18k gold plating coming off my watch is that normal???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Juicyjayne

Registered Shopper
im hoping someone can offer up some advise. i bought a diamonique 18k gold plated watch back in June................. the plating is starting to come off is this normal wear and tear and to be expected?
have never had gold plated stuff before so am not sure

thanks

xx

Sounds very quick for this to happen.

I now always buy watches that are steel with leather straps. Because no matter which watches I have bought they do rub off evenually. Even a expensve watch Seiko it happen. I have no idea why gold plated watches have silver metal under them, yet silver plating had gold colour under them.

depends. i have a d&g watch and at first it looked like the plating was comming off. but i have had i around 8 years now and it looks superb.

can you see white metal or brass under the plating?

I wouldn't have thought that 3 months would be the expected lifetime of an item which is designed to be worn!

I found this in QVC's terms and conditions regarding the return of faulty goods.

"We will refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which is delivered in a damaged or faulty condition. We will also refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which develops a fault within a period of 6 months from delivery (other than due to normal wear and tear, failure to follow instructions or misuse)."

Unless you've been wearing the watch while doing really heavy manual work, I think you can return it under the "not fit for purpose" heading!

depends. i have a d&g watch and at first it looked like the plating was comming off. but i have had i around 8 years now and it looks superb.

can you see white metal or brass under the plating?

i can see white metal underneath

I wouldn't have thought that 3 months would be the expected lifetime of an item which is designed to be worn!

I found this in QVC's terms and conditions regarding the return of faulty goods.

"We will refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which is delivered in a damaged or faulty condition. We will also refund the purchase price together with the delivery charge for any product which develops a fault within a period of 6 months from delivery (other than due to normal wear and tear, failure to follow instructions or misuse)."

Unless you've been wearing the watch while doing really heavy manual work, I think you can return it under the "not fit for purpose" heading!

no heavy manual work and i dont wear it every day either

My mum had a lot of trouble returning cooks essentials pans which lost their non stick, and they have a lifetime guarantee. When she rang CS there was a lot of fuss because they didn't have her order on the system and couldn't find out which pans they were! Even though she took pics and sent them in the post. Eventualy they sorted it out and she got a refund.

Latest posts

Back