Amazon Fire HD 10 10.1“ Tablet & Case TSV 24/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oooh, this could be interesting. I wonder how they'll price and pitch it bearing in mind the newest entry-level Fire 7" starts at £49.99 and bizarrely has a 'Buy 5 get 1 free' promotion.

I have had a pre-loved Kindle Fire 7"HD, it had hardly been out of its box too, since they started popping up on Ebay, and I love it!

I recently stopped using my Kindle Fire and bought a Samsung tablet as I found there were so many things you couldn't do on Kindle Fire, so many catch up TV channels won't work on it due to not being compatible with flash player also Kindles own browser was very slow and temperamental and you couldn't use Chrome, Firefox etc.....

Amazon Fire HD 10 10.1" 32GB Tablet with Case & 32GB MicroSD Card
Item Number: 507199
QVC Price £197.00
Today's Special Value Price £179.88
P&P £6.95

Specifically designed for those who love to browse the web and watch media with ease, the multi-purpose Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet features a stunning 10.1" HD touchscreen, a quad-core processor, 32GB of built-in storage and a 1GB RAM for smooth, proficient performance, all topped off with a long-lasting battery life of up to eight hours. Whether at home or on-the-go, enter your own world of immersive entertainment, keep up to date with emails, or even delve into a new novel with this lightweight and versatile device.

3 Easy Pay instalments of £59.96, plus P&P

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.507199

£199.99 on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VKNFSYY/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 so not a bad deal if its the excat same one

I got the invite to buy early, but no interest. I have a bog standard Kindle I just use for reading, which suits me.

I had a Kindle for reading before I got Kindle Fire, even once I got KF I continued to use original Kindle for reading as it is not backlit! You cannot use a KF to read if it is bright just in the way you struggle to see screen of your mobile if it is bright.

Bought my dad one for christmas last year, crashed and failed twice. Exchanged it for an Ipad mini and hasn't looked back. Ipad's might be more expensive but they work 99% of the time as opposed to the Kindle's 50%

I've got an ipad / ipad mini and a Fire HD... so have had a lot of opportunity to make comparisons.

The Fire HD has a great picture and great features BUT you are only able to buy apps from Amazon - have a look on Amazon at their apps to see if there are enough for you.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=mobile-apps&field-keywords=

Also I think calling the Fire HD a Kindle is a bit misleading - it has a shiny screen and is nothing like a normal Kindle reader (which has a matt screen and better fonts for reading). Yes, you can read your books on there BUT an ordinary Kindle is easier on the eye.

I have Amazon Prime so the HD tablet is great for getting Prime content when I'm away in hotel rooms plus it has a 'mirror' facility to send the image to a compatible TV... although now I use a Fire Stick (£35) to watch my Prime content instead.

So, basically, if reading books is your main aim then I'd recommend getting a Kindle with or without a light - there are so many free books that it pays for itself after a few months.

You can always buy one of the new £49 mini Fires as a cheap tablet for on the move to supplement you e-reader:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Y3TM6CO/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

If apps are important to you just make sure Amazon has enough content for you.

If it's just for surfing and watching films etc then the Fire will be great BUT I still prefer the iPad interface as it just seems easier to navigate.

Hope this helps.

Special offers

I know the presenters have to be very cagy over what they can and can't say but at no time have they mentioned whether this tablet is the version with or without special offers. I have looked on the Amazon website, yes they are undercutting the site for one day only, but having done some very quick research on the website. It is stating that for the moment at least the white version can't come without special offers (and is not available until the 30th), or and the white is not yet available without the special offers. Something they have 'forgotten' to mention on the presentation!

I know the presenters have to be very cagy over what they can and can't say but at no time have they mentioned whether this tablet is the version with or without special offers. I have looked on the Amazon website, yes they are undercutting the site for one day only, but having done some very quick research on the website. It is stating that for the moment at least the white version can't come without special offers (and is not available until the 30th), or and the white is not yet available without the special offers. Something they have 'forgotten' to mention on the presentation!

i dont think they can say its like the samsung TV the other day apparently it came with a 5yr warranty i was told but they were not allowed to mention this on air due to "legal restrictions" so that could be the same case for this

Yes the ones Q are selling do have them. You can pay £10 to remove them.

The 'special offers' bit is no hassle really - it's just an advert that shows the latest book or the latest offer... One swipe gets you out of it.

It's never bothered me enough to pay the £10... and some of the offers can be interesting.

Latest posts

Back