Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 05/08/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A Shacket is a shirt worn as a jacket, often made with jacket material
Sounds like it might be uncomfortable, thick and scratchy. Is this one of Ruth's ideas?

I wore a faux suede blouse to work once. It was soft and velvety and I liked myself in it until a co-worker turned up on that same day wearing a real suede jacket and boy, could I see the difference. So could she, the snooty piece. I never wore my trashy blouse again. This was a long time ago, so I 'll give faux suede the benefit of the doubt that it's improved by now.

I thought the 'shacket' had died a death - clearly not.

As for the washable suede jacket. When I first started watching QVC 20 years ago, there was an American lady - not sure if it was Susan Graver or another one, with her fashion range who maintained she had invented the washable suede, and I remember the promo of seeing her put it in the washing machine.
Beth Terrell I still have one of her jackets!!

And I've still got a roomy black suede tote bag of hers that gets used from time to time and still looks as good as new, though I'm not so keen on the purple in the photo. I liked her stuff. Ah, the good old days of QVC.

Ah Beth Terrell, she was a lovely guest. I never bought any of her items but I could see the appeal as dry cleaning suede cost an awful lot of money in those days.

CC

I watched another hour of Ruth last night whilst I was waiting for my mainstream tv shows to start, and I spotted her latest jumper - A rather frumpy looking polyester sweater with a leather heart with an arrow appliqued onto the front and another one on the left elbow - I guess this is what she means by the "Ruth Langsford twist" . You too can look like you're wearing something designed by a five year old if you've got a spare £55 you don't know what to do with!

I watched another hour of Ruth last night whilst I was waiting for my mainstream tv shows to start, and I spotted her latest jumper - A rather frumpy looking polyester sweater with a leather heart with an arrow appliqued onto the front and another one on the left elbow - I guess this is what she means by the "Ruth Langsford twist" . You too can look like you're wearing something designed by a five year old if you've got a spare £55 you don't know what to do with!
This jumper might sell better around about Valentine's Day. Stress on the 'might'. Very simplistic appliqué that a toddler could stick together. Big, gaping neck that shows your collar bones. Hmphf. The large neck openings on so many QVC clothes are to provide for women with large necks, imo. The appliqué on the elbow is silly. And, as you say, Merry, too expensive.

This jumper might sell better around about Valentine's Day. Stress on the 'might'. Very simplistic appliqué that a toddler could stick together. Big, gaping neck that shows your collar bones. Hmphf. The large neck openings on so many QVC clothes are to provide for women with large necks, imo. The appliqué on the elbow is silly. And, as you say, Merry, too expensive.
I agree. I hate any kind of large motif or inspirational sayings on clothes! Also I wholeheartedly agree about the gaping necklines, when you get older too wide necklines make you look scraggy, and don’t sit properly. I heard one presenter/guest say once that garments that show your collar bones were flattering! Not if you’re older and thinner!

Ruthie is going to keep going, she has other ideas in the pipeline,she knows she is on to a good thing with QVC.She needs a new designer though or a change of Chinese warehouse.
Any insight into what other ideas are in the pipeline? She tried jewellery and she tried Diamonique. Both bombed, I think, as well as her fiesta in Billingsgate that didn't get repeated. Home furnishings, perhaps? Skincare or perfume? Interesting.

Any insight into what other ideas are in the pipeline? She tried jewellery and she tried Diamonique. Both bombed, I think, as well as her fiesta in Billingsgate that didn't get repeated. Home furnishings, perhaps? Skincare or perfume? Interesting.
I thought that her jewellery seemed to be popular, the junk stuff anyway it was always selling out and I could never really understand why as it was just that twisted wire/leather thong stuff you can pick up in any street market stall for an absolute fraction of the price she was charging. I haven't seen it for ages and there's only a couple of things on the website. Perhaps "Children in need" has managed to put the kids who were making it into full time education so she's currently looking for some more unfortunates to get production back on track!

I thought that her jewellery seemed to be popular, the junk stuff anyway it was always selling out and I could never really understand why as it was just that twisted wire/leather thong stuff you can pick up in any street market stall for an absolute fraction of the price she was charging. I haven't seen it for ages and there's only a couple of things on the website. Perhaps "Children in need" has managed to put the kids who were making it into full time education so she's currently looking for some more unfortunates to get production back on track!
I hope her 'cheap' jewellery doesn't come back. I don't want the woman trying to make fools of us any more. Just by looking at it on the TV showed how shoddy it was.

Maybe Ruth will be upping the ante and doing occasion wear for weddings/christenings/the races/funerals/with matching hats/bags/shoes. She'd do well to avoid crappy homewares as we've already got Alison Cork and Julien has just gone bust I believe.

CC

Maybe Ruth will be upping the ante and doing occasion wear for weddings/christenings/the races/funerals/with matching hats/bags/shoes. She'd do well to avoid crappy homewares as we've already got Alison Cork and Julien has just gone bust I believe.

CC
She must be branching out somewhere. Casual type sports wear? Sad to see Julien's gone down the plug hole, but his latest QVC range gave the impression that he had lost his mind.

To try and keep my brain active, I play a few word games on my phone. After you've completed a level, you have to sit through an advert for something or other before you get to the next level and last night up popped Ruth trying to get me to download another game. Quite a long advert and she spent most of it sitting on a throne with a cheap looking tiara/crown on her head.
Normally these things don't bother me but this one really annoyed me for some reason. Jeez, is she not earning enough without selling her soul for (I'm guessing) an extra couple of grand by appearing in a really cheap advert?

Latest posts

Back