£50 delivery costs.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
A Miele dishwasher is £453.60 + postage of £50. At work, we do free delivery and, if you want it installed it is £20. £10 to recycle. You can also choose your delivery date.
I find postage costs to be, generically, acceptable. Yankee is a bit much, and Easiyo. But even they are a bargain, compared to this.

If your going to buy an appliance of the telly without seeing it first , and spend £450 + on it then i doubt £50 postage would really matter , Some people have more money than sense sadly but if you've got it and can afford it then good luck to you. Q wouldnt be featuring these items if they didn't sell.

It seems the core audience of Q have plenty of money to spend/ waste :(.

Sounds expensive but it does include install , disposal and time slot . I recently ordered from John Lewis that cost me £25 install £9 disposal and £19 for 2 hour del slot so works out very similar .

Many places offer free delivery and installation now, and take your old one for free, so this would be the type of deal I'd be going after.

I bought a large flat screen TV from a catalogue company a couple of weeks ago and it was delivered within three days for £6.99. Yesterday I bought an armchair from a local family run furniture store and it was £25 for delivery, it's about two miles from my house, thankfully I know a man with a small van who is collecting it for me today. Years ago all these type of items were usually delivered free.

I have a home in Cyprus and went to a shop to look at TV's. I ordered one and agreed delivery for 2 days later. 2 guys arrived, unpacked the TV, set it up for me, connected the computer via HDMI cable, all included in the price. Old fashioned service that in the UK is now hard to find.

I am moving house soon (I hope) and will be ordering new appliances from the Internet from whoever offers the quickest delivery and for reasonably priced items. Probably AO appliances.

It's QVC...no surprises really.

If your going to buy an appliance of the telly without seeing it first , and spend £450 + on it then i doubt £50 postage would really matter , Some people have more money than sense sadly but if you've got it and can afford it then good luck to you. Q wouldnt be featuring these items if they didn't sell.

It seems the core audience of Q have plenty of money to spend/ waste :(.

We've bought quite a few appliances mail order but even those seen in store we're just looking at a row of washing machines; none of them are plumbed in and showing the spin cycle so it's not much better than looking at a photo online.

On the subject of Miele, my neighbour has nothing but in her kitchen, plus a vacuum cleaner and the Miele Man is always at her house making me think they're forever breaking down (possibly a faire le menage a trois ie a housework threesome with her husband who works from home). She's a bit of label person, collecting Chloe handbags as well as buying Miele, but as long as she's not taking food from the mouths of children or pets I don't mind what she spends her hard-earned money on.

Gram for gram (as AY would say) £50 for a big weighty item is probably better value than £4.95 for Easiyo sachets that don't weigh much and where the postage equates to 25% of the purchase price.

We've just moved into a new house and the builder has installed Siemens appliances, but having had a Miele Vacuum cleaner, which is far better and lighter than the old Oreck from Q, we decided on a Miele Washer/Dryer due to down sizing and lack of space.

It is very much a considered purchase and we went back and forth on their website, shall we, shan't we etc. Anyway, lucky we waited because they knocked £300 off their price, plus it includes delivery and installation. They were brilliant sending texts on the delivery and a good time slot, not having to wait all day. Very impressed!

i dont like miele products they work well for a short time but when they break down it costs just as much to repair it as it cost. i also have a siemans dishwasher so does my sister and i hate it. it works but the filter cant cope with a grain of ice in the filter and floods the dishwasher. plus the fitings are flimsy for the plate rack and fall of and dont stay on. the wheels dont stay put either. i like german made but not all of them are good. electrolux and aeg are my favourites.

My washing machine broke down, I went onto AO website and they delivered the new machine the next day free of charge. They also do installation and removals of old appliances at reasonable cost.

We've just moved into a new house and the builder has installed Siemens appliances, but having had a Miele Vacuum cleaner, which is far better and lighter than the old Oreck from Q, we decided on a Miele Washer/Dryer due to down sizing and lack of space.

It is very much a considered purchase and we went back and forth on their website, shall we, shan't we etc. Anyway, lucky we waited because they knocked £300 off their price, plus it includes delivery and installation. They were brilliant sending texts on the delivery and a good time slot, not having to wait all day. Very impressed!
I will take a look. I have had the same Indesit washer dryer for the last 16 years. I only do 2 loads a week and use the dryer infrequently.

Whenever I sell a Miele appliance, it is rarely to a customer who has come in for a washing machine and, subsequently, chooses this manufacturer. Either they have had Miele, and like it; or they have researched the brand extensively.
Miele machines are factory tested to have a life span of 20 years. My concern is that they offer a 5 year warranty - until recently, some came with only 2 years - as do Samsung, LG, AEG and Grundig - on a machine with a supposedly long life. A 5 years guarantee is always welcome; it inspires confidence in the appliance, as it costs the manufacturer to provide it. I would be rather sceptical about the 20 years claim.

Whenever I sell a Miele appliance, it is rarely to a customer who has come in for a washing machine and, subsequently, chooses this manufacturer. Either they have had Miele, and like it; or they have researched the brand extensively.
Miele machines are factory tested to have a life span of 20 years. My concern is that they offer a 5 year warranty - until recently, some came with only 2 years - as do Samsung, LG, AEG and Grundig - on a machine with a supposedly long life. A 5 years guarantee is always welcome; it inspires confidence in the appliance, as it costs the manufacturer to provide it. I would be rather sceptical about the 20 years claim.

I read, about a year ago, that one of the casualties of the decreasing prices of household appliances (specifically "white goods") is the longevity of the products... to the extent where it is now cheaper to buy a new replacement in many cases, rather than repair the original. Is this your experience, Louise, as you are working in that sector of retail?

I've bought appliances from AO over the last couple of years and recommend their service. Their prices are good and the delivery is excellent - they've not let us down with any of their promises yet. They also have extra insurance cover for breakdowns if you feel you need it. I find my local Euronics centre is good too. They're very local, about 2 minutes walk from my front door, so delivery is always free and they only charge £10 to take the old kit away.

The rental property we were in had a washer and dryer in so I left my old washing machine in with our house sale. It was an Ariston, which never broke down, not one service required and was still going strong after 20 years and still is apparently, like their advert said...Ariston, goes on and on and on...not sure if that was the case after being bought out though.

Latest posts

Back