s navy blue/pink floral bomber jacket with the pink stripe down the arm. She was in her 70’s I’d have said and she’d teamed it up with a pair of sage green slacks, her dyed red perm didn’t help but the poor love looked horrendous!

"rock chick" with a helmet hair style or permed wash and set, is so far removed from the meaning that its laughable.
A 'real' rock chick lives for rock 'n roll. It's their be all, end all. They could be' groupies'. A' real' biker chick rides a motor bike, wears leathers from top to bottom, and belongs to a bike club or a motor cycle group. I know these descriptions can be watered down, but still, it's annoying that RL uses them to rope in some unsuspecting, sixty or seventy year old customer who wants to give a strong hint of sexy, cool, and young. It don't work, imo.

A 'real' rock chick lives for rock 'n roll. It's their be all, end all. They could be' groupies'. A' real' biker chick rides a motor bike, wears leathers from top to bottom, and belongs to a bike club or a motor cycle group. I know these descriptions can be watered down, but still, it's annoying that RL uses them to rope in some unsuspecting, sixty or seventy year old customer who wants to give a strong hint of sexy, cool, and young. It don't work, imo.
I had pale blue leathers when we had our first motorbike a BSA650. We weren't a proper club just all his mates had motorbikes and we went all over on them.

I saw a woman in M&S today wearing Ruth’s navy blue/pink floral bomber jacket with the pink stripe down the arm. She was in her 70’s I’d have said and she’d teamed it up with a pair of sage green slacks, her dyed red perm didn’t help but the poor love looked horrendous!
Ha ha sounds as though it could have been me but I had it on with navy trousers!

It either ‘rock chick’ or ‘soccer mom’, of which she is neither!
Is that the soccer mom who pulls one side of her jumper off her shoulder and then goes off for a pub lunch? The mums I've known who support their kids on the sidelines don't care much about looking sexy. It's all about the kids, not the mum's appearance.

Is that the soccer mom who pulls one side of her jumper off her shoulder and then goes off for a pub lunch? The mums I've known who support their kids on the sidelines don't care much about looking sexy. It's all about the kids, not the mum's appearance.
So true. I supported my sons at football every Sunday morning. I grabbed the warmest and most waterproof clothes I could find . Never bothered about my appearance too much.
To my eyes Ruth looks a bit ridiculous in some of “ her range” . Tight crop jeans and jumpers that seem too small. I don’t see her wearing them away from Q.

Watching a demo of models/brand ambassadors/presenters in clothes that are obviously too tight really doesn't sell me anything. I don't know why they do this. I never buy clothes with buttonholes that gape or just don't do up, emphasise my upper arms, are obviously see-through when they show them in front of darker colours or brighter light, are far too tight over the bust, plunge to the navel (ok exaggeration), or "a trouser" that is too tight etc etc. They're not kidding anyone - unless that's the look you go for. Apologies if this is you and you can rock this look - I can't get away with it.

Latest posts

Back