Ruth Langsford TSV 16/2/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the hour and as usual the jumper didn't look anywhere near as bad as it did on the preview, the colours looked less garish, and the composition looked less shiny and acrylic. I particularly liked the lilac colour, however, no of course I wouldn't buy it 'cause it's crazily overpriced and I don't like having a cold zip next to my skin, and for care purposes I prefer not to have a fine knit that could very possibly end up looking baggy and creased after a couple of washes. Somebody commented upon the crazy price over on the "positive vibes only" QVC FB page and they were literally torn apart by the other members. It made me giggle because I'd hate to see their reaction to some of the comments made on here, some of them would have to lock themselves in a darkened room for a year to get over the shock! Anybody who remotely agreed with her, was immediately shot down in flames and accused of looking down on others if they said for example "I wouldn't pay that" FGS ladies calm down, it's only a jumper, if you like it and you think the price is reasonable buy it, even if you think it's pricey and you're still prepared to pay the money, that's your choice, nobody else's - I don't get why people waste their energy getting so aeriated about what other people (especially strangers) think!
It looks like the post has been removed, maybe it got a little out of hand but really?!!!!! Anyway I scrolled down and found another post suggesting that the jumper was dated and overpriced and it was almost suggested that the poster was guilty of a hate crime!!! "Equal rights for ugly jumpers"!

Maybe I should go on there and throw a bomb amongst the pigeons? Honestly the TSV is the most bog standard ordinary get it anywhere jumper I've ever seen and the price is just ridiculous. Model Claire looked hideous in it, Jade looked nice but the one she was wearing was too small and just came past her waist. Eilidh looked OK but it was just a £10.99 item from anywhere. However, what do I know because it's nearly gone. That's Ruth's holiday in Barbados sewn up for this year and I bet 95% of those that bought it can only afford to go to Skegness (nothing wrong with Skeggy btw).

CC

Maybe I should go on there and throw a bomb amongst the pigeons? Honestly the TSV is the most bog standard ordinary get it anywhere jumper I've ever seen and the price is just ridiculous. Model Claire looked hideous in it, Jade looked nice but the one she was wearing was too small and just came past her waist. Eilidh looked OK but it was just a £10.99 item from anywhere. However, what do I know because it's nearly gone. That's Ruth's holiday in Barbados sewn up for this year and I bet 95% of those that bought it can only afford to go to Skegness (nothing wrong with Skeggy btw).

CC
The fact that its nearly gone is unbelievable to me. What is wrong with people, that they think that monstrosity is worth nearly 50 quid! Its just goes to show that if RL was flogging a sack that was tied in the middle with a bit of string for a belt, they'd buy it!!

The fact that its nearly gone is unbelievable to me. What is wrong with people, that they think that monstrosity is worth nearly 50 quid! Its just goes to show that if RL was flogging a sack that was tied in the middle with a bit of string for a belt, they'd buy it!!
It is not a monstrosity to everyone.

CC
They're like a pack of rabid dogs on that FB page. One negative comment & you're stripped limb from limb. Currently,I'm suspended from posting until I've learned my lesson 🙃 😂

It looks like the post has been removed, maybe it got a little out of hand but really?!!!!! Anyway I scrolled down and found another post suggesting that the jumper was dated and overpriced and it was almost suggested that the poster was guilty of a hate crime!!! "Equal rights for ugly jumpers"!
I posted on there once that Ruth was bringing out a line of lingerie. Not the support,spanx big knickers type but the naughty,lace undie type. Hook,line...🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

It is not a monstrosity to everyone.
It's not a monstrosity to me. I wear these tops every day of my life but I'm not going to pay that price when I can get one for eight quid in primark. Let's be honest, they last a year at most and then they are pilled, saggy, covered in dog hair and the zip breaks. Then you go and buy more - at Primark or Asda. That's the truth isn't it?

CC

It's not a monstrosity to me. I wear these tops every day of my life but I'm not going to pay that price when I can get one for eight quid in primark. Let's be honest, they last a year at most and then they are pilled, saggy, covered in dog hair and the zip breaks. Then you go and buy more - at Primark or Asda. That's the truth isn't it?

CC
Buy cheap buy twice.

Buy cheap buy twice.
Of course, I agree but I do when it comes to everyday clothes because I live in the sticks and everything gets filthy and hairy and needs to be washed every day so it wears out. On the not buying cheap front, I just had a man come in to revamp my kitchen and it was definitely not cheap but it is amazing. I don't, however, intend to replace it before I die. You know what I mean.

CC

Latest posts

Back