Alison Keenan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
I used to be able to watch Alison but just lately she seems very over enthusiastic about every product and frequently talks over the guest presenters, which makes me wonder if she knows so much about an item why bother to have them on with her, let her just control the whole show , she seems to be like a motormouth lately and I can no longer watch her.

I get impatient with slow talkers.........waiting...................for.....................them...............to..........................finish............their....
...well you get the idea.
Charlie on Q and Dennice on Ideal World are the main culprits, but isn't a lack of tolerance my problem not theirs?

Ali K is the only presenter who looks well styled helped by her very trim figure and does her preparation. That’s where the good points stop.

She never shuts up, talks over guests and has her iPad surgically attached to her hand. The constant referrals to her grandchildren, her (third?) wedding get on my chesticles. She isn’t called Gatling gun Keenan for nothing.

Unless I am misremembering, when I first started watching Q I liked Ali K and thought she was a professional presenter - very well groomed and explained products clearly and thoroughly. Now, I cannot abide her when she is in full on verbal mode! So I wonder if she changed voluntarily or had to when the hard sell regime started.

I used to be able to watch Alison but just lately she seems very over enthusiastic about every product and frequently talks over the guest presenters, which makes me wonder if she knows so much about an item why bother to have them on with her, let her just control the whole show , she seems to be like a motormouth lately and I can no longer watch her.
I watched her last night at the launch of the TSV and boy is she 'brown' (or whatever PC word we are allowed to use now), I mean considering we haven't been able to travel, she must easily tan (still a colour), the problem was it looked out of congress with everyone else, seen as most people don't tan/brown that easy!

I find I can`t watch any of them for longer than a few minutes. Maybe I`m just becoming old and grumpy but the garbage they spout and the speed some of them spout it at, just grates on me.
No, you’re not old and grumpy they are unbearable, unwatchable and not fit for purpose. They are there to inform us about products and for us to buy. If they are unwatchable and people switch off then they are failing. They are there as a substitute for their failed showbiz careers and they bore me.

I find I can`t watch any of them for longer than a few minutes. Maybe I`m just becoming old and grumpy but the garbage they spout and the speed some of them spout it at, just grates on me.

Me too, exactly what you and Evie said, they’re intolerable, and why these shop assistants think the majority of us are interested in their lives is beyond me, they’re there to describe products and let the guest presenters speak about it, they do neither as their lives are obviously so much more important than the job they’re there to do, I blame the people in charge for allowing them to carry on doing it.

They epitomise the sort of people I’m hating at the moment, you know those who insist in singing and dancing at me, cooking brownies, doing housework in their wedding dress, dying their hair and on and on it goes. If they want to show their mother, granny, friend ok but keep it to your ****** self. This is particularly your HW,AH, KP and their sycophants but dancing grannies are just as bad, your kids think it cute but keep it to the family circle the rest of us just don’t care.

In my opinion, all the presenters seem to have got worse since the lockdown. Maybe, after all the disastrous plant issues and items not arriving, they being told to “sell, sell, sell” even more than usual because of all the refunds they’re having to send out.

Jilly H is the only one who hasn’t changed.

I think they're all worried about their jobs like the rest of the UK. Plus they have a narrower range of different products on sale so they get into a verbal rut: give them a key-word and they set off trotting out their tried and trusted spiel hoping sales figures are as good as they were 1, 5 or 25 years ago.

If everything they sold were perfect and their delivery impeccable what would we post about? 🧞‍♂️ *

* I just wanted to use this genie emoji but it's presence is entirely irrelevant.

When I think back from what I remember we had fun posting about our purchases and exchanging ideas and information. I’ll never forget how much I laughed at the posts about the one eyed croc Butler and Wilson handbag. Anyone remember that?
QVC has changed and for me it has been spoilt. The presenters now think it is all about them and for me it makes uncomfortable viewing. I want to shop and not to witness presenters indulging their egos. It all went downhill with the introduction of presenter blogs.

When I think back from what I remember we had fun posting about our purchases and exchanging ideas and information. I’ll never forget how much I laughed at the posts about the one eyed croc Butler and Wilson handbag. Anyone remember that?
QVC has changed and for me it has been spoilt. The presenters now think it is all about them and for me it makes uncomfortable viewing. I want to shop and not to witness presenters indulging their egos. It all went downhill with the introduction of presenter blogs.

And the introduction if those flippin ipads that seem to be permanently attached to their hand so they can look at about every 30 seconds.

Once the iPads were introduced it all became one big luvvvv fest where only sycophants are allowed for God forbid Q presenters should ever come into contact with normal customers. Only Doris from Doncaster with her 3000 Kipling (bought to get 5 with her dead relatives names) and Brenda from Blackpool with 1000 Eek earrings are allowed.
We all want to be liked but would you really want to live in a bubble where everyone was so far but your bum you could spit them out? Real life must come as a shocker to them.

Latest posts

Back