Aldi Health & Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The silver bottles look to be dupes of ColorWOW Dream Coat but I don’t recognise the other stuff?

This page has been removed by Aldi, and I wonder if the 9th May hair product have been cancelled.

I can never work it out - do the Specialbuys appear in leaflets about a week before they are available instore? There’s no leaflet for 5th or 9th May yet, is there?

I can never work it out - do the Specialbuys appear in leaflets about a week before they are available instore? There’s no leaflet for 5th or 9th May yet, is there?
I've seen the 5th May online, it's now live; I don't normally follow leaflets, so can't be sure. The 9th May is not available yet in either format.

Last edited:
Off topic, but I've just seen LA MER price (large tub), and lost for words. I've heard it's compared with Nivea.

1714211919692.png

This is insane, I just can't believe what I'm seeing. I wonder if this is a fraudulent website trying to impersonate Space NK.

1714257540899.png

Edit: I've just googled:

FRAUDULENT SPACE NK WEBSITE STATEMENT​

• Last updated:
  • April 26, 2024

We are aware that a fraudulent Space NK website is appearing on some social channels and through online adverts.
Please be aware that www.spacenk.com is the only genuine and legitimate website.

Last edited:
I've seen the 5th May online, it's now live; I don't normally follow leaflets, so can't be sure. The 9th May is not available yet in either format.
The leaflet for 5th May is out on Aldi website

Thanks for this. I’ve tried googling to identify what the items are meant to
be dupes of and in case it’s not been discussed on here before, I think ….

Wonder Spray (hair) £4.99 = Color Wow Dream Coat £27​
Daily Glow moisturising lotion £5.99 = Clinique Dramatically Different £37​
Super Booster serums (Collagen & Gold, Vit C or Hyaluronic Acid) £2.39 = Glossier £39​
Hydrating Tinted Moisturiser £4.99 = Hourglass Illusion £55​
Advanced BHA cleanser £3.99 & toner £4.49 = Paula’s Choice Clear £21 & £35​

Thanks for this. I’ve tried googling to identify what the items are meant to
be dupes of and in case it’s not been discussed on here before, I think ….

Wonder Spray (hair) £4.99 = Color Wow Dream Coat £27​
Daily Glow moisturising lotion £5.99 = Clinique Dramatically Different £37​
Super Booster serums (Collagen & Gold, Vit C or Hyaluronic Acid) £2.39 = Glossier £39​
Hydrating Tinted Moisturiser £4.99 = Hourglass Illusion £55​
Advanced BHA cleanser £3.99 & toner £4.49 = Paula’s Choice Clear £21 & £35​
Thank you so much Andi!
I've noticed these items are already on ebay!

So they are! The eBay sellers buying lots of stock in Aldi are the reason you and I are lucky to get a single bottle of something before it sells out if we go in the store an hour after it opened!
Aldi should restrict how many one peron can buy. In Lidl, I can't get more than six of anything.

Aldi should restrict how many one peron can buy. In Lidl, I can't get more than six of anything.
Oh, is that right? I put 6 or 7 of something that was on offer in Lidl through the self-checkout tills recently and it alerted the staff member who oversees those tills. They came over and over-rode the stoppage so I could have the items and carry on but it was only something like bottles of sauce I was stocking up on so they obviously didn’t care. Is it a hang-over from the Covid anti-stockpiling measures, do you think?

Anyway, good idea to limit quantities in Aldi, yes. Also, they know how popular some of these beauty items are - they advertise them extensively and they get hyped up in all the press and beauty blogs, so why Aldi don’t ramp up production and stock more, I have no idea! Even at the (relatively) rock-bottom prices they charge, they would make a killing.

I'm not sure. Both times I was on self-service till in different Lidl stores, and both times it was staff, not the till alert, who were watching and took things from me. First - passata in tetra packs, and later - small tubs of vitamin C.

I'm not sure. Both times I was on self-service till in different Lidl stores, and both times it was staff, not the till alert, who were watching and took things from me. First - passata in tetra packs, and later - small tubs of vitamin C.
Interesting. They sound very strict! I usually only multibuy things that are discounted through the Lidl Plus app and sometimes the offer T&Cs state a limit which I would adhere to, but I’m sure I’ve never had anything taken out of my shopping basket due to having too many otherwise. Maybe I’ve just been lucky. You could understand if there were national shortages but I’m not sure it’s fair to stop you buying passata, which is the sort of thing people buy in bulk (or make in big batches!) because it’s a staple of their cooking.

The Bluey chairs that were sold last Thursday are on eBay for crazy prices. Over £100…

People were moaning about the recent yarn specials. Similar scenario…women filling their trolleys with yarn and selling it for double on eBay. Apparently some stores were limiting shoppers to 25 balls of yarn… I bought more than that but I have no intention of flogging my precious yarn on eBay!

It’s a hard one…

Latest posts

Back