Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 05/08/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She earns £8,000 PER EPISODE from Loose Women (others earn around that figure, for what, less than an hours work?)
Can't believe they get paid that much for sitting there, talking absolute twaddle for 45 minutes. I avoid ITV daytime like the plague but on the odd occasion when I'm WFH and put the TV on while I'm having lunch and it happens to be tuned to the channel, it's a matter of seconds before I reach for the remote.

I think it is more than an hour’s work. They do preparation ( read guests’ biographies, books etc) and rehearsals. There are also planning meetings: who to invite, what not to discuss. It looks spontaneous but it is not. Guests will have items they don’t want to discuss, things they want to plug. The questions asked have to be carefully phrased to encourage guests to open up but not to offend. Whether an individual is worth £8000 per episode? Well, that is market forces. If people didn’t watch it or even put it on in the background, then advertisers would stop paying to advertise, and wages would decrease or stop.

Those coats looked really cheap and nasty. I wouldn't have paid a tenner for it
Agreed, I thought they looked really thin, there were visible creases in it, so obviously thin enough to be folded into a flimsy plastic bag. My winter coat from Very is a similar length and style but it's a boucle fabric and has some weight to it, It arrived on a substantial hanger unfolded and double bagged and it cost me £45 in the sale, it's beautifully lined, has lovely tortoiseshell buttons and its a cheerful mustard yellow - I'm always being asked where I got it. The buttons on Ruth's offering looked as cheap as hell and as for that (nuclear) apple green - just no!!! I have to say I'm not a fan of garish colours on adults, as I think they usually bring that "clothes wearing you" vibe.
I loved the way that she used the 97% polyester as a selling point, you can put it in the washing machine. Good Lord! if it looks that shite when it's brand new I dread to think what it'll look like after doing 10 rounds with a Hotpoint (other brands available lol). My coat is dry clean only as one would expect for a heavy garment like that, but one can always freshen it up with a steamer every now and again. They said it was selling fast but there's no sign of that being the case on the website, so very possibly BS!

Agreed, I thought they looked really thin, there were visible creases in it, so obviously thin enough to be folded into a flimsy plastic bag. My winter coat from Very is a similar length and style but it's a boucle fabric and has some weight to it, It arrived on a substantial hanger unfolded and double bagged and it cost me £45 in the sale, it's beautifully lined, has lovely tortoiseshell buttons and its a cheerful mustard yellow - I'm always being asked where I got it. The buttons on Ruth's offering looked as cheap as hell and as for that (nuclear) apple green - just no!!! I have to say I'm not a fan of garish colours on adults, as I think they usually bring that "clothes wearing you" vibe.
I loved the way that she used the 97% polyester as a selling point, you can put it in the washing machine. Good Lord! if it looks that shite when it's brand new I dread to think what it'll look like after doing 10 rounds with a Hotpoint (other brands available lol). My coat is dry clean only as one would expect for a heavy garment like that, but one can always freshen it up with a steamer every now and again. They said it was selling fast but there's no sign of that being the case on the website, so very possibly BS!
I wouldn't touch any of her offerings with a barge pole!! Your coat sounds right up my street Merry. I'm after a new winter coat and am currently lusting after the M and S pink checked one Sienna Miller is modelling on the new advert. At £99 it looks a steal compared to some of the QVC s****e!

I really don't understand why people buy her stuff. There is nothing she brings that you can't get on the High St much cheaper. Its the same old tat over and over again, boring jumpers and endless variations on a Bomber jacket , not to forget the essential vest tops, her prices are absolutely ridiculous, she actually charges more for her boots, trainers and handbags than the likes of Ben De Lisi who is an actual designer

There's no classy pastels in Ruth's range. Jewel and harsh brights are not that flattering on a mature complexion. I steer clear of the neon pinks, sunset orange, startling limes, although I understand that lady's of colour might appreciate the stand out colours.

I really don't understand why people buy her stuff. There is nothing she brings that you can't get on the High St much cheaper. Its the same old tat over and over again, boring jumpers and endless variations on a Bomber jacket , not to forget the essential vest tops, her prices are absolutely ridiculous, she actually charges more for her boots, trainers and handbags than the likes of Ben De Lisi who is an actual designer
Exactly, I just see Ruth in the jackets that would never meet & skinny jeans with high heels or wedges.

soon please

Exactly, I just see Ruth in the jackets that would never meet & skinny jeans with high heels or wedges.
She stays safe, occasionally introducing a bright colour to see how it goes down with her solid customers. I don't think the apple green coat will suit many people. I'd run half a mile from an apple that looked like that!

Latest posts

Back