Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 05/08/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So true. I supported my sons at football every Sunday morning. I grabbed the warmest and most waterproof clothes I could find . Never bothered about my appearance too much.
To my eyes Ruth looks a bit ridiculous in some of “ her range” . Tight crop jeans and jumpers that seem too small. I don’t see her wearing them away from Q.
Julia R is not the only presenter who crams herself into a top that is too small for her without wearing control underwear. Ruth's crop jeans look uncomfortably tight on her. Why the shame of going up a size?

Ruth Langsford Faux Suede Blazer
Item Number: 198435
QVC Price £110.00
Todays Special Value Price £69.96
P&P £3.95

Welcome this faux suede blazer from Ruth Langsford into your wardrobe and you will have a sophisticated cover-up to pull on at a moment's notice. It has all the classic details you'd expect from a blazer, with a smart buttoned front and lapel collar, but it also has a trendy edge to it that we love, thanks to its luxurious faux suede finish and playful animal print lining. The best part? Whether you wear it to the office, on the school run or to a lunch date with friends, it will look great anywhere.
*A great saving: If you were to buy this Ruth Langsford Faux Suede Blazer from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £110 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £69.96 plus P&P, you’re saving £40.04.
Style it your way - you'll be pulling this one out of the wardrobe all the time! The versatile blazer can be easily dressed up or down to suit any occasion. Try it with a top, jeans and trainers for a chic everyday ensemble, or team it with a blouse, smart trousers and heels for the perfect office look. Its long length means it will work nicely with dresses too - what a winner!
Choose your colour - you can't go wrong with any of these options, so we don't envy you trying to decide! If you like a classic, then Black or Navy are timeless picks, with Nutmeg or Tan being ideal if you like the more sandy, neutral hues. Prefer a bit of colour? Then rich Burgundy delivers on that.
  • Long sleeves
  • Two front button fastenings on the front
  • Two front pockets
  • Stretch satin lining
  • Outer and lining: 97% polyester, 3% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Black
  • Burgundy
  • Navy
  • Nutmeg
  • Tan
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: 8: 100.3cm (39.5"), 10: 102.9cm (40.5"), 12: 105.4cm (41.5"), 14: 108cm (42.5"), 16: 111.8cm (44"), 18: 115.6cm (45.5"), 20: 119.4cm (47"), 22: 124.5cm (49")
  • Waist: 8: 91.4cm (36"), 10: 94cm (37"), 12: 96.5cm (38"), 14: 99.1cm (39"), 16: 102.9cm (40.5"), 18: 106.7cm (42"), 20: 111.1cm (43.8"), 22: 115.6cm (45.5")
  • Length: 8: 75.6cm (29.8"), 10: 75.9cm (29.9"), 12: 76.2cm (30"), 14: 76.7cm (30.2"), 16: 77.2cm (30.4"), 18: 77.8cm (30.6"), 20: 78.4cm (30.9"), 22: 79.2cm (31.2")
All measurements are approximate

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but does she and others like her have any genuine input into the fashion ranges they put their names to? She (Fangslord) appears to claim responsibility for the clothes, but in reality, is she not sitting by a gas powered Singer, late into the night, designing items to be made on it? Is the truth of it that these ’celebrity’ fashion ranges are designed by others, with the celeb in question given final choice of what is produced? Or do they (the ‘STAR’) draw some childish pictures of clothes worn by a stick figure, and somebody else takes it from there?

Forgive me if this has been covered before, but does she and others like her have any genuine input into the fashion ranges they put their names to? She (Fangslord) appears to claim responsibility for the clothes, but in reality, is she not sitting by a gas powered Singer, late into the night, designing items to be made on it? Is the truth of it that these ’celebrity’ fashion ranges are designed by others, with the celeb in question given final choice of what is produced? Or do they (the ‘STAR’) draw some childish pictures of clothes worn by a stick figure, and somebody else takes it from there?
Who know's but I doubt very much that Ruthless actually sketched and designed anything.

I think she probably has clear ideas of what she wants in her range and passes them on to the designers. I would say that this is where her input stops. Without her name on the label and her appearances on QVC, I doubt the clothes would sell as well as they do.

Well, the sleeve lengths appear to be an issue because even Ruth has the cuffs turned back. Smacks of the 80s when we all went for the Miami Vice Don Johnson look ! Nah, if I buy a jacket I want the sleeves to be the right length, even if I have to have them professionally altered. I appreciate we all have different arm lengths, but seeing someone with sleeves halfway down their hands does not give for a polished look. I cringe when I see politicians / tv presenters/ celebrities who don't bother with how they look.

There is a lot of work, many areas of expertise which goes into bringing a range of clothes to market. Ruth does not have the background apart from a few ticks against ideas she has seen and liked to do any of that.

She said she has an input with her Team but does not design.

She did say right at the beginning of her appearances at Q, that she didn’t know much about designing etc, and worked with designers who translated her ideas into the finished item and told her which fabrics would and wouldn’t work.
She does give me the impression that she has quite a lot of input and is obviously learning along the way. But maybe I’m just gullible.
Never bought any of her clothes, but enjoy her shows.

I thought the jacket looked ok on Jackie (even with the Don Johnson sleeves) but I can't bear suede clothes at the best of times and faux suede I like even less. I guess if you do like it it's handy to be able to machine wash it. I think Ruth's just trying to hard to cover every base, you wonder what she's gonna come up with next. I think she's left it a little late in the day for festival wear (with a grown up twist) for this year. She says she doesn't like shorts but I'm sure she'll find a magic solution for that - probably ones that come down to knees but have tabs so you can hoick them up to differing lengths, bum bags, collapsible straw hats costing a fortune, hippy jewellery, denim gilets and packaway macs - can't wait!

I thought the 'shacket' had died a death - clearly not.

As for the washable suede jacket. When I first started watching QVC 20 years ago, there was an American lady - not sure if it was Susan Graver or another one, with her fashion range who maintained she had invented the washable suede, and I remember the promo of seeing her put it in the washing machine.

I thought the 'shacket' had died a death - clearly not.

As for the washable suede jacket. When I first started watching QVC 20 years ago, there was an American lady - not sure if it was Susan Graver or another one, with her fashion range who maintained she had invented the washable suede, and I remember the promo of seeing her put it in the washing machine.
Beth Terrell?

I think she probably has clear ideas of what she wants in her range and passes them on to the designers. I would say that this is where her input stops. Without her name on the label and her appearances on QVC, I doubt the clothes would sell as well as they do.
The same as rappers’ trainers and celebrities’ perfumes?

Latest posts

Back