Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 05/08/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think she has little input into the styles they choose, she's just the name above the brand they've decided is the essentials wear side of QVC which is why they're promoting her vests, jeans and tops all the time. She is a stylish lady and I think they hope that will sell the brand. At great cost to the customers.

It either ‘rock chick’ or ‘soccer mom’, of which she is neither!
Don't forget 'biker chick'. Have you seen the photo Kim is putting out of herself in black "leathers" perched on a huge motorcycle?

To try and keep my brain active, I play a few word games on my phone. After you've completed a level, you have to sit through an advert for something or other before you get to the next level and last night up popped Ruth trying to get me to download another game. Quite a long advert and she spent most of it sitting on a throne with a cheap looking tiara/crown on her head.
Normally these things don't bother me but this one really annoyed me for some reason. Jeez, is she not earning enough without selling her soul for (I'm guessing) an extra couple of grand by appearing in a really cheap advert?
A couple of grand will add to the coffers. Their days in the limelight might be limited, so they rake it in where they can. This ad sounds quite cheesy, however.

Bit of an eye opener.

According to this week's Woman's Own, Ruthin takes home upwards of £2.5 million a year from her QVC deal. She earns £8,000 PER EPISODE from Loose Women (others earn around that figure, for what, less than an hours work?). She 'earned' £65,000 for not winning Strictly, AND around £4,000 per sponsored social media post.

(For anyone thats interested, Stacey Soloman earns 7 grand per episode of LW, a million from her books, and a staggering £12,000 for EACH Instagram she posts.) 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I shake my head that we are living in a 'money for absolutely nothing' world.

Everyone is in meltdown when another strike is announced when workers want more money, but nothing is said when the talentless can be paid almost a year's salary for some, for sending one post on social media.

Bit of an eye opener.

According to this week's Woman's Own, Ruthin takes home upwards of £2.5 million a year from her QVC deal. She earns £8,000 PER EPISODE from Loose Women (others earn around that figure, for what, less than an hours work?). She 'earned' £65,000 for not winning Strictly, AND around £4,000 per sponsored social media post.

(For anyone thats interested, Stacey Soloman earns 7 grand per episode of LW, a million from her books, and a staggering £12,000 for EACH Instagram she posts.) 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I shake my head that we are living in a 'money for absolutely nothing' world.

Everyone is in meltdown when another strike is announced when workers want more money, but nothing is said when the talentless can be paid almost a year's salary for some, for sending one post on social media.
I agree but it’s going to carry on while people keep watching and are interested in Z list so called celebrities . It’s a choice we make. Eventually the tide will turn .

No wonder Ruthie literally lives on QVC selling her wares. Nice little earner. It was always obvious though when you see 'celebrities selling bits n bobs on QVC. Bare that in mind though when shelling out your hard earned cash

It's great to be rich! You have a better life, there's no doubt about it. Sylvester Stallone is a rich man, but his wife is much richer, he said some years ago, because she sold her own brand of face cream on QVC US. The same goes, I think, with Eamonn and Ruth. Abbi Cleeve must be another very rich lady, courtesy of QVC. And, they all want to get richer.

No wonder Ruthie literally lives on QVC selling her wares. Nice little earner. It was always obvious though when you see 'celebrities selling bits n bobs on QVC. Bare that in mind though when shelling out your hard earned cash
Absolutely, they make enough money anyway, and to be able to feed through a few fashion ideas, give them the nod of approval , get them knocked up in the far East, cream off a huge profit, then take all the credit for the design and workmanship - yep, can't be bad!
Today Julia and one of the fashion BA's were selling a Dannii Minogue dress in clearance. There was nothing wrong with the dress apart from the price, but what got me was the way they were saying "SHE always creates nice lines, SHE Always pays attention to detail, SHE always finishes off her seams beautifully - SHE doesn't go anywhere near the ****** things!!!! Same with MW ok, she might well have started her own cottage industry in her garage, but nowadays she can't even be arsed to appear via video link let alone visit. Dannii yes you probably have had trouble finding clothes on the high street to fit and suit your small frame, but you've got the contacts to be able to get that sorted. Yes your nan probably did teach you how to sew but I'm thinking it's more kettle holders than haute couture. So come on BA's and presenters sell the stuff, but please stop all this sycophantic rubbish, let them massage their own egos, they're perfectly capable!

Absolutely, they make enough money anyway, and to be able to feed through a few fashion ideas, give them the nod of approval , get them knocked up in the far East, cream off a huge profit, then take all the credit for the design and workmanship - yep, can't be bad!
Today Julia and one of the fashion BA's were selling a Dannii Minogue dress in clearance. There was nothing wrong with the dress apart from the price, but what got me was the way they were saying "SHE always creates nice lines, SHE Always pays attention to detail, SHE always finishes off her seams beautifully - SHE doesn't go anywhere near the ****** things!!!! Same with MW ok, she might well have started her own cottage industry in her garage, but nowadays she can't even be arsed to appear via video link let alone visit. Dannii yes you probably have had trouble finding clothes on the high street to fit and suit your small frame, but you've got the contacts to be able to get that sorted. Yes your nan probably did teach you how to sew but I'm thinking it's more kettle holders than haute couture. So come on BA's and presenters sell the stuff, but please stop all this sycophantic rubbish, let them massage their own egos, they're perfectly capable!
Ben di Lisi insists that he doesn't just have his name stamped on the label. But then he has to keep his prices low and stay in keeping with the styles that go down well with the QVC customer. Of course, all of this inhibits his flare for fashion design. After all, he was trained as a sculptor and understands the female form! He's worth watching, if only to get a giggle out of his own ever stranger attire. The plastic big deal jacket is, imo, a nasty looking garment. One of the presenters said that you should pass a hair dryer over it to remove the wrinkles. A Dyson, probably!

Ben di Lisi insists that he doesn't just have his name stamped on the label. But then he has to keep his prices low and stay in keeping with the styles that go down well with the QVC customer. Of course, all of this inhibits his flare for fashion design. After all, he was trained as a sculptor and understands the female form! He's worth watching, if only to get a giggle out of his own ever stranger attire. The plastic big deal jacket is, imo, a nasty looking garment. One of the presenters said that you should pass a hair dryer over it to remove the wrinkles. A Dyson, probably!
Agree about the plastic jacket!! Awful thing!

Just watching Ruth & Jackie doing the regular Thursday fashion - but what’s with the “joke coats” they’re wearing? Ruth’s is bright green , too big for her and looks strangely comical, Jackie’s in beige and looks like she’s in a warehouse coat - she looks like an extra in open all hours- they haven’t got to it yet but I reckon the price will be funnier than the coat!

Latest posts

Back