Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 28/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruth seems to think that having your trousers flapping around the top of your ankles is a good look. Those horrible turn up jeans are the same. She refers to it as 7/8th length. Awful!
They just look as though you have ‘grown out of them’.I hate ‘ankle grazers’ these look awful especially worn with high heels and ample thighs.I this is considered a fashion look to aspire to, I obviously know nowt!

They just look as though you have ‘grown out of them’.I hate ‘ankle grazers’ these look awful especially worn with high heels and ample thighs.I this is considered a fashion look to aspire to, I obviously know nowt!
Ankle grazers only look good (in my eyes) when you're on holiday and you have your Birkenstocks on with them and (in my case) a nice ankle bracelet. In other situations they look like your trousers have had a row with your socks and shoes.

CC

These are winter trousers, for goodness sake. I am quite sure that everyone who hopes to wear these as full length trousers will have bought the Tall based on the inside leg measurement, unless they are petite and will then have gone for the regular, imo.
I will be interested to see the reviews once the purchases have arrived. Maybe some deluded consumers of the Kool-aid will swear up and down these are perfect.

Ruth seems to think that having your trousers flapping around the top of your ankles is a good look. Those horrible turn up jeans are the same. She refers to it as 7/8th length. Awful!
Those turn up jeans make everyone look like they’re auditioning to be in Dexys Midnight Runners…
IMG_0213.jpeg

Ummm I prefer ankle grazer trousers. I wear a lot of "ballet" shoes (Audrey Hepburn style), so shorter trousers suit me better at 5'8 with slender legs.. I never wear leather ankle or fashion boots, not my sort of fashion. But in the cold weather I do wear Uggs.

Ummm I prefer ankle grazer trousers. I wear a lot of "ballet" shoes (Audrey Hepburn style), so shorter trousers suit me better at 5'8 with slender legs.. I never wear leather ankle or fashion boots, not my sort of fashion. But in the cold weather I do wear Uggs.
Yes I think if you are tall and slender then shorter looks good. I am short and busty and need my trousers long and pooling. I don’t like the exaggerated turn up.

Probably couldn’t be put together now. Those characters were hilarious.
His characters and their catchphrases were part of the tapestry of my childhood. The glamorous lady "ooh, you are awful! But I like you" followed by a man-felling shove.
And Dave Allen and all his priestly misdemeanors. I was probably too young to get all of his satire at the time, but watching back now he was brutal, but extremely funny.
I'm just thankful they are long gone and hopefully my fond memories can't be tarnished as they have been with other notable celebrities from my childhood in the late 60s and 70s.

Latest posts

Back