Well thank you Alison grrr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I was looking forward to watching My Hair Doctor and for the past 20 minutes all Alison Young has done is talk over the BA as he tries to explain what everything does. As a result I'm not going to order - whereas I was hoping to - because of Alison interrupting him, talking over him and generally being a pain and I don't have enough info about the various products (of which there are quite a few) because of this. Shut the wotsit up Alison, for one moment!!!

It’s not just Alison who’s guilty of this. It’s only when you’re actually interested in an item that you realise how annoying it is. It’s actually quite hard to shop with qvc. Mute the shouty people, check the reviews and find it cheaper elsewhere with free delivery.
Having followed my own advice I haven’t heard whether Franks has said why she’s sitting down to present lately! Is she ok?

It’s not just Alison who’s guilty of this. It’s only when you’re actually interested in an item that you realise how annoying it is. It’s actually quite hard to shop with qvc. Mute the shouty people, check the reviews and find it cheaper elsewhere with free delivery.
Having followed my own advice I haven’t heard whether Franks has said why she’s sitting down to present lately! Is she ok?
Maybe she's done herself in on one of the exercise machines she demonstrated a week or so ago.

I was looking forward to watching My Hair Doctor and for the past 20 minutes all Alison Young has done is talk over the BA as he tries to explain what everything does. As a result I'm not going to order - whereas I was hoping to - because of Alison interrupting him, talking over him and generally being a pain and I don't have enough info about the various products (of which there are quite a few) because of this. Shut the wotsit up Alison, for one moment!!!
I might, occasionally, listen to info. on QVC but then go online to see whatever product is available elsewhere.Unless factoring the Q p&p cost, a product is better value from them, then I will order, otherwise best value!

Many times the camera has honed in on the model wearing a particular colour, while the BA and presenter are rabbitting on about the other colours - show us then ? then they bang on about where you can wear the damn thing, then its onto the next item on the rail. grrrrrr.

Eilidh Nairn is the worst for talking over the brand rep. Poor Patrick Hoy last week was trying to describe garments, which he does so well. EN just wasn’t interested in what he was saying, just kept talking about herself or parroting the instructions from the gallery. I watched because I like Patrick but didn’t buy, on principle.

Many times the camera has honed in on the model wearing a particular colour, while the BA and presenter are rabbitting on about the other colours - show us then ? then they bang on about where you can wear the damn thing, then its onto the next item on the rail. grrrrrr.
I swear they are becoming even more useless and incompetent at presenting items on the telly. If they had a half-decent website it would be less of an issue. Q tv and website are most often sales prevention tools, imo.

Eilidh is not a great presenter. She goes on and on about anything and everything and is so busy trying to be hyper and bouncy and smiley that she forgets what she's supposed to be talking about or gets her words mixed up. She'd be far better on children's TV. I did see Ophelia today with that laser hairbrush and she was actually quite good. I think she also gets very hyper when she's on with a female BA and her voice gets higher and faster until you can't understand her. Today she was calm and professional.

CC

I don't need to know where and how I can wear the garment the presenter is showing. I can figure that out by myself. Bring the tape measure back, so we know exactly what the bust size measures and how long the sleeves are. It's all guess work when they tell us that we may want to go up or down a size.

My biggest gripe is none of the clothes fit any of the models or presenters. The sizes obviously vary from brand to brand and QVC have dozens to sell. But they cant be bothered to make the models wear the right size.

I can sort of understand when there's a huge selection of colours/patterns available for a garment and they show a selection. It would take the whole hour to go through some of Ruth's colour combinations, but what really gets my goat is when they've got lets say two garments which are the same but the colour and the pattern are completely different - They send the model out wearing one of them and leave the other hanging on the rail, that's ridiculous tbh and I've actually seen the model come out in the same colour/style as the presenter =useless!

I don't need to know where and how I can wear the garment the presenter is showing. I can figure that out by myself. Bring the tape measure back, so we know exactly what the bust size measures and how long the sleeves are. It's all guess work when they tell us that we may want to go up or down a size.

Agree. I think most of the younger presenters wouldn't know one end of a tape measure from the other, because I wonder how many have actually measured anything tbh without referring to their phone ?

Again 'most' have no actual background in presenting if you look at the "cv's", they seem to range from ex dancers, models, part time authors, out of work actors, and one whose only attribute seems to have an affinity with the psychic world and loves anything sparkly. With that lot I think any one of us on here could do the job - and better, think of the freebies :D

Agree. I think most of the younger presenters wouldn't know one end of a tape measure from the other, because I wonder how many have actually measured anything tbh without referring to their phone ?

Again 'most' have no actual background in presenting if you look at the "cv's", they seem to range from ex dancers, models, part time authors, out of work actors, and one whose only attribute seems to have an affinity with the psychic world and loves anything sparkly. With that lot I think any one of us on here could do the job - and better, think of the freebies :D
Yes just think of the electricity you'd save with all that static from the polyester.

The thing that annoy me about a clothes show,if they are showing you a dress / jacket with many colours, why do they wear the darkest colour and then try to show us the darts and various things to do with the garment, which we (I) can't see.

Latest posts

Back