All staff meeting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OrangeLady

Registered Shopper
Nick was on air for 3 hours at lunchtime, with just 1 camera operator and 2 gallery staff bought across from JM.

Jess on afterwards, just mentioned something about not having wheel hours going forward. We'll, she said pearls wouldn't be on wheels in future, then mumbled something suggesting there wouldn't be wheels after this weekend.

I wonder what's been said in that meeting?

As an aside, I've noticed they've had guests on last weekend and more lined up this weekend. Glenn Lehrer, Charles Winston, Yianni, the gent who does the amber (I can't recall his name).
I'm pleased to see these names back, it gives me some confidence that better things might be happening behind the scenes.

Jess on afterwards, just mentioned something about not having wheel hours going forward. We'll, she said pearls wouldn't be on wheels in future, then mumbled something suggesting there wouldn't be wheels after this weekend.

I would take what Jess Foley says with a pinch of salt.

The meeting will no doubt be to tell presenters what scripted lines to 'panic' customers into buying until the next meeting.

They've just about flogged the 'jargoon grade' line to within an inch of its life, the 'This is out of Steve's vault' BS line is wearing very thin now, and surely people don't still keep falling for the endless 'breaking news' lines.

No doubt new instructed scripts will include "This is the best ever Ruby we've had since the last ever best ever Ruby we had", "Quick, grab this while you can - we've just heard that X mine in Farflungistan is closing", or "We can't bring you any more of this - until next week, when we conveniently find some more out the back" or "This is a brand new stone never ever seen before - we're the first in the world to have it - it's called Shysterite from Manchesteristan" - but what they won't tell you is that its just Kyanite again.

Or, maybe Steve has released a new supplement that can shrink your bunion in 2.3 seconds, or they've discovered that balancing a dyed blue Chalcedony from the end of your nose can cure the world of cancer.

OR, Dave Troth has just discovered an ultra rare Amblygonite-Jade - so rare, he's managed to bring 837 shipping containers full of the stuff, over on the back of three P&O ferries.

Stayed tuned folks. BREAKING NEWS! Buy as many as you can. Absolutely.

"We can't bring you any more of this - until next week, when we conveniently find some more out the back"
That reminds me of a few years ago when Steve himself said they had had a flood, I think it was, in a warehouse and discovered some boxes of Indian garnet, a la the old style certificate, (before my time), that GC used to use. Aka, that long in the place. And 'had to get rid of it cheap' to please either the accountant or the tax man (or avoid them?), can't remember which. (I have a terrible memory, if you don't already know :p ) Yes, I did buy one: a trio of stones.

That reminds me of a few years ago when Steve himself said they had had a flood, I think it was, in a warehouse and discovered some boxes of Indian garnet, a la the old style certificate, (before my time), that GC used to use. Aka, that long in the place. And 'had to get rid of it cheap' to please either the accountant or the tax man (or avoid them?), can't remember which. (I have a terrible memory, if you don't already know :p ) Yes, I did buy one: a trio of stones.

The only thing they're flooding in now is bulls**t.

There was a wheel on this morning. Not so long back someone said they had put an embargo on pearls and would not be selling any for a while. Next day? Baroque pearl earrings for sale. They are beginning to look increasingly desperate.

There was a wheel on this morning. Not so long back someone said they had put an embargo on pearls and would not be selling any for a while. Next day? Baroque pearl earrings for sale. They are beginning to look increasingly desperate.

You're not suggesting Gemporia would tell lies are you? I'm sure they wouldn't do that........

Latest posts

Back