30 day money back guarantee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lilo Lil

Registered Shopper
Do the new consumer laws introduced yesterday have an effect on IW 14 day returns policy?

If so, I do hope they inform the viewer ...

The point I was trying to make (unsuccessfully) is the 14 day returns policy has been superseded.

As I understand it, it doesn't just apply to faulty goods. The law has been changed to bring online sales in line with shop bought goods and to give a fixed time rather than have variations between companies. They need to update their T&Cs in light of the changes in the law, if they haven't done it already.
They are allowed to offer customers better terms than the law specifies but not worse ones.
It also says that the 30 days only start from the day goods are actually delivered - not from when they are ordered - which clarifies things for those occasions when things take an age to be despatched and then take the scenic route to get to you.

Last edited:
The 14 day MBG is totally different because it lets you use the products , under your statuary rights you are not able to use the goods only inspect them, and the retailer can deduct money if not sent back in as new condition

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#buyingfromhome

The 30 days is for faulty goods, it is still 14 days to cancel goods, see the link above

This is not something I'm in the habit of doing, although I dare say there are some people who do buy things to use them once or twice and then return them for a refund. So I don't automatically think of things like that unless it's a considered purchase.
Call me old fashioned but I don't feel right using something and then expect to get my money back, unless it was faulty of course. But a standard 30 day inspection period suits me fine.

The Q gave detailed info about returns but with C&C I was never sure you could use it and send it back - perhaps they need to be more specific.

The 14 day MBG is totally different because it lets you use the products , under your statuary rights you are not able to use the goods only inspect them, and the retailer can deduct money if not sent back in as new condition

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange#buyingfromhome

The 30 days is for faulty goods, it is still 14 days to cancel goods, see the link above

That's a really good explanation of the consumer laws, I was a bit confused about it all but that clears things up for me!

Latest posts

Back